Sign in to follow this  
mfredholm

Old style RTS CV or not?

Old style RTS CV or not?  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Old style RTS CV or not?

• Yes, I prefer to play CV the way it used to be.
    • No, I prefer to play CV the way it is as of 0.8.0
    • All the same to me...

206 comments in this topic

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles

I would like to know how many of you that prefer the old style RTS mode CV play compared to now?
I also would like an answer from Mr. Conway if there is a chance of rollback to before 0.8.0 or if there might be a plan for a version where we that like the old CV can play just as before?
My questions is not harsh in anyway, just contructive for thouse of us that do not like the new verion, and I think there are many of us.
Please do not use profanities or similar in this thred as then it will just be closed.
However, that does not restrict you from expressing your own opinion and say what you really think.
I personally prefered the old version of CV play and I myself will find another game to play if I can not play WoWs here in the way I signed up for.
Remember that it is there right to do what ever they want with their own game, even if it might not be want you/me prefer. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles

I see few people want to vote.
Still 50/50 but that means nothing as to few voters...
Make your opinion value, VOTE!

Players
126 posts
7,665 battles

Well, I think after this weekend I will quit the game.

Will talk to my clan first.

I was a former main-CV player.

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles

I prefer the new CVs...I find their playstyle much more enjoyable as it's no longer a 1 vs 1 battle. New CVs imo have much more potential for improvement than the old ones due to having more tweakable parameters. That being said, WG being WG as usual didn't listen to feedback (while claiming that they have) and released the update 1 month too soon, which is why we're facing the current CV problems.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 7/2/2019 alle 22:50, Generalisator ha scritto:

Well, I think after this weekend I will quit the game.

I was a former main-CV player.

Unfortunatly many already have.
Personally I do not think there will be possebility to play for us as we used to. However that should not hinder WG to make a old style CV play possible, maybe in a WoWs  old style playing version.

Alle 7/2/2019 alle 22:51, domen3 ha scritto:

I prefer the new CVs...I find their playstyle much more enjoyable as it's no longer a 1 vs 1 battle. New CVs imo have much more potential for improvement than the old ones due to having more tweakable parameters. That being said, WG being WG as usually didn't listen to feedback (while claiming they have) and released the update 1 month too soon, which is why we're facing the current CV problems.

That is perfectly well that you have that opinion.
Personally I feel that they changed the way of how one used to play CV to much. It is not the same game for me, and many other I suspect.
However, I do respect that some people like yourself prefer the 3D arcade playing style of CV.
I would not have to much hope in the tweeking as it has beeing going on from the relese of the game almost 4 years ago.

Alle 7/2/2019 alle 22:54, southjn ha scritto:

I actually got rid of all my CVs due to how terrible the new system is 

Well, that is part of why I posted this thred.
Not that I think it will do any good, but one can still hope they will make it possible for us who like the old CV style to be able to play it. That beeing in some form of WG Legends version.

[T-W-D]
Beta Tester
89 posts
12,492 battles
11 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

Well, that is part of why I posted this thred.
Not that I think it will do any good, but one can still hope they will make it possible for us who like the old CV style to be able to play it. That beeing in some form of WG Legends version.

I'd be happy to play the 'proper' CV old system just in co-op and operations. 

I have tried to get on with the new but every game I feel like quitting before the end.  I very much dislike it.

• Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
28 minutes ago, domen3 said:

I prefer the new CVs...I find their playstyle much more enjoyable as it's no longer a 1 vs 1 battle. New CVs imo have much more potential for improvement than the old ones due to having more tweakable parameters. That being said, WG being WG as usual didn't listen to feedback (while claiming they have) and released the update 1 month too soon, which is why we're facing the current CV problems.

Spot on 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 7/2/2019 alle 23:15, King_Khazi ha scritto:

I'd be happy to play the 'proper' CV old system just in co-op and operations. 

I have tried to get on with the new but every game I feel like quitting before the end.  I very much dislike it.

I agree with you.
Yes, I would also like it in co-op, even if I prefered ranked.
For me it is not the same game anymore. People who play otherships still play more or less the same way as before. We who are CV players got a arcade shoot puff puff game.
All the tactic, strategy are no longer there, not to mention naggy and sneaky DDs that used to be a fun part of the game for CVs (((

Alle 7/2/2019 alle 23:19, HellsingCross ha scritto:

In the state CVs are at the moment, id say rollback to old proper CV gameplay. Which was working properly.

WoWs have been tweeking the game from the start many years ago.
I would not expect a quick fix in a near future due to the complicity.
So I am for a rollback. Or separate into 2 games, RTS style and 3d arcade style for the people that like that.

Alle 7/2/2019 alle 23:19, HellsingCross ha scritto:

In the state CVs are at the moment, id say rollback to old proper CV gameplay. Which was working properly.

