Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Operator_Hoot

Free XP as a Currency.

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
6 posts
5,583 battles

Hi MrConway (or anyone that knows more than me),

 

I'm not sure if you can answer this, but I gotta ask.  Will free XP ever be used as a currency to purchase ships again?  I have acculmulated quite a bit of free XP and am nearing the end of the grind to unlock all the ships in all the trees.  I  reckon I have enough to unlock most of the ships left, but it would wipe me out just in case a ship is released (ahem Alaska) for free XP.  However, as the Kronshtadt & Musashi used to be available for Free XP and have been removed and 'replaced' by Jean Bart & 'soon to be released' Alaska, yet Jean Bart is only available for Coal and I suspect Alaska will be too. 

 

So my question stands, Is Free XP useful for anything except unlocking ships and modules?

 

Thanks in advance.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I401]
Beta Tester
1,111 posts
8,596 battles

Alaska comes with the next patch (i know, i know, famous last words...) costing 1M free xp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTT]
Players
4,453 posts
7,947 battles

Alaska's confirmed as 1.000.000 freeXP indeed, and she's hardly going to be the last...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,240 posts
12,875 battles
30 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Alaska's confirmed as 1.000.000 freeXP indeed, and she's hardly going to be the last...

Well, might be the last for 1.000.000!

 

So, folks, get ready for the bargain!

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
5,583 battles

Ok, so aside from one million that I should keep for Alaska, every else should be ok to spend. 

 

I mean, the only ship the have close to release is Azuma, and I can't see WG giving away 2 free ships that close to each other.  A British Carrier, not when they can make a bucket of money selling Ark Royal for example. 

 

So other than research and Alaska, there is nothing else I'm missing to spend free xp on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
541 posts
1,924 battles
11 minutes ago, Operator_Hoot said:

So other than research and Alaska, there is nothing else I'm missing to spend free xp on?

I would say 19-point captains, but that may just be because I don't have any yet and am a little more fixated on that than the ship grinds :Smile_veryhappy:

 

But in all seriousness, I think one learns far more by playing through a ship than by skipping it with FXP; you actually lose out by skipping whole ships. I'm about to go back to grinding through Omaha for Dallas, so I say that despite the considerable pain that it's about to cause me! However, I see no downside to using FXP to accelerate captain training (or retraining for a new ship) or to skip module grinds, only considerable advantages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
3 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I would say 19-point captains, but that may just be because I don't have any yet and am a little more fixated on that than the ship grinds :Smile_veryhappy:

 

But in all seriousness, I think one learns far more by playing through a ship than by skipping it with FXP; you actually lose out by skipping whole ships. I'm about to go back to grinding through Omaha for Dallas, so I say that despite the considerable pain that it's about to cause me! However, I see no downside to using FXP to accelerate captain training (or retraining for a new ship) or to skip module grinds, only considerable advantages.

Frankly, after playing pretty much all other cruiser line low tiers and Phoenix, I see absolutely 0 reason to play Omaha again (or to have played it in the first place). And it's only thriftiness that kept me from free exping to Pensacola. Similarly, unless its your first BB line, no point in French BBs below Normandie or in ships like Weymouth, Caledon and Danae.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6 posts
5,583 battles
5 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

I would say 19-point captains, but that may just be because I don't have any yet and am a little more fixated on that than the ship grinds :Smile_veryhappy:

 

But in all seriousness, I think one learns far more by playing through a ship than by skipping it with FXP; you actually lose out by skipping whole ships. I'm about to go back to grinding through Omaha for Dallas, so I say that despite the considerable pain that it's about to cause me! However, I see no downside to using FXP to accelerate captain training (or retraining for a new ship) or to skip module grinds, only considerable advantages.

 

 

Thanks m8, I know that FXPing ships is a crap way to advance, but I was literally looking for any other uses for free XP , and I never knew that I could convert free XP to Commander XP too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
541 posts
1,924 battles
3 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Frankly, after playing pretty much all other cruiser line low tiers and Phoenix, I see absolutely 0 reason to play Omaha again (or to have played it in the first place). And it's only thriftiness that kept me from free exping to Pensacola. Similarly, unless its your first BB line, no point in French BBs below Normandie or in ships like Weymouth, Caledon and Danae.

Fair enough – I guess it's just having not that much experience myself that's making me think I'd better do the grind. If I already had every other cruiser line unlocked to, say, T7, I might be singing a different tune. Once I have the Dallas, I'll likely keep the Omaha in case I want to do the CA line at some point... But once I have both Pensa and Dallas, Omaha is getting sold to never darken my port again.

 

(Despite the few games I've played in it, I quite like the Bretagne so far though :Smile_hiding: Each to their own, I suppose).

 

5 minutes ago, Operator_Hoot said:

Thanks m8, I know that FXPing ships is a crap way to advance, but I was literally looking for any other uses for free XP , and I never knew that I could convert free XP to Commander XP too.

No problem! In case you haven't found it yet, click on the commander you want to advance, then click on the little + icon next to his XP bar:

537910460_shot-19_02.08_11_18.33-0506cropped.jpg.bb1d73df8dc857433f422c4394f75a15.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,338 posts
7,329 battles
57 minutes ago, Operator_Hoot said:

So other than research and Alaska, there is nothing else I'm missing to spend free xp on?

Keep in mind there will be new ship lines comming as well. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×