Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Help please

27 comments in this topic

Players
4,296 posts
11,820 battles

I'm calling out to the community now. Because I'm at a loss. From the moment I stumbled on wows I loved this game very much. In my case: I don't like 99,9% of all games around. I started in the end of open B. I would have tried wows sooner if only I'd known. So I'm talking aprox around sept 2015. I have seen lots of changes and the "end of the world BS" with all kinds of changes in the game play. Bakx and me started our clan together. And I know there are active forummates who has joined and left our clan. For various reasons. And I freaking know I haven't been always constructive on this forum. I'm asking all to leave this behind (and gladly attack me on relevant parts elsewhere) and give me advice.

Since 8.0 I don't feel any inclination to start wows as a game whatsoever. I've been gaming most of my life and loved it. There is only 1 inescapable occurrence: sooner or later that game will bore me and makes me to move on. Before wows this was Sins of a Solar Empire.

Now the thing is: I don't feel like I've reached the "bored point of no return" in wows yet. I'm just frustrated with the CV's in this game. pre and post 8.0. Pre 8 the match was decided in the opening screen: the side with the CV who had the highest WR would win the match with a margin of 0.5% (in 99% of the cases). But CV's were quite rare back then. With this 'update' I have realized the CV's are playing a totally different game. world of warplanes. post and RTS pre 8.0 in a first person shooter match. IRL the CV was undeniable the definite turning point of naval warfare. Ingame: CV play =/= ship to ship play. It's plane to ship.

Also with the BS of nerfing GC to T6 because "reasons" made me loss any interest to play this wretched game anymore. Being a P2W-er I have gladly invested hard earned cash into this game. Nothing I couldn't afford to and to contribute my love to this game. But never expecting to receive a direct nerf on a paid for with IRL money ship. Even if my, repeat MY POV GC is a POS garbage ship in which I couldn't be arsed to fulfill the extra XP mission because I found it too frustrating to play. Not to whine: a risk I take with buying a prem ship.

So on topic: I feel like I'm betraying my own clan. But I must admit I am hating this game since 8.0. What is your advice? "Ferry, let the *edited* blow over? You have reached your "it's not fun anymore and move on point?" I just don't know anymore people. Any advice is welcome.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,754 posts
8,805 battles

First of all pretty much: "Ferry, let the sh*tstorm blow over"

It will take a while to get the rework to a good spot. It will get worse before it gets better, as shown by the hotfix.

There might be other reasons that are contributing to your recent dislike for the game, so it might not even help having the CV rework finished.

Sometimes you just lose interest. I know I have with games in the past, not because of one sudden reason, but because of many smaller annoyances over time.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
3,228 posts
8,306 battles

Perhaps take a break, preferably a fairly long one; I was in a similar state re: WOT about eighteen months ago. Largely dropping out until this Christmas (and even now, only occasionally playing) has given me a chance to come back with renewed enthusiasm.

I'm at the point now where I'm actually quite excited by the arrival of the new wheeled vehicles (even if they turn out to suck), and the imminent resurrection of Frontline.

As @Nechrom says, there is a good chance that there will be a lot more exasperation with CVs before they get sorted out; if the game is already getting on your tits*, why make it worse (assuming Ranked etc. aren't doing it for you either)? Perhaps better to duck out for a bit, and let others do the beta testing?

*My reference is, as always, ornithological...

• Cool 1

Players
1,244 posts

I feel the same @Ferry_25 And taking a break is really the only advice I could give. You won't end up sitting staring out of the window. Something else will soak up your time. As for the social connections: just stay in touch with those who will still be your friends even when you stop gaming with each other. 

3955037.thumb.jpg.fc6f20ffa2eaaffc973690044049f3d7.jpg

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,392 posts

Take a break, I'm also lowering my intensity gravely since 0.8.0. It keeps my sanity, and I don't have to deal with the unbalanced mess that is 0.8.0.xxxxxxxxx

• Cool 2

[-GOD-]
Players
924 posts
15,317 battles

I had the same and felt holding back for a bit. But 0.8.0.1 happened and I wanted to test my poor sweet Atlanta again to see how she would hold up vs. the carriers. Im on my fourth match and havent met one carrier yet, so i can't test my AA.

