Sign in to follow this  
mfredholm

Old style RTS CV or not?

Old style RTS CV or not?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Old style RTS CV or not?

• Yes, I prefer to play CV the way it used to be.
    • No, I prefer to play CV the way it is as of 0.8.0
    • All the same to me...

206 comments in this topic

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 02:21, That_Other_Nid ha scritto:

You apparently have no idea how a business works. Offer to hire a server off them for a few thousand a month and they may consider setting up the game you want on it. Good luck finding anyone who wants to play on it though other than CVs.

I work as a programmer and I have my own company, and I do well thank you.
I think your comment is very funny, as it has have no connection to reality.
Regarless, I am not angry at you.
I just do not understand why you would want to refuse so many people to play the game in they they prefer?

Just played a game, crap and no fun as I espected.
Only 2700 players online!!!
Used to be about 20-30 000 at this time of the day.
Does that not tell WG something?

I see no people online now in the game. should WG rethink?

I jujst played a game as BB, something I have not done for a few years as I am CV main.
Of course I did not have the skills as before, and in that random game was no opposite Cv so I can not speak about that.
Pity, as I wanted to see opposite CV.
Regardless, I want m,y CV play back!

It is horrible!
At the moment, less then 2000 players online because of 0.8.0
I want to play WoWs just as it used to be before 0.8.0

Players
60 posts
4,304 battles

maybe it would make more sense to put together WOWS and WOWP and therefore be able to call in planes from WOWP via consumables just like in warthunder or how it is implemented there.

@mfredholm: that`s quite normal for early morning hours (at least in EU servers). i noticed quite a lot of people online in evening hours, way over 20k. I am curious about summer time though.

i liked old RTS style because it was not in every match and it was a refreshment. Here it could be same if number of CV players will go down. Noticed it went already after the hotfix. good.

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
12 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

maybe it would make more sense to put together WOWS and WOWP and therefore be able to call in planes from WOWP via consumables just like in warthunder or how it is implemented there.

@mfredholm: that`s quite normal for early morning hours (at least in EU servers). i noticed quite a lot of people online in evening hours, way over 20k. I am curious about summer time though.

i liked old RTS style because it was not in every match and it was a refreshment. Here it could be same if number of CV players will go down. Noticed it went already after the hotfix. good.

The point is that we we/me do not want to play WoWp.
No, I have been playing WG since 2012 and such low numbers in early morning is not normal..
About summer we still have to see.
But it does at the moment noy look so good...
Apart from that I am not sure I will continue as WG took away my CV experience.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles

Bruh....do you not sleep?

• Bad 1

Players
15 posts
11,031 battles
8 hours ago, That_Other_Nid said:

The old CV format was cancer and the 2% of people that played it were self aggrandising little sheets who should all have been taken out and shot.

The new format is a lot more interesting for casual players, and will eventually be a vast improvement. Even now when there is 1 CV per team it is better.  The objective was to increase the number of CV players and that has happened, possibly temporarily, possibly not. Balancing the game for 2x T10s is going to be difficult, and I think not worth the trouble. Limiting CVs to 1 over T8 should do as a solution. 

Ideally we want what the player base has always wanted 2 tier splits rather than 3 and T10 being it's own tier. 

Let me guess: you NEVER learned how to dodge torpedoes from planes and therefore you call them cancer......

You act like the kiddo's in WoT who never learned how to duck when Artillery was in game BEFORE it got nerfed by WG (stunning them, rather doing damage).

Thanks to cry babies like yourself, playing egoistic for their own stats rather for the team effort, each game (not only WG's games) gets nerfed and dies.......

Have fun and enjoy the moment.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles
12 hours ago, mfredholm said:

I would like to know how many of you that prefer the old style RTS mode CV play compared to now?
I also would like an answer from Mr. Conway if there is a chance of rollback to before 0.8.0 or if there might be a plan for a version where we that like the old CV can play just as before?
My questions is not harsh in anyway, just contructive for thouse of us that do not like the new verion, and I think there are many of us.
Please do not use profanities or similar in this thred as then it will just be closed.
However, that does not restrict you from expressing your own opinion and say what you really think.
I personally prefered the old version of CV play and I myself will find another game to play if I can not play WoWs here in the way I signed up for.
Remember that it is there right to do what ever they want with their own game, even if it might not be want you/me prefer. 

I appreciate the passion and the sentiment, but I am afraid that there is no chance of us rolling back to RTS. We will continue improving and tweaking the new system - it is here to stay.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
15 minutes ago, VenividiviciNL said:

You act like the kiddo's in WoT who never learned how to duck when Artillery was in game BEFORE it got nerfed by WG (stunning them, rather doing damage).

Thanks to cry babies like yourself, playing egoistic for their own stats rather for the team effort, each game (not only WG's games) gets nerfed and dies.......

It''s true....just like someone said with the heavy sniper rifles or other measures forcing campers to move, arced artillery fire to force campers to move, CV in our game to force campers to move.....