Yes, and then split it into 2 separate games so the people that like CV 3D arcade mode will also be happy.
We who like old style CV should get old style CV Legends, that way WG would keep us as paying players.

It is starting to clearyfy what people actually want and prefer.
However with so few votes it does not matter much.

Not many, but many more defending the 0.8.0 then I expected.
However, to my defense I will say that many old style CV players have already left.

• Cool 2

Players
69 posts

I'm one of the people who WG are trying to Target with this, I never played CV`s as I didn't like the RTS style, and to be honest I was beginning to enjoy the CV`s (only up to tier 6 so far).

It did screw up my DD`s and I was a DD main, but only played a couple of times due to the permanent spotting. Unfortunately this hotfix has managed to kill the CV gameplay as well.

Ryujo was unplayable my torps were all over the place (think I might have shot down my own squadron with them 😂), can't get near anything with bombers so it's back to buzzing DD`s with the rockets, so nothing sorted and nobody happy. If T10CV`s were OP then Nerf them but not this blanket approach, all it means is AA cruisers every game.

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
2 minutes ago, sneakyscotsman said:

I'm one of the people who WG are trying to Target with this, I never played CV`s as I didn't like the RTS style, and to be honest I was beginning to enjoy the CV`s (only up to tier 6 so far).

It did screw up my DD`s and I was a DD main, but only played a couple of times due to the permanent spotting. Unfortunately this hotfix has managed to kill the CV gameplay as well.

Ryujo was unplayable my torps were all over the place (think I might have shot down my own squadron with them 😂), can't get near anything with bombers so it's back to buzzing DD`s with the rockets, so nothing sorted and nobody happy. If T10CV`s were OP then Nerf them but not this blanket approach, all it means is AA cruisers every game.

That is part of the problem...
Some like arcade style playing of the CV as you and as I think, most here, prefer the old RTS style of playing CV.
Do you have a solution to the problem that currently most want to go back to the way it used to played as CV?

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

No rollback for me......before the changes i thought "why change something that works well" and didn't look forward to changes. Unlimited aircraft ? Carriers do not have that....operating only 1 squadron ? Didn't like that much either  But now it's here i like it, except the panicked nerfing.

I was competent enough at RTS CV to have fun with them, didnt play them exclusively though. Had them in port through the PEF mission grind and grind to aquire the Musashi (coal) before removed. And i got the Nelson too as a side effect of grinding. The XP and credits were always more mediocre in my tech tree CV then my premium ships so in port they stayed yeeeehaa.

But i seem able to adapt, certainly like the new visuals and effect. Compared to the old situation it is indeed more action orientated.

I do hate the panicked nerfing though.....having to re-discover how things must be done over and over again.

• Cool 1

Players
69 posts
4 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

That is part of the problem...
Some like arcade style playing of the CV as you and as I think, most here, prefer the old RTS style of playing CV.
Do you have a solution to the problem that currently most want to go back to the way it used to played as CV?

Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution as they are 2 completely different game styles and and you either like one or the other. WG will not go back on this rework anyway in my opinion, but the hotfix is pleasing nobody.

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 00:13, Beastofwar ha scritto:

No rollback for me......before the changes i thought "why change something that works well" and didn't look forward to changes. Unlimited aircraft ? Carriers do not have that....operating only 1 squadron ? Didn't like that much either  But now it's here i like it, except the panicked nerfing.

I was competent enough at RTS CV to have fun with them, didnt play them exclusively though. Had them in port through the PEF mission grind and grind to aquire the Musashi (coal) before removed. And i got the Nelson too as a side effect of grinding.

But i seem able to adapt, certainly like the new visuals and effect. Compared to the old situation it is indeed more action orientated. And when fully discovered what i can do ( such as mouse aiming doesn't widen torpedo aiming ) i can increasingly do damage again.

I do hate the panicked nerfing though.....having te re-discover how things must be done over and over again.

I am happy for you that the game evelopes in your direction, for you.
But me and many other really liked the old CV play and the way it was.
I personally never felt good in playing DDs or Cruicers, I went for the BB in the beginning. Last couple of years I have developed love for the "old" CV game.
I am not alone in that, so I suggest a split in between the 3D arcade CV gamers and the RTS CV player, what do you think?

Alle 8/2/2019 alle 00:16, sneakyscotsman ha scritto:

Unfortunately I don't think there is a solution as they are 2 completely different game styles and and you either like one or the other. WG will not go back on this rework anyway in my opinion, but the hotfix is pleasing nobody.

True, but they can make a RTS style CV play Legends as they do with many other versions.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
1 minute ago, mfredholm said:

I am happy for you that the game evelopes in your direction, for you.
But me and many other really liked the old CV play and the way it was.
I personally never felt good in playing DDs or Cruicers, I went for the BB in the beginning. Last couple of years I have developed love for the "old" CV game.
I am not alone in that, so I suggest a split in between the 3D arcade CV gamers and the RTS CV player, what do you think?

