You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

70 air kills in a Repu...without AA build

94 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
527 posts

An image say more then 1000 words...

PS - with an non AA build, expecting no cv in-game (random);

To add the cherry on top of the cake, my only kill was an...cv. 

Poor guy tried to ram me, but Repu can go turbo - and I just run away of him.

I have the replay also, but since I have the screen shots...

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.07 - 18.17.38.21.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.07 - 18.17.32.58.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2019.02.07 - 18.46.15.54.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[4_0_4]
Players
5,696 posts
11,885 battles

If someone collects all the black puffs along the way, any ship becomes a plane shredder.

• Cool 6
  • Bad 2

Beta Tester
5 posts
739 battles

AA is now ridiculously overpowered: If you're bottom tier as a CV, your contribution will be negligable barring any lone BB's with broken AA. Good luck finding those.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,914 posts
9,576 battles

I hate to suggest that WGs dev methodology is in any way faulty, but they could have just changed the F key system and seen it play out for ten minutes or so before doing anything else. Maybe Haku's torps could have been fixed to stop the torp soup, and that would have been enough for this week. Instead we get All The Changes. 

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,196 battles

Wasn't there a screenshot somewhere that showed a Hatsu with ~60 plane kills even pre 0.8.0.1?

Potatoes will potate.

• Cool 2

[SEN]
Players
527 posts

In-game, on that particular match, I was sprinting with turbo and I end-up right between 2 carriers - one at some 2 km (before I kill him) other at some 7km ; Both send planes at me, I manage only to kill one and the game ended before 2 kill other; but fact is, those 70 kills are from 2 COMBINED cv.s.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,307 battles
38 minutes ago, Zemeritt said:

If someone collects all the black puffs along the way, any ship becomes a plane shredder.

With the hotfix, who cares about the flak bursts?

Inside the Republique's "medium" range you do a metric ton of continuous damage that's unavoidable. WG shifted AA from "useless unless flying into flak" to "just try to get near the medium aura, I dare you".

• Cool 6

[LAWS]
Beta Tester
233 posts
7,850 battles
47 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I hate to suggest that WGs dev methodology is in any way faulty, but they could have just changed the F key system and seen it play out for ten minutes or so before doing anything else. Maybe Haku's torps could have been fixed to stop the torp soup, and that would have been enough for this week. Instead we get All The Changes. 

My Saipan is being deplaned more or less every game since the hotfix and I'm technically a unicum in it...this result does not surprise me sadly

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

They did the whole thing wrong way around. They should of make flak damage stronger, continuos damage weaker and this way make skill count for survivability. Now with continuous damage it really doesn't matter how you even play the whole game, all your planes will die anyway with zero skill involved.

• Cool 6

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
7 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

They should of make flak damage stronger, continuos damage weaker and this way make skill count for survivability.

So that bad players still have no chance, better: even lesser chances and decent players, that know how to dodge, can get away unharmed. Nah, you are 180° wrong on this one. WG is actually right with the shift towards continous damage.

[BBMM]
Players
3,724 posts
4,062 battles
1 minute ago, Kenliero said:

They did the whole thing wrong way around. They should of make flak damage stronger, continuos damage weaker and this way make skill count for survivability. Now with continuous damage it really doesn't matter how you even play the whole game, all your planes will die anyway with zero skill involved.

Yes, somehow they used the nerfhammer and even though it is big enough they missed the target.

BUT NO WORRY. Everything has a bright side:

AT LEAST they have understood there's a problem. :cap_like:

Something that takes other companies a year (if ever). :Smile_trollface:

r1115990_13612938.JPG

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

So that bad players still have no chance, better: even lesser chances and decent players, that know how to dodge, can get away unharmed. Nah, you are 180° wrong on this one. WG is actually right with the crap towards continous damage.

