Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Toteu4ever

CV rework

8 comments in this topic

[EX-TH]
Players
2 posts

Hello , 
Imagine that I am a dd's player.Imagine that my concealment does not matter anymore since the last update ( if you play a dd you are spotted all the time) Imagine that you cant be in front line anymore because if you do that you start the game with half of HP( rocket planes).Imagine that the caping the point can't be done anymore at low tiers/ high tier (planes and radars). Now imagine that like a true dd you stay back close to the team at the last line of defense in order to play and not die in 1st 5 minutes. Imagine that I play with premium ship and I do like 1k damage and I am ok with that (credits and xp) 
I think you created a super game with the last update. NOW IMAGINE THAT I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND I MOVE TO A DIFFERENT GAME. Do you care ...guess not ...do I will invest money again in one of your game for sure NOT. Do you will send me a standard message at this issue ...yea sure ... bye bye.

• Boring 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,212 battles
4 hours ago, Toteu4ever said:

Hello , 
Imagine that I am a dd's player.Imagine that my concealment does not matter anymore since the last update ( if you play a dd you are spotted all the time) Imagine that you cant be in front line anymore because if you do that you start the game with half of HP( rocket planes).Imagine that the caping the point can't be done anymore at low tiers/ high tier (planes and radars). Now imagine that like a true dd you stay back close to the team at the last line of defense in order to play and not die in 1st 5 minutes. Imagine that I play with premium ship and I do like 1k damage and I am ok with that (credits and xp) 
I think you created a super game with the last update. NOW IMAGINE THAT I AM CLOSING MY ACCOUNT AND I MOVE TO A DIFFERENT GAME. Do you care ...guess not ...do I will invest money again in one of your game for sure NOT. Do you will send me a standard message at this issue ...yea sure ... bye bye.

Thank you for writing in such a readable colour. Now enjoy my post doing the same for you.

1) We don't need to imagine any of that. We all have seen and heard more then enough about CV vs DD in this patch. The pre-hotfix patch to be more correct, hotfix brings a lot of changes to this

2) Improvise. Adapt. Overcome. That's not just a meme, it's "survival of the fittest". You can't adapt = you'll suffer from it. You can adapt = you'll get over it, preferably without this much complaining

3) Yes, noone really cares about you quitting, or threatening to do so. Don't let the door hit your stern on your way out!

4 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Dark Mode lives matter.

Bookmark this thread, then copy a part of that ^ into your text field (and don't select "paste as plain text") every time someone has done this black text bs - then use it to write in white. Both light themes (classic and white) will be unable to read it. If WG can't fix it, it's our time to step up. Time to fight fire with fire :fish_viking:

Players
817 posts
5 hours ago, Toteu4ever said:

Hello , 

I was surprised to see, the one thing they have not tried to address in this latest hotfix patch. The main problem of DD players being spotted all the time by planes, which pretty much makes concealment a useless feature in the game now.  If they have no intention of doing anything about this problem with planes perma-spotting ships all the time, then they might as well remove DD as a class of ship to play, along with removing concealment as a skill.

Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
20 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

I was surprised to see, the one thing they have not tried to address in this latest hotfix patch. The main problem of DD players being spotted all the time by planes, which pretty much makes concealment a useless feature in the game now.  If they have no intention of doing anything about this problem with planes perma-spotting ships all the time, then they might as well remove DD as a class of ship to play, along with removing concealment as a skill.

It kinda was adressed actually. AA got more consistant in dealing damage, which disallowes planes to stay in a position of spotting for a long time. This, ofc, only helps if

a) the DD plays for the objective instead of wandering around the map or in the enemy spawn. No friendly can nor should cover you there with AA.

b) your team is willing to support you. This needs very basic teamplay / communication as in - not go alone for a cap / move together for a cap.

If someone doesnt follow a+b - you will be permaspotted and deserve to be deleted by the CV.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
20 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

It kinda was adressed actually. AA got more consistant in dealing damage, which disallowes planes to stay in a position of spotting for a long time. This, ofc, only helps if

a) the DD plays for the objective instead of wandering around the map or in the enemy spawn. No friendly can nor should cover you there with AA.

b) your team is willing to support you. This needs very basic teamplay / communication as in - not go alone for a cap / move together for a cap.