I can't tell you things might have died down with the hotfix. Not sure yet. I played tier VI carrier as well and it's way more fun now. No more brainless spamming, you actually have to think about where to attack, from what direction, because you don't want to end up on top of two BB's with fierce continuous damage after you dropped your first load. The F key nerf is great.

So I suggest try it for a bit, in a ship you feel comfortable in.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
4,437 posts
7,937 battles
41 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

First of all pretty much: "Ferry, let the sh*tstorm blow over"

It will take a while to get the rework to a good spot. It will get worse before it gets better, as shown by the hotfix.

this, pretty much. I don't particularly care about the balancing mess that is going on right now - I've so far played about half a dozen T6 CV matches before the hotfix, because I was curious how it felt, and that's it Randoms wise. I'll just wait out the next month or two, and judge the Rework not by how it is at release, but "the final product", because I personally think it does have quite a bit of potential to be good in the end.

As for the Giulio Cesare kerfuffle - can't help you there unfortunately, the things I could say would not exactly be friendly so I'll keep my mouth shut :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles
53 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

"Ferry, let the sh*tstorm blow over? 

Combine this with trying out some other games, that's what I do currently. Lately Gothic Armada 2 has been eating a lot of my time (I was still going to be playing this more over WoWs anyway, the CV mess just made it easier) and I have just been jumping into WoWs for the occasional daily win for ships I'm grinding or Ranked. And to try out if the fixes.

• Cool 1

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,102 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Any advice is welcome.

Hi Ferry!, update 8.0 was introduced just 1 week ago and fine-tunings ( more detailed analysis) happening as we speak. Give it some time, await it all. No doubt in my mind that majority of player base will much like the final result, give it some time.

I myself experience the battles as from 8.0 as truly very vibrant (I like that), lots of great action and faster-paced and must say I like it already. There must be very many other players out there sharing my enthusiasm, but 95% of player base you will never ever see posting on forums. Why would they do that(?), i mean, they are here for enjoying the game and prefer playing their battles. And after the reworks of the carriers we get the submarines in future (great!), so cheer up.

Anyway, that is my opinion as a fellow player/consumer: just give it some time, cheers, P

• Cool 1

Players
4,296 posts
11,820 battles

Wow.... Deeply honored with your replies people. I liked them all.

@tenacious_torps  you don't make sense to me like ever

@GarrusBrutus I love your clan. Even with cheaters within the "home hax" like Mari. (he is still one of my most inspiring players). NED would love to have you both. Not being a recruiter whatsoever. Just innocently mentioning it....
@Yaskaraxx I freaking knew it! You can make posts making sense!

*edited*! You wonderful people make my life even more complicated!!!!

Edit: Mari and me have been speaking English to each other for 20 minutes.... Before we both found out the truth....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[BBMM]
Players
3,701 posts
4,021 battles

Forget abouit it for a while, I think they have produced something good, but will not fail to butcher it with the nerf/buff hammer.

It will be a while before it is 'playable' again. Me, being a sadistic miscreant, will have a good laugh (and also laugh at my own annoyance).

But they WILL make it good, as they must - else they fail and go bankrupt.

I'd just sit back and relax for a while. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,296 posts
11,820 battles
19 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

But they WILL make it good, as they must - else they fail and go bankrupt.

And that's where I am totally doubting. This whole CV farce I see it as an ego show. I have asked elsewhere like I'm a total mentally challenged *edited* if someone could explain me on that level of cognitive capabilities how planes and ships can be combined in the same game as they are doing in wows.... heck I can even comprehend major oil companies selling bread at gas stations. But this nonsense is the same as selling mortgages at the same gas stations. In which that issue would even make more sense than allowing planes to be in a ship game for that matter. FFS I's even more understand WG selling "toilet cleaning branch" from a certain town which dares call itself our capital in Rotterdam because they happen to have the same colors more than selling this garbage. OK I'll challenge WG. now. I'll buy, wear and take a RL picture of me wearing that toilet cleaner color shirt on Coolsingel in front of the townhall, proven with a selfie if they remove the CV's and place the plane game where it should belong in the first place (WOWP). Deadline is 14 days from now: 08-02-2019. 0.30.....

• Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
3,701 posts
4,021 battles
3 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

And that's where I am totally doubting. This whole CV farce I see it as an ego show. I have asked elsewhere like I'm a total mentally challenged moron if someone could explain me on that level of cognitive capabilities how planes and ships can be combined in the same game as they are doing in wows.... heck I can even comprehend major oil companies selling bread at gas stations. But this nonsense is the same as selling mortgages at the same gas stations. In which that issue would even make more sense than allowing planes to be in a ship game for that matter. FFS I's even more understand WG selling "toilet cleaning branch" from a certain town which dares call itself our capital in Rotterdam because they happen to have the same colors more than selling this garbage. OK I'll challenge WG. now. I'll buy, wear and take a RL picture of me wearing that toilet cleaner color shirt on Coolsingel in front of the townhall, proven with a selfie if they remove the CV's and place the plane game where it should belong in the first place (WOWP). Deadline is 14 days from now: 08-02-2019. 0.30.....

Well, that is where you go wrong / have been misinformed...

This game is CALLED 'World of Warships". So what do you get, yes you get warships. 

They have defined them as 'from the pre-dreadnaught period upto the end of the Battleships. So Ok, now you also know what period you get.

But there's this thing, what ARE warships? Well... and here's what some people aren't getting: it was the whole navy fleet.

So, that means - including carriers, submarines and the whole lot. And yes you can bet there will be submarines. 

Not yet, but if WoWS lives long enough, there WILL BE subs. Because they are WARSHIPS as well. 

And there will be somebody wanting to play them,  and they will be wanting to shoot surface ships. 

It is NOT an ego-project... else we'd have had (Russian!!) submarines a long long time already. 

But how do you make that into a game? Well, you can either do it 'realistic' or 'arcade'. Nobody will like realistic. Or at least, not too much.

So - as a consequence we have loads of BS and we call that "balance"... in the end they'll fix this CV mess. No worries.

But: 

I+_fc1fc2f3237b9ac5e0954b85136504d6.jpg

Unfortunately, this is the dude they gave the nerf/buff hammer....

But trying to get them out of it? Well, maybe if you are going to the Red Square wearing a MAGA hat and nothing else?

Watch this, after they balanced the Cvs they will bring on the subs. 

Personally I think you are right, CV play looks more like WoWP... but I liked that, just hated the bots. 

Now look what they gave me... PLANES and poor hapless victims. Oh goody. But I do hope they balance it because this sure is no fun this way.

But if (when!!) they do, I think they'll make more money... which is what they intend to do, and rightly so, as it is their bread and butter (and vodka).

For now it is ff-d up, so I'd wait it out or see the upcoming time as 'troll time'. But for sure they fix it.

And then what do you do? Well, I tend to chase CVs in Hood. Works great, and mega-lol. 

When I sink both of them I'll post a trollish picture of it in 'greatest daily achievements' for sure. 

Try to survive man. See it like they took your car, implanted a Turbo V8 but it just splutters and plonks, at the moment.

You will live with it, as that is what they did and it cannot be undone. And I'm sure you will like it once they balance it.

Players
2,176 posts

As the others have suggested, step away from the game for a while, it will help you to see it for what it is.

I have and I won't return until they have resolved the issues they've created by bad management and far worse change control, they certainly haven't seen me spending money on their game in quite a while and that won't be changing for a very, VERY long time. My game budget isn't trivial and I'm spending it elsewhere.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,258 posts
7,665 battles

As others have posted players need a break from games every now and then especially if they are going through a bad spell.

For me, personally, I had a multi month break several years ago but have been playing regularly for the last year or so (taking a break from Diablo III for seven months or so).

I must admit the days since the CV rework was very trying and I can understand why many need a break from the game.   I had some games where both CVs decided to go for me - I was able to dodge multiple torp attacks but there is only so much that you can keep dodging as the moving the AA sector does take time and the CVs we attacking from one flank and then immediately the other and I was no where near the border either.