Lol. You think that with current model bad players survive when even unicums die right away? With my model at least you have a chance

• Cool 1

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
1 minute ago, Kenliero said:

Lol. You think that with current model bad players survive when even unicums die right away? With my model at least you have a chance

What chance??? The Planes are dead before they attack with strong flak. With continous damage, they´ll atleast get their payload off and actually deal some damage. So which one is better : deplaned and 0 damage or deplaned and 25k dmg. We need to decrease skillgap, not increase it. Its actually one of the original goals of WG (look it up in the devs blog) and by the looks of it, they share the view of things with me?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

What chance??? The Planes are dead before they attack with strong flak. With continous damage, they´ll atleast get their payload off and actually deal some damage. So which one is better : deplaned and 0 damage or deplaned and 25k dmg. We need to decrease skillgap, not increase it. Its actually one of the original goals of WG (look it up in the devs blog) and by the looks of it, they share the view of things with me?

Ah look who is here. How many CV games do you have? 0? Yes you must be a good person to ask

• Cool 1

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Ah look who is here. How many CV games do you have? 0? Yes you must be a good person to ask

Just FYI: (not that it matters) you are wrong. But that might be too hard for you to gasp :cap_tea:

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

You can use WASD to dodge flak and all damage, but you have no way to dodge continuous damage. When you apply enough flaks, you are guaranteed to take at least some damage, depending on how well you dodge. bad player take a lot and can drop maybe once, good players very little, can drop maybe 2-3 times.... but when balanced everyone gets a chance to drops, bad players just need to select easier targets and do less drops. Skill matters, everyone gets to drop bombs, everyone is happy.

BUT.... This is what continuous damage is: Your BB shoot another BB from 20km, 2 shells hit... it will make 10 000 damage... next time no shells hit at all.. it still makes 10 000 damage... Because it is set in continuous damage... This is exactly what continuous damage is. None of your skills matter when you do the drop. it will always do that same damage nevertheless. There is simply no point in even playing the whole game if you can not have any effect on how fast your planes die.

Also, when you balance continuous damage in T10 game. T8 carriers get rekt 100% of the time and you can do nothing, but with challenging flaks, T8 could still do something in T10...

SKILL HAS TO MATTER at least something. Now it matter absolutely nothing with continuous damage.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Players
5,900 posts
7,187 battles
2 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

SKILL HAS TO MATTER at least something. Now it matter absolutely nothing with continuous damage.

Skill does still matter, even when there is more continous damage...

Bad players dont need continous damage at all, they fly into the flak bursts and die even faster. You want to punish them even more, and skilled players less. Skilled players only die to continous DPS, not to flak bursts. If its only about skill, then i want 2 players on my ship: one is firing the guns, the other is commanding the flak, so that the Unicum CV player has a harder time dodging :cap_rambo: Why should AA only be dependant on how good or bad the CV player is who is targeting me? With your proposal, Unicum CVs can rape anything at will.

• Cool 4

Players
4,128 posts
7,634 battles
2 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

You can use WASD to dodge flak and all damage, but you have no way to dodge continuous damage.

No s....

3 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

bad players just need to select easier targets and do less drops.

If they would know what targets to select and how to drop - they wouldnt be bad players.

3 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

BUT.... This is what continuous damage is: Your BB shoot another BB from 20km, 2 shells hit... it will make 10 000 damage... next time no shells hit at all.. it still makes 10 000 damage... Because it is set in continuous damage... This is exactly what continuous damage is. None of your skills matter when you do the drop. it will always do that same damage nevertheless. There is simply no point in even playing the whole game if you can not have any effect on how fast your planes die. 

Last time I checked, continous damage is still a small part compared to flak... so you example is totaly polemic and wrong. You could argue, that a BB would deal 2k damage, even if he misses, that would be a closer comparision. Please, if you want to discuss, be reasonable.

4 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

Not true, because then we would see every CV player do equally. Which isnt the case. btw: the entire thing, you are talking about, comes from the changes with the F-mechanic. The solution is easy: dont F your planes while beeing in AA-range.