Most complainers just lack skills - they are campers - and hate being forced to fight at more even odds. And you are right it will ruiin the game if they get their way and are allowed to cower and not support their team.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
3,964 posts
4,406 battles

I like playing the new style CVs. The old style just didn't appeal to me at all. Tried it, "duh" and left it.

But I liked WoWP... just the targets weren't quite.. ehhh.. 'alive'. And now we have TWELVE of them. Great! :Smile_trollface:

I do not mind CVs being in game (and I think we should get subs, someday, too...).

Of course it is a mess at the moment - but I think/expect WG to be able to work it out. 

That will be a while though... so I did order a large truck of salt. :fish_nerv:

• Funny 3

Players
15 posts
11,031 battles
15 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I appreciate the passion and the sentiment, but I am afraid that there is no chance of us rolling back to RTS. We will continue improving and tweaking the new system - it is here to stay.

@MrConway,

Have you read my posting related to the compensation of the new Tier X Midway? I still see no reaction or FREE XP contribution from WG for that matter....

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles
29 minutes ago, VenividiviciNL said:

@MrConway,

Have you read my posting related to the compensation of the new Tier X Midway? I still see no reaction or FREE XP contribution from WG for that matter....

No, you are using the @ feature incorrectly. It needs to be highlighted for me to get a notification - like @VenividiviciNL

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, VenividiviciNL sagte:

@MrConway,

The following is mentioned in the patchnotes https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/#new-carriers

Zitat

Please note that compensation in free experience can only be received once and only for aircraft carriers researched before Update 0.8.0.

Which should have also been visible in the UI when the XP to be refunded had a grey star for regular XP and not a yellow star for Free XP.

It is therefore not a mistake that you got the XP on the T1 ship and not as Free XP.

• Bad 1

Players
15 posts
11,031 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The following is mentioned in the patchnotes https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-080-takeoff/#new-carriers

Which should have also been visible in the UI when the XP to be refunded had a grey star for regular XP and not a yellow star for Free XP.

It is therefore not a mistake that you got the XP on the T1 ship and not as Free XP.

@Commander_Cornflakes,

It seems I have not read the relevant article well enough, so me to blame as such.

The rules for compensating aircraft carriers are intended to ensure the maximum advantage to players, and the general principle is really simple: you gain an advantage rather than lose something. Players who have Tier VI–X aircraft carriers already researched and available will get aircraft carriers of even tiers at the new cost, full compensation in credits for uneven tier aircraft carriers, and Free XP equal to the amount spent on researching the modules of aircraft carriers of uneven tiers. Besides this, players will receive the difference between the cost of researching the old aircraft carriers of even and uneven tiers, and of a new aircraft carrier of an even tier.

However, take this in consideration:

I spent 330,000 FREE XP from the oneven tier CV's on the new tier X CV and in order to get my FREE XP and credit compensation I HAVE to sell from TOP to BOTTOM (starting at tier X). At least had given a clear warning ingame (not the grey star) that compensation was not applicable, before I bought the new tier X CV (like you give a warning when demounting modules for gold). Otherwise I would NEVER have bought the tier X CV at the first place.

The exchange can be carried out strictly from high-tiered ships downwards. E.g., you cannot convert Ranger without converting Midway and Lexington first.

Your answer is correct in relationship to the article, but it is not the first time that your information is scrapwise, meaning we have to put all the pieces together on a right manner.

I am not exploiting the situation to get my compensation, but the CV reworks has cost me 4 oneven tiered CV's of the 8 (4 USN + 4 IJN) I had and you gave me 4 unwanted CV's back, together with the one I bought to my stupidity to try it out.

All I see from your side, is the conclusion that it is my own complete mistake which lead to this situation, whereas I have an other opinion. I know from first hand that I am not the only one who has been victim of this situation.

Wargaming has made a decision which lead to a CV Rework, but do NOT make your customers victims of wrong decisions, based upon your illogical placed information. Act under good "parenthood" in godsake.

Looking forward to a reconsideration from your side.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, VenividiviciNL sagte:

Looking forward to a reconsideration from your side.

Unfortunately, I'm a player just like you for that matter. The only ones that can help you with something like this are the guys from customer service. Just make a new ticket (with these new information in mind) and ask nicely; saying this is all I can do for you.

EDIT: About pinging other members: Press @, then start typing the name and click the name in the list that appears. Then the name should get a blue background like this @VenividiviciNL and only then the member will receive a message about the ping.

• Cool 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
3 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

He is probably No Russian......not even be in that impressive Sint Petersburg office in the vid presentations where stuff is programmed and/or decided.

So what can he do, other then "communications" or "PR" work ? But he is very silent, just as WG is.....i think WG may not enjoy the reaction of the players on their rework either. In my country there is a saying "Who gets shaved, better sit still"

WG has never been from Leningrad in RUS, I have no idea of why people think so...
WG is from and was originally created in Belarus and lately resisde in Cyprus economically...

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
4 hours ago, domen3 said:

Bruh....do you not sleep?

