You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T3ddyBear

CV Hotfix working as intended...

128 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
128 posts
2,976 battles

Are you surprised they wouldn't play the incredibly boring, even before the hotfix, tier 4 carriers. They're widely considered to be just [edited]. 1 Torp per run..ooh...wow, hold me, I don't think I can handle all these torps and my what incredibly speed those planes move it...

• Funny 3

[NKK]
Beta Tester
725 posts
7,444 battles

Yep. It is working as intended. I uninstalled the game. And I don't even play 10% of my games as CV. 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
660 posts
13,345 battles
22 minutes ago, T3ddyBear said:

swung a generic hammer across the board to fix one ship in a line.

It's usually how things are done by WG these days

23 minutes ago, T3ddyBear said:

Also, stop saying "we have the stats", it is driving people mad, you don't share them, you want us to take it on trust, sorry WG you have consistently been eroding trust, there is none right now.

Spot on! I got slightly "triggered" when he said that as well.

Actually @T3ddyBear your entire post is spot on! Agree 100% with everything your wrote there.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,616 posts
14,543 battles

You've hit the nail on the proverbial head. Thanks for that post.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

Most if not all will be back again when UK CV are introduced.....then it'back to 3 CV per side again ( current cap ) Yeehaaa

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
267 posts
14,038 battles
20 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Most if not all will be back again when UK CV are introduced...

Will they? Are you quite sure about that?

You know, I'm very obsessive about the names and faces of my ship commanders. With a sole exception, they all have unique names and faces, and that one exception is a reward commander from one of the operations. I don't even have first and last names appearing in different combinations. To achieve this, I have had to reroll the names and faces thousands of times, and I have discarded several commanders with experience points because they conflicted with my existing commanders. And one of them, which I recruited over a year ago, has always been intended for British CVs. And now that the British CVs are actually on the horizon, I am so disgusted with the rework that I doubt whether I will ever use him.

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
Players
947 posts
15,338 battles

I for one had fun tonight as opposed to the last few days. i wanted to test my Atlanta again in 0.8.0.1 after 0.8.0 was a huge dissapointment for her. I didnt find one carrier in 4 matches. I can't say I feel sorry to have a small breather, even if it is just for couple of days.

So I played some tier Vi carriers to fill the void, one tier VII match and one tier VIII. I had way more fun being fragile again. The F key hotfix is great. I really had to plan my attacks, avoid certain ship groups and pick my targets. Plan my runs, not only for a good attack angle, but making sure i didn't end up on top of tier 8 BB's after dropping my payload. No more spamming brainless truds, but play that requiers planning, patience and a bit of luck. The AA felt very frightning expecially in tier 8 but tier 7 was no joke either, which totally added to my experience. I had to take out half filled  airgroups with only 4 or 5 planes in them at the last stand. That actually felt good to me as a carrier. Fair.

I must say, being tier up from 6 to 8 feels very harsh. 5 tier VIII BB's and just two tier 6 ships of which one of the carriers was one. Undoable, but way more fun.

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
32 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Most if not all will be back again when UK CV are introduced.....then it'back to 3 CV per side again ( current cap ) Yeehaaa

That's because the RN CVs seem to be pre-hotfix-Haku level of OP :Smile_teethhappy:

[NWP]
Players
5,893 posts
7,177 battles
1 hour ago, T3ddyBear said:

If the intended goal of WG is to increase the CV player base I would say the "hotfix" today has failed.

Balancing is not done yet. Many people told them, that the rework was not finished for live servers, and they didnt listen. Now we have this. First Haku OP, then the hotfix was balancing in the other direction. Id judge the rework in 2 months or so when they say they are finished with it. There is no reason to get all mad about the current state. I rather have the CVs underpowered than brokenly OP like Haku was (not to mention the F-key abuse). Because if they are OP for too long, it will annihilate a larger part of the playerbase, and WG cant afford that.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
495 posts
10,622 battles
1 hour ago, T3ddyBear said:

How can a company mess up so badly in such a short period of time, it simply beggars belief.

Have you heard the tale...

Of Darth EA the wise?

It's not a story the board of directors would tell you.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

4,668 posts
9,154 battles
5 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

First Haku OP, then the hotfix was balancing in the other direction

To quote reddit:

aurs01e728f21.jpg

[AAO]
Players
2,251 posts
10,991 battles
3 hours ago, T3ddyBear said:

I watched the WG stream, they wouldn't play tier4 CV's, it is the starting point for new players but nope, not going there. MrConway dodges the Shokaku and plays the Audacious instead,

This.

This annoys me extremely. Except for a very very select amount of CCs and streamers, you never see anyone playing midtier carriers. Fara did a few on stream yesterday at least, but we already know how much WG values his opinion I guess.

There's a lot of carriers in very akward positions, but I guess it's easier if we don't see them suffer in public... Better spam some OP WIP's and tell everything's ok.