There are only a few people, that are on my list of reasonable guys, which I take by their word, on what they write. Here is one of them:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[RO-RN]
Players
520 posts
6,820 battles

GOOD! ARTAV2 got nerfed and it got what it deserve! WHAT? does it sound balance to you farming damage from all posible ranges with no penalties while sitting in the back? because for the WOT players it doesnt! so why have mercy for these new kind CVS? i had mercy when they where RTS, when it was about skill and protecting your teammates and when ships like worcester, des moines and minotaur meant no fly zones! But now i hate them and the 95% player base does too! Matches fell way better without them, you cant deny that!

• Bad 3

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,766 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Just FYI: (not that it matters) you are wrong. But that might be too hard for you to gasp :cap_tea:

Hmm that’s what your stats say and what your comments about these CV and AA topics here suggest quite frankly.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Last time I checked, continous damage is still a small part compared to flak... so you example is totaly polemic and wrong. You could argue, that a BB would deal 2k damage, even if he misses, that would be a closer comparision. Please, if you want to discuss, be reasonable.

Not true, because then we would see every CV player do equally. Which isnt the case. btw: the entire thing, you are talking about, comes from the changes with the F-mechanic. The solution is easy: dont F your planes while beeing in AA-range.

There are only a few people, that are on my list of reasonable guys, which I take by their word, on what they write. Here is one of them:

You haven't played any CV's have you?

Continuous damage is NOT small part compared to flak. It is THE MAIN damage and it ALONE kills all your planes at the moment. You don't have to hit a single flak. Yes, AA is THAT overpowered now. You can dodge all flaks and you still won't survive.

The difference in skill at the moment is that bad players hover around inside continuous damage for longer times and sometimes die even without first drop because damage is too excessive in CONTINUOUS damage, but there is no way to avoid damage to make like 2-3 drops. F-mechanic has nothing to do with any of this. Your planes are not alive for you to press F because of too hard continuous damage. You have watched too many Haku videos if you think that other carriers can just keep dropping many times in the current patch.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Players
2,152 posts
13,836 battles

The main issue is that WG balanced with a sledgehammer again, the only balancing they know:

- people were abusing F-key (and yes, abuse is the correct word): so they bring it up to a staggering 10 sec. They could have gone with a smaller increase,

- the flak is the only skill factor to CV, dodge them and you could get away without plane losses (in combination with F-key). Bad players couldn't dodge them and instantly lost all planes. This is called a skill gap (something they, may I remind you, disliked about the old CVs) and it was huge. So they tried to solve this by increasing permanent damage and lower flak damage. The only downside is that BBs allready had artificially high values (yes, I consider BBs getting a serious buff in AA) in comparison to cruisers. And with this hotfix this balance got even more skewed. Solution: make a clear distinction between AA cruisers/DDs (if you insist) and non AA cruisers and BBs. The latter shouldn't be able to murder planes as they do now with their permanent DPS.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,756 posts
8,822 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Bad players dont need continous damage at all, they fly into the flak bursts and die even faster. You want to punish them even more, and skilled players less. Skilled players only die to continous DPS, not to flak bursts. If its only about skill, then i want 2 players on my ship: one is firing the guns, the other is commanding the flak, so that the Unicum CV player has a harder time dodging :cap_rambo: Why should AA only be dependant on how good or bad the CV player is who is targeting me? With your proposal, Unicum CVs can rape anything at will.

Except the balance since the hotfix is all out of whack. A bad player gets no attacks in and a good player gets one attack in before planes are gone.

The skill ceiling for CVs right now is insanely low.

And just so we're clear, I'm not talking about tier 10 CVs (don't have any), I'm talking about all the others.

Also unless the ships AA is so bad that they only have 2-4 puffs per salvo, you can easily get puffs that planes can't dodge, especially during the attack run.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles
13 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

The balancing needs to be made so that unicum can do 2-3 drops and bad player just one drop. If bad players makes 50k, unicum should make 150k. That sounds like a proper balance. Yes, AA SHOULD be dependant on how good or bad CV player is. You know.... dodging SHOULD matter, just like your shooting should matter. Why do you think only your shooting should matter and dodging doesn't?

• Cool 3