British CVs Arc & Collection

20 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles

Captains,

Please share your feedback regarding the British CV arc and collection here.

Players
5 posts
507 battles
Citation

The new ships are not yet available on the Public Test server, as they are still being adjusted. The entire aircraft carrier type is still being balanced, so the British aircraft carriers you'll see in early access phase might be further adjusted.

Players
5 posts
507 battles

maybe..

because i found that after.. few hours after i asked in a "news" ?

and maybe that can help some other players like me..

but you..

why you talk for no things ? you are useless.. you don't help no body.. *edited*

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

Players
69 posts
Alle 8/2/2019 alle 15:30, Kaal28 ha scritto:

maybe..

because i found that after.. few hours after i asked in a "news" ?

and maybe that can help some other players like me..

but you..

why you talk for no things ? you are useless.. you don't help no body..*edited*

I realise that English is not your first language but i was not reffering to you i was asking why WG want feedback on something that is not available

so if youd like to draw your neck back in (scottish colloquialisms) and stop being abusive it would be much appreciated ...thanks :cap_like:

Players
5 posts
507 battles

sorry :)

okey, i think i can do that ^^

(but your first quote is on my first message so.. not easy to know you don't anwser to me. ^^)

BUT i'm agree with you about the feedback.

(and i stop to post here, without CV i found that "useless" (yes, i like this word xD))

Quality Poster
1,685 posts
8,770 battles

I would have like to be able to unlock at least one RN CV, but as this isn't possible, I can't comment on them.

I haven't even seen one on the PTS, I did see a Sovietsky Soyuz the other day, but only from a distance..

As for the collection, it's nice, but doesn't seem to unlock or do anything, does it give the CVs an additional camo, like some of the campaigns do?
That'd be nice, otherwise it is pretty pointless.

[KMV]
Players
13 posts
4,810 battles

You can gain access to the new ship branch using Crowns and Florins, temporary resources that can be used in the Arsenal. Exchange them on the main server to get the following British aircraft carriers: flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png IV Hermesflag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png VI Furious, and flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png VIII Implacable.

Can anyone explain me this I dont understud how it will work?

[PORT]
Modder
1,711 posts
12,206 battles
On 2/13/2019 at 1:55 PM, Flafy85 said:

You can gain access to the new ship branch using Crowns and Florins, temporary resources that can be used in the Arsenal. Exchange them on the main server to get the following British aircraft carriers: flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png IV Hermesflag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png VI Furious, and flag_United_Kingdom.png elite.png VIII Implacable.

Can anyone explain me this I dont understud how it will work?

On the main server you can exchange these new tokens (grindable through missions) into the upcomming RN-CVs. On the PTS, you cannot.

@ topic:

Well, collection and missions are always nice, but cannot say much as these are so different to the final missions.

Players
69 posts
On 2/10/2019 at 7:09 PM, TheCinC said:

I would have like to be able to unlock at least one RN CV, but as this isn't possible, I can't comment on them.

I haven't even seen one on the PTS, I did see a Sovietsky Soyuz the other day, but only from a distance..

As for the collection, it's nice, but doesn't seem to unlock or do anything, does it give the CVs an additional camo, like some of the campaigns do?
That'd be nice, otherwise it is pretty pointless.

collection just gives the usual alternative cammo for the British line

agreed it would have been nice to been given access to the British CV's so as we could have at least tried them.

[P-M-H]
Players
1 post
6,735 battles
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, MrConway said:

Captains,

i found the cv's to by in the arsenal. BUT after shoping i had british battleships and not CV !!

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Players
11 posts
3,159 battles

Can the dev's please give us a clue how many Crowns or Florins we need to collect to get early access to the British CV's on the main server? Do we need to link our accounts between PT and main servers?

Played a far amount of carriers and they are still getting pawned at all levels of the game squadrons just evaporate. Not sure the engine boost button is working either in combat. I've had to restort to dropping torps at 5km or so from big targets to preserve the planes. Can you change the mechanic if you don't have a full squadron so you can actually put in a full attack group of at least 3 a/c having 2 is just not worth it.

It would also be useful if whilst carrying out an attack the rest of the squadron stayed outside of the flak arc's as you tend after the first attack to re-join you squadron directly above the ship you've just attack not a very good position to attack again from!!! Solving that would go some way to having better carrier game play, as most of my loss in a/c tend to be in re-position from the first strike re-join to the main squadron.

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
516 posts
39 minutes ago, fightsteel said:

Can the dev's please give us a clue how many Crowns or Florins we need to collect to get early access to the British CV's on the main server? Do we need to link our accounts between PT and main servers?

The "early access" they're referring to is the chance during update 0.8.1 (for everyone) to buy the CVs that way, before they become researchable and purchasable the normal way during 0.8.2. However many crowns and florins you earn on the PTS (which could be a lot with the challenge giving you containers for every battle) you would have to earn the purchase price again on the main server, rather than those carrying over between servers. Your PTS account and your account on the main server should already be linked by using the same e-mail address so you can claim (after the release of the update, and via the userbonus page) the rewards earned on the PTS for your main server account.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, MrConway said:

Captains,

And what exactly are we supposed to comment on? :Smile_sceptic:

We get no option to try the CVs and the economy of the arc and collection are going to be completely different on live, so feedback on that is completely useless as well, what with all these containers from that strange challenge that most definitely doesn't seem like it would be making it to live... the only important thing we could comment on are bugs - but for that we have another section. This thread seems completely redundant, doesn't it? :cap_hmm:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles
On 2/17/2019 at 8:22 AM, Plattman said:

i found the cv's to by in the arsenal. BUT after shoping i had british battleships and not CV !!

Correct, due to the ongoing balancing of UK Cvs on the live server, they are not available to test on the test server. The test is for the arc and the mechanics, not the ships.

• Cool 1

[VL-NL]
[VL-NL]
Players
11 posts
3,159 battles

The mechanics for the collection seem to function quite nicely. I did however get a little confused by the colours applied to crowns and florins as to which was the superior currency as typically I would have expected silver colour to be lower value and gold to be high value but other than that it really quite quick for a grind.

I must have opened getting on for nearly 75 containers but didn't get any of the ships that might have been in the containers. Could you give us an idea of the drop rates of the other ships in the containers?