I've been avoiding playing DDs as having to be near other ships for AA cover removes the old purpose of DDs - spotting and capping.  I was even contemplating taking out a CV (I only have a low number of games in them as I did not enjoy the RTS game style).

I'm hoping that the hotfix may have improved things.   The few games I played today were not as bad as the previous days but that may be because I went an hid in co-op (where the AI does not get a CV when there is one on the player's team).

Beta Tester
4,528 posts
9,851 battles
5 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

And that's where I am totally doubting. This whole CV farce I see it as an ego show. I have asked elsewhere like I'm a total mentally challenged moron if someone could explain me on that level of cognitive capabilities how planes and ships can be combined in the same game as they are doing in wows.... heck I can even comprehend major oil companies selling bread at gas stations. But this nonsense is the same as selling mortgages at the same gas stations. In which that issue would even make more sense than allowing planes to be in a ship game for that matter. FFS I's even more understand WG selling "toilet cleaning branch" from a certain town which dares call itself our capital in Rotterdam because they happen to have the same colors more than selling this garbage. OK I'll challenge WG. now. I'll buy, wear and take a RL picture of me wearing that toilet cleaner color shirt on Coolsingel in front of the townhall, proven with a selfie if they remove the CV's and place the plane game where it should belong in the first place (WOWP). Deadline is 14 days from now: 08-02-2019. 0.30.....

Getting to the bottom of it I see. It's really just yet another CV whine thread by you.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
973 posts
18,550 battles

Well, I am basically in the same boat as you are.... I have stopped spending and mentally preparing to leave this game, if need be. 

My advice - avoid Randoms.

Play Coop, stay low tiers and do some LM grinding in coop (for example where you need 15 wins). Try even Ranked, although that is a disaster on its own. When CBs come back, play that (unless WG in their stupidity introduces CVs into it).

Then we will see - if by 0.8.2 this CV mockery is not over, then it will be the time to look around for a new game. 

Players
183 posts
11,672 battles
5 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

With the recent hotfix introduced yesterday the CV numbers in games will soon drop radicaly and within a month noone will play them. You will be seeing even less of them in matches compaired to before. So heads up! :)

Players
3,068 posts
245 battles

The only thing i can advise is too take a break but with the recent hard buffs to AA the cv pop will properly drop considerably for the time being untill wargaming buff them or nerf AA or a combination of both.

either way you could play total war, garrys mod for laughs (not armoured warfare they shut down their forums now just goes to show gow dead that game is if its even functioning at this point).

happy valentines day!

Players
4,296 posts
11,820 battles
16 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Getting to the bottom of it I see. It's really just yet another CV whine thread by you.

Spot on my friend. Also thank you all for all your wonderful and very good advice. Indeed the "step back, re catch my breath" is exactly what I'm doing now. However even in regard of your excellent advice and correct "me, whining for the millionth time about CV" there is this nagging, for me so far impossible driving away "force" from this game. Heck: I don't even give a FF about WG now conidering direct nerf a premium ship. I simply won't buy them anymore. It's that simple. No, my whole problem is I want to "fight" equal vehicles. In which this game are names "ships" (World of warSHIPS). In case you don't know: those are very clumsy vehicles which by some reason manage to float on water. And which don't FLY, go around with mach 2 with propellers and have very heavy guns on them. (water is the substance below air to explain in case you didn't understand this). So I want to combat against ships and not air vermin. Pre/ post 8.0 with all "patches/ fixes/ BS" whatsoever. I'm ready to say it now: Either CV's be gone or I'm gone. And I don't mind at all if you hate me for the latter. I simply refuse to play 1 more PvP match against planes while driving boats. Not even with 100% effective AA. World of warSHIPS. That's my proposal. Take it or leave it. I don't care anymore.