I do not like you. You complain about me even if I try to do good and be fair.
That in it self is not serious behaviour for the community. (((

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
12 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

WG has never been from Leningrad in RUS, I have no idea of why people think so...
WG is from and was originally created in Belarus and lately resisde in Cyprus economically...

Uhm, wasn't that part of the Soviet Union previously ? Do they speak Russian or a very similar, derived from it language ? Then its Russian (enough) to me...ask any American, they will agree :-)))

I still have trouble understanding where was Prussia, part of the Teutonic order lands and is now other countries. Poland likewise.....Borders seem to have shifted a lot in history, and probably always will. Former countries that were the Soviet Union, but not the Russian Federation...very complicated :-)

• Cool 2

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
3 hours ago, VenividiviciNL said:

Let me guess: you NEVER learned how to dodge torpedoes from planes and therefore you call them cancer......

Have fun and enjoy the moment.

Thx for your compliments )))
To answer your statement; I am opposite every single statement you made.

[BAD-A]
Players
14 posts
5,407 battles
14 hours ago, mfredholm said:

I agree with you.
Yes, I would also like it in co-op, even if I prefered ranked.
For me it is not the same game anymore. People who play otherships still play more or less the same way as before. We who are CV players got a arcade shoot puff puff game.
All the tactic, strategy are no longer there, not to mention naggy and sneaky DDs that used to be a fun part of the game for CVs (((

Agreed, both old and new style CVs are viable and should be in the game for people to enjoy. Not in randoms, not in ranked and not in CB. There is no reason they shouldn't be in operations and co-op, however I think they simply upset the balance too much in the modes previously mentioned, perhaps even as much as to be irreconcilable no matter how much 'tweaking' is done. 

• Cool 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 10:33, MrConway ha scritto:

Thank you for your answer.
And is there a chance for me and the likes to get old style RTS CV in a legends version or is the RTS 100% dead?

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 13:50, Beastofwar ha scritto:

Uhm, wasn't that part of the Soviet Union previously ? Do they speak Russian or a very similar, derived from it language ? Then its Russian (enough) to me...ask any American, they will agree :-)))

I still have trouble understanding where was Prussia, part of the Teutonic order lands and is now other countries. Poland likewise.....Borders seem to have shifted a lot in history, and probably always will. Former countries that were the Soviet Union, but not the Russian Federation...very complicated :-)

Yes they was part of the CCCP.
They also have own language that is Belarus, but few speak it and russian is most widely spoken.
However a person from their capital Minsk would feel very insulted if you compare them to CCCP Leningrad. Fact is that most pleople in Belarus have never been outsifr thir own borders.
I say so having knowledge living together with a Belarus woman for 5 years.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,706 posts
2,730 battles
27 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

Thank you for your answer.
And is there a chance for me and the likes to get old style RTS CV in a legends version or is the RTS 100% dead?

IF the Legends team decides to implement CVs, I would expect it to be similar to the new version, not the old one.

For more information we'll need to poke @T33kanne :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles

MrConway:
I have understood that me and others that agree with me will not get old style back.
Can we get old style RTS CV play back in a version of Legends or any other way?
I am CV fanatic and do not want to give up us you can see...
AT same time I am happy for the the people that got what they want.
As I can see it most people want to continue to play old RTS CV style so surely there is money in that genre for WG, please think about that fast before you loose all players for good.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles
38 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

I do not like you. You complain about me even if I try to do good and be fair.
That in it self is not serious behaviour for the community. (((

Damn....somebody does not know humor....better keep my distance then or risk accidentally hurting you

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 14:23, MrConway ha scritto:

IF the Legends team decides to implement CVs, I would expect it to be similar to the new version, not the old one.

Thank you for that information. )))
We old style people now know who we have to nag for our good old CV.

It is good for WG to retain all of us old time CV players.
Economically and PR will be good as then you take care of your good ole paying costomers, and ther are as you know many of us.
Now we know we shoud direct our nagging for our will to @T33kanne
Hopefully that will result in something we old style CV players are comfortable tith.

MrConway: Your last answer made it so much more simple for people like me.
For future: Do just that and tell your player base how it is going to be.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

But guys who will you attack in old skool CV's in a old skool subversion of the game ?? Bots ???

Surely there will be a large deficit in players in DD, CC/CL and BB players that want to leave the main game for this.  Certainly not with their AA buffed and CV accuracy and damage nerfed. Complaining as they are, i expect most to stick with the programme.

Or do you want CV vs CV battles ? Could be fun...but for a company to invest in this.....

• Boring 1

[AXIS]
Players
71 posts
2,480 battles

I prefered 1000 times the old CV gameplay. More interesting gameplay. I almost fell in sleep while I was playing the current CV gameplay :d

To be honnest, I played only 1 day after the patch. Then ... bye bye. The rest of my fleet is only playing ranked and I think the majority of people are only doing it.

I keep my game installed atm but not sure at all if I'll continue. And same thing for lot of players on different servers.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this