I am sorry for what you have lost, but i am not the one responsible.I didn't want it either but when forced upon me i found new joy in it.

There simply isn''t a choice either. This is what we got, and with the UK CV introduction and missions/campaign/sales/lootboxes built around it i do not even doubt that back rolling will never happen. Just wish they wouldn't panick-nerf but UK CV event won't probably have no reducing effect on the amount of players using them untill that event is over. So nerfing maybe temporary but nescesary before everone else leaves the game.

• Funny 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles

I see far less people beeing connected to the EU game server now.
Do you see and feel the same?

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I am sorry for what you have lost, but i am not the one responsible.I didn't want it either but when forced upon me i found new joy in it.

There simply isn''t a choice either. This is what we got, and with the UK CV introduction and missions/campaign/sales/lootboxes built around it i do not even doubt that back rolling will never happen. Just wish they wouldn't panick-nerf but UK CV event won't probably have no reducing effect on the amount of players using them untill that event is over. So nerfing maybe temporary but nescesary before everone else leaves the game.

No need to feel sorry for me, I will find where I want to play...
I just think it is very sad if WG will thorow away all the time and money I have invested in this game.
About the UK CV I can not comment as I have never see one. Especially as me and all the 40 in my clan now not want to play the way it is now.
Have you, Just as me see a decline in people active on the game server?

Players
719 posts
8,442 battles

The old CV format was cancer and the 2% of people that played it were self aggrandising little sheets who should all have been taken out and shot.

The new format is a lot more interesting for casual players, and will eventually be a vast improvement. Even now when there is 1 CV per team it is better.  The objective was to increase the number of CV players and that has happened, possibly temporarily, possibly not. Balancing the game for 2x T10s is going to be difficult, and I think not worth the trouble. Limiting CVs to 1 over T8 should do as a solution. 

Ideally we want what the player base has always wanted 2 tier splits rather than 3 and T10 being it's own tier. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
2 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

The old CV format was cancer and the 2% of people that played it were self aggrandising little sheets who should all have been taken out and shot.

The new format is a lot more interesting for casual players, and will eventually be a vast improvement. Even now when there is 1 CV per team it is better.  The objective was to increase the number of CV players and that has happened, possibly temporarily, possibly not. Balancing the game for 2x T10s is going to be difficult, and I think not worth the trouble. Limiting CVs to 1 over T8 should do as a solution. 

Ideally we want what the player base has always wanted 2 tier splits rather than 3 and T10 being it's own tier. 

I respect your personal opinion in favor of Arcade game, but like most others I do not agree with you.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,213 posts
15 minutes ago, mfredholm said:

The old style CV play is now winning in the poll.
But not by much, so it really does not matter all that much.

33 votes are not a representitive number for the community. Even more so as the users voting are not really random and coming themself from the limited user group that is the forumites.

As a side note. Stop spamming the link to this thread.

Apparently the message was recieved.

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 01:40, Egoleter ha scritto:

33 votes are not a representitive number for the community. Even more so as the users voting are not really random and coming themself from the limited user group that is the forumites.

As a side note. Stop spamming the link to this thread.

I agree with you, and that is why I wrote that the numbers really do not show or prove anything.
I want hundreds, and that I can state more securely about the poll.
However, in general I have just read bad about the 0.8.0 here om the forum.
And also you must admit that it is a fact.
At the same time, if we would believe my "poll", more and more people are adapting to 0.8.0 game play.
At the same time MANY have left as I see from active players at the EU sever.
I am not looking for confrontation with you, if you want 3D arcade play for CV that is ok with me.
I am trying to protect what is how I, and many with me, want to play CV.

Do you who like the new style CV play also defend and think that all of us who liked the old should have a WoWs Legends of our own?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts

Old style system was flawed and the Graf Zepplin was a seriously over powered joke.  New system though is far far worse - the new patch has improved things slightly for DDs, but for BBs it's still just as bad.

• Cool 1

Players
719 posts
8,442 battles
19 hours ago, mfredholm said:

Do you who like the new style CV play also defend and think that all of us who liked the old should have a WoWs Legends of our own?

You apparently have no idea how a business works. Offer to hire a server off them for a few thousand a month and they may consider setting up the game you want on it. Good luck finding anyone who wants to play on it though other than CVs.

• Funny 1

[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
6 minutes ago, dapprman said:

Old style system was flawed and the Graf Zepplin was a seriously over powered joke.  New system though is far far worse - the new patch has improved things slightly for DDs, but for BBs it's still just as bad.

Yes, the Graf Z could go in with just a couple of dive bombers a delete a BB from the map.
Even with that in mind I personally want to go back to the old way of playing CV.
I have no problems with WoWs tweeking, just do not chage the game play and how we copntrol CVs.

Sign in to follow this