If someone doesnt follow a+b - you will be permaspotted and deserve to be deleted by the CV.

Actually...

The only thing they did for (most) DDs is slightly lowering the number of attack planes coming after you. The "consistent AA" actually works against DDs "playing the objective" since the AA rarely pushes close enough to really support them while it does make target selection much more limited. Now the only viable targets are the lone ones, preferably lone and AA-light. And the ships most often fitting the description are DDs. I know that when I played Haku post-hotfix, I was focusing on DDs even more than before. Because I basically had the choice of going after DDs or waiting for other opportunities doing nothing. The one place where the AA changes directly help DDs is by making it so that AA DDs can prevent hovering over them... which is a tactic hardly any CV uses anyway since it's usually more viable to drop all the rockets and then quickly come back with another serving of the same.

Now, I'm not saying that the hotfix did little for DDs - but the most beneficial effect is very indirect. Basically... some CVs became borderline unplayable and these that still can perform managed to become pretty unfun despite still holding quite some power (dealing with IJN TB handling is just a chore also you still can get Haku to perform). Results? MUCH less CVs in the queue. Lots of battles without CVs. Very few battles with two per team. This brought DDs back from the dead - often there are no CVs and when they are, it's usually just one, making it much more manageable (especially if there are 3 different DDs - the CV usually can be only ruining the day for one at the same time :Smile-_tongue:).

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,198 battles
17 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The only thing they did for (most) DDs is slightly lowering the number of attack planes coming after you.

Meh, who cares about those nowadays?

2d4Jwdu.png

:Smile_trollface:

Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
7 minutes ago, eliastion said:

the most beneficial effect is very indirect. Basically... some CVs became borderline unplayable and these that still can perform managed to become pretty unfun despite still holding quite some power (dealing with IJN TB handling is just a chore also you still can get Haku to perform). Results? MUCH less CVs in the queue. Lots of battles without CVs. Very few battles with two per team. This brought DDs back from the dead - often there are no CVs and when they are, it's usually just one, making it much more manageable (especially if there are 3 different DDs - the CV usually can be only ruining the day for one at the same time :Smile-_tongue:).

Yea... thats certainly true aswell. They should have never allowed 2 CVs per side on the higher tiers, it caused a lot of the problems I think.

7 minutes ago, eliastion said:

The "consistent AA" actually works against DDs "playing the objective" since the AA rarely pushes close enough to really support them while it does make target selection much more limited. Now the only viable targets are the lone ones, preferably lone and AA-light. And the ships most often fitting the description are DDs. I know that when I played Haku post-hotfix, I was focusing on DDs even more than before. Because I basically had the choice of going after DDs or waiting for other opportunities doing nothing. The one place where the AA changes directly help DDs is by making it so that AA DDs can prevent hovering over them... which is a tactic hardly any CV uses anyway since it's usually more viable to drop all the rockets and then quickly come back with another serving of the same.

Thats why I mentioned the parts about teamplay / cover. Sure, if the DD is that far ahead, I actually think, your conclusion is right. He will automatically be in that area, where the red CV is looking for a target and thus be spotted a lot. So this is challenging for both DDs and Cruisers/BBs. They need to actually teamplay and stay somewhat close to each other. But hey, if this change forces teamplay down the guts of the playerbase im all for it. I actually tried this today (staying close to the DD), what I would have called before "overextending" in my Mino. Maybe got a bit lucky, that the enemy BBs were so afraid and my random DD actually seemed really decent, but it worked and I managed to protect my DD by that. Also the early spotting of your CV helps, because you can now detemine much better, if you can move up or not. You now know pretty much 30-50 sec in the game, where everyone is moving. Im a little bit 50/50 about this overall. It seems to make people more passive (who would have thought thats possible, right?) but when you have that information - might aswell make use of it.

Sign in to follow this