I'm gonna make this a statement: hey @MrConway, you said on stream you are desperate for our opinions. Why don't you do a full night stream of tier 6 and 8 carriers. Let us know when, I'll be there. I'll give you my input there and then - though that won't be necessary cause everything will be obvious soon enough.

• Cool 13

Alpha Tester
473 posts
729 battles

The hotfix IS working as intended, as it was so fun and engagingTM   for me to play these last few days where I got torp'd from a distance of 1km, unable to do anything, AA being completely useless and reliant on the flak RNG machine and dealing tens of thousands in plane damage but 0 or nearly 0 plane kills.

Hakuryu was absolute cancer and it deserved the nerf considering that its torp  squadrons did an amazingly better area denial job than DDs, plus I still get torp'd from 1km distance, however this time I do have a chance to not eat the entire salvo due to the modified arcs.

EDIT: Now in case of the tier 4 and 6 carriers, yes, they are underwhelming, but the way I see it it would be an easy fix to up HP values in planes and give torp bombers one more torp, or slightly increase the  damage of that one torp they are dropping, also limit MM depending on their tech level while giving new planes as module upgrades (say you have a stock Hosho, you can't get thrown in matches against tier 5 without having at least one type of tier 5 planes, same for the rest of the remaining CVs)

You people forget that CVs in this game fight exactly like artillery does in WoT, in other words being able to cause you damage without them incurring any direct damage either, no risk whatsoever. Even submarines would have been a more suitable addition. Why? Because in order for a submarine to cause damage, it would have to expose itself as a vessel to harm from one source, whether it would be depth charges, or fire from other ships; CVs instead sit at a distance pushing out squadron after squadron of planes. 

The current gameplay is a step in the right direction, and it is a system that's mostly done and good. As seen here people complain about how torpedo bombers were nerfed, but nothing about the rocket attack aircraft nor dive bombers. Dive bombers are no longer 100% dependent on RNG, not even in majority dependent on RNG, and so do the rocket bombers: just the rocket spread varies slightly. Also, another thing that the "old school" carrier players miss is that this time their team is also more dependent on their spotting, which is a thing I rarely see being done.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles

I'm not feeling the nerf tbh.

YNBGCem.png

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
4 hours ago, T3ddyBear said:

Well 5 games this evening across tiers 9/10, not a single CV to be seen.

You mean it's possible to play the game outside of Ranked once again? Nice, guess it's worth updating it after all

2 hours ago, Saiyko said:

Fara did a few on stream yesterday at least, but we already know how much WG values his opinion I guess.

Far too little if you ask me. I wonder why tho, there must be at lest some reason

Why don't you do a full night stream of tier 6 and 8 carriers.

Don't forget a couple of games in 4s aswell :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
473 posts
729 battles
13 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

YNBGCem.png

You're playing at night, everyone knows tomatoes fall asleep around 22-23 and suddenly the quality of games goes up.

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
5,893 posts
7,177 battles
17 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

YNBGCem.png

Looks like your old midway average damage. Guess nothing has changed :cap_haloween:

Players
4,124 posts
7,614 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You mean it's possible to play the game outside of Ranked once again? Nice, guess it's worth updating it after all

Indeed it is.

11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Far too little if you ask me. I wonder why tho, there must be at lest some reason

Did they value the input of any experianced CV player before? I cant think of even one.

Why don't you do a full night stream of tier 6 and 8 carriers. Let us know when, I'll be there. I'll give you my input there and then - though that won't be necessary cause everything will be obvious soon enough.

This focus on T10 / Haku is getting annoying. Also, the forum is a mess. The moderators, quite frankly, arent doing what would be neccessary. The goal of WG was literally to make CVs more accessible. So far, they have created a short-time OP Haku, that made people throw money at them to exchange free XP (guess thats a success in their view?) and entry-level CVs that will... scare new players away.

• Cool 6

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles
25 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyGoldstein said:

You're playing at night, everyone knows tomatoes fall asleep around 22-23 and suddenly the quality of games goes up.

Which would imply that I actually played against better players, likely specialized in AA because they know they are :etc_swear:ed otherwise, rather than the usual potatoes. Yet I still managed to win every match.

Shot yourself in the foot much?

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Alpha Tester
473 posts
729 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Which would imply that I actually played against better players, likely specialized in AA because they know they are :etc_swear:ed otherwise, rather than the usual potatoes. Yet I still managed to win every match.

Tone down your arrogance, you're not the only guy and the fate of the match does not rely entirely on you to talk that way.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
4,124 posts
7,614 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Right now, you will be attacked for anything you say in this forum.

• Funny 3

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles
6 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyGoldstein said:

Tone down your arrogance, you're not the only guy and the fate of the match does not rely entirely on you to talk that way.

Ah, you're one of those "WR is purely luck" guys, aren't you?

8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Right now, you will be attacked for anything you say in this forum.

Good. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[AAO]
Players
2,251 posts
10,991 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

Ah, you're one of those "WR is purely luck" guys, aren't you?

It's kinda luck, you just try to circumvent it - we all know you drop down to 35% at best if you play at daytime.

• Funny 4