Edit: I know. It's 99,9% likely I'm going. Don't worry I'll close the door quietly. But I want to say thank you to all you wonderful people who has helped me beyond imagination to become better. I am so proud of evolving from a total useless braindead noob who doesn't have any idea what he's doing to the level of a total braindead noob over time. Thank you so much. And thank you WG for the wonderful time I had to now. I've been honored to give my contribution with P2W wallet warrior in wows. Ferry signing off with the vain hope one day WG comes to their senses and make this game free of a totally utterly different vehicle which can't be balanced in any way namely planes. Spam them in operations I don't care. But in PvP IMO it's only a recipe for disaster. Sh*t. I'm actually confirmed this will be my last post on the forum as well if things doesn't change. Which I don't expect. Happy to have known you all people. Seeing my "avatar?" That is actually me with my wife. On the cruise ship "Rotterdam" all dressed up for the "captain's dinner"

tl;dr. TY. I'm off. It's the plane spam off or me and I know it'll be me.

Players
1,244 posts
15 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Spot on my friend. Also thank you all for all your wonderful and very good advice. Indeed the "step back, re catch my breath" is exactly what I'm doing now. However even in regard of your excellent advice and correct "me, whining for the millionth time about CV" there is this nagging, for me so far impossible driving away "force" from this game. Heck: I don't even give a FF about WG now conidering direct nerf a premium ship. I simply won't buy them anymore. It's that simple. No, my whole problem is I want to "fight" equal vehicles. In which this game are names "ships" (World of warSHIPS). In case you don't know: those are very clumsy vehicles which by some reason manage to float on water. And which don't FLY, go around with mach 2 with propellers and have very heavy guns on them. (water is the substance below air to explain in case you didn't understand this). So I want to combat against ships and not air vermin. Pre/ post 8.0 with all "patches/ fixes/ BS" whatsoever. I'm ready to say it now: Either CV's be gone or I'm gone. And I don't mind at all if you hate me for the latter. I simply refuse to play 1 more PvP match against planes while driving boats. Not even with 100% effective AA. World of warSHIPS. That's my proposal. Take it or leave it. I don't care anymore.

Ferry I played some games tonight and only in a couple of them did I encounter CVs. Of those CVs I've met, exactly 0 were actually good and doing useful stuff. It is really not that bad as you think.

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,102 battles
23 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

And that's where I am totally doubting. This whole CV farce I see it as an ego show. I have asked elsewhere like I'm a total mentally challenged *edited* if someone could explain me on that level of cognitive capabilities how planes and ships can be combined in the same game as they are doing in wows.... heck I can even comprehend major oil companies selling bread at gas stations. But this nonsense is the same as selling mortgages at the same gas stations. In which that issue would even make more sense than allowing planes to be in a ship game for that matter. FFS I's even more understand WG selling "toilet cleaning branch" from a certain town which dares call itself our capital in Rotterdam because they happen to have the same colors more than selling this garbage. OK I'll challenge WG. now. I'll buy, wear and take a RL picture of me wearing that toilet cleaner color shirt on Coolsingel in front of the townhall, proven with a selfie if they remove the CV's and place the plane game where it should belong in the first place (WOWP). Deadline is 14 days from now: 08-02-2019. 0.30.....

jeeh, Ferry, ik, genietend van een heerlijke rode wijn zie ik je bericht op dit forum, hahaha, wat ben jij op dreef zeg! Wel, als bij jou het hek van de dam gaat dan wordt het echt lachen, stadhuis zeg je? hahahaha, de stadswachten gaan je arresteren en dit wordt een mega proces vwb de vrijheid van meningsuiting, haha (...wacht, ik ga je een berichtje sturen, schenk jezelf onderwijl een lekker drankje in...ohh man, jij hebt echt de bokkepruik op nu, hahaha, ik stuur je een berichtje, proost! P

[N3XUS]
Players
993 posts
23,102 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Don't worry I'll close the door quietly. But I want to say thank you to all you wonderful people who has helped me beyond imagination to become better.

...maar, ik wil helemaal niet dat je stopt, en zeker niet iemand als jij! Kom op, lees het berichtje wat ik je heb gestuurd (= prive). Je doet nou net alsof er een gigantische epidemie van Ebola is uitgebroken in Rotterdam, wat natuurlijk niet het geval is, kom, lees mijn berichtje  (= prive-bericht); laat mij je overtuigen met een paar korte berichtjes, geef mij een kans om "het grotere beeld te schetsen". Ik wil niet dat je zou besluiten om weg te gaan: zoiets zou ik echt betreuren, P

Sign in to follow this