Bug Reports

20 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,701 posts
2,666 battles

Captains,

Please share all bugs encountered in the public test of version 0.8.1 below, using the following template:

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

If possible and relevant, please also provide a replay.

[HEAT]
Players
26 posts
4,092 battles

Research prices need to be fixed ASAP!

Combat missions requires Tier 10 Cruisers and Battleships, but they are at full price in XP, and no ships in Arsenal to buy...

EDIT: Problem Solved

[U-571]
Players
3 posts
7,883 battles

Selected Kagero,

Selected Camo, did not show on ship, tried to load another ship, game crashed critical error.

[O-S-W]
Players
574 posts
16,362 battles

lag

game is not reacting, 5seconds  black screen regulary,

(the same in normal server)

Beta Tester
2 posts
843 battles

1.  Probably for any ship with AA (encountered on Chung Mu): after reconnecting to the battle I was unable to switch AA support side; I don't remember if I had AA disabled before losing connection

2. Load into the battle -> disconnect with the server (by losing connection to the internet) -> reconnect with the server and load to the battle

3. Upon reconnecting and trying to swich AA side, the "wheel" is grey irrelevant of AA being on or off, with a 0.0 timer in the middle. It doesn't react upon clicking any of the sides of it (reinforcing the other side of the ship or cancelling the reinforcement on the one currently chosen). It is basically frozen for the rest of the game.

4. The "wheel" should be green or grey depending on AA being on or off respectively and react to player interaction, i.e. "clicking" on any of it's halves and reinforcing or cancelling the AA reinforcement. Inside of the wheel should be a destroyer icon (instead of 0.0 timer)

5. No idea on technical things, but I'll attach the screenshot. AA was on at the moment of taking the screenshot (sorry for polish UI).

*I'll also add that due to infrequency of connection loss (my internet provider s... ekhem, is not very reliable) I did not try to forcefully trigger the bug after it appeared for the first time.

AAreinforcementbug.thumb.png.6264f56f53e248be38354256b78e53ed.png

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
44 posts
1,499 battles

A couple of times the camo I had selected was not displayed on the ship, either in the port or in game.

This was on the Des Moine Cruiser with the International Womans Day and Union Jack Camo's

[BAD-F]
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
71 posts
7,780 battles

Hi small point the update says 14 days of premium, but mine was only a day!

noprem.jpg

[BOBS2]
Players
11 posts
1,486 battles

Description: Events popup fifth item is in Russian.

Steps: From the Ports screen, select 'Go to Events screen', a "Public Test 07-02-28.02" popup is shown.

Result: The fifth item, with a laurel and anchor item is in Russian. (see screenshot)

Expected: All in English.

pts_events.JPG

[BOBS2]
Players
11 posts
1,486 battles

Description: Clumsy quote marks and typo in Combat Mission 1

Steps: From the Ports screen, select 'Go to Combat Missions screen'

Result: The first entry for completing the Cruisers and No Cruisers missions has a mistake in the descriptive text. The nested quotes are clumsy, and use of "Not Cruisers" instead of "No Cruisers" (see screenshot)

Expected: Complete 2 combat missions of "Cruisers" and "No Cruisers" series

pts_mission_typo.JPG

[BOBS2]
Players
11 posts
1,486 battles

Description: Arsenal is not showing credits

Steps: From Port screen, select 'Open Arsenal'.

Result: Arsenal screen title bar shows currency, but Credits is a rotating spot. (see screenshot). This was left for five minutes, but did not update.

Expected: Current credits would be shown (508 125 000)

pts_arsenal.JPG

Beta Tester
17 posts

auto-pilot swaps unwanted when clicking on the map :

-ship is at spawn, at middle of the map

-set autopilot waypoint on map (for example at cap C)

-click again -> waypoint swaps ±90° (for example to cap B)

[HOTEL]
Players
4 posts
3,396 battles

misnomer.thumb.jpg.c5dfcedf7e4e29c43641f0b7576d1825.jpg

Different versions of British twin Bofors mounts get erroneously grouped together in the port/module interface:

Specifically, on ships where both the 2x40-mm STAAG and 2x40-mm Mk V mounts are present (Jutland A-hull/B-hull and Daring) the Mk V mount gets grouped together with the STAAG in the AA-mount listing (top and middle screenshot).

On ships where there is only the Mk V mount, it gets the correct display name/group (Lion A-hull for example, bottom screenshot).

I assume this is merely an interface bug and does not extend to the AA-performance stat of the mounts as well (i.e. the Mk V being given the slightly better STAAG stats as well), but I can't verify this possibility. Apparently this bug has been in the game since update 0.8.

• Cool 1

[_ZOO_]
[_ZOO_]
Beta Tester
5 posts
2,874 battles

Battlemode random map shards 

ship hindenburg 

reproduction:  hindenburg vs hakuryu fly torpedo squadron out of range from hindenburg AA and drop from behind at hindenburg torpedo warning will not go off it will go off  only when you look at it 

you will still get visual warning but no audio

Bug :

Get torpedo dropped by hakuryu from behind torpedo incoming warning did not go off only when you looked at it gave a warning. When you looked away  the warning would dissapear

you get the warning on screen but no audio warning 

Players
2,109 posts
14,469 battles

Mounted camo does not show visually on the ship model in port. Only happened on Hindenburg so far, and only after two battles. Camo does show in battle. Up to then everything was fine. It occurs with all available camos.

Players
71 posts
6,731 battles

I'm not sure if this is a bug... Is it me or the sound is weirdly high for some things. I guess you can adjust sliders from the audio options but still. Weird.

[SBI]
Players
1 post
7,953 battles

Can't play a battle. Starting a battle in any mode, carrier, radar ship. The battle loads, the ship is 3-D view is shown with all GUI elements. But no view atteched to the ship or planes.

Happend since 2nd update on PTS with every ship, prior only with radar ships.

The battle is loaded, then the time counter stops counting down on screen, internally it counts down and starts the battle.

The ship is drawn and the GUI elements, but the view is not attached to the ship. The ship reacts on ship controls, but this is not viewable as the view ist still the batlle start view. if you helm forward u can see the ship moving away. GUI elements are not updated, the minimap is not correct drawn with ships or updates to it, can't switch with "M" to the map and set any course - it is not shown - but the help text of it. When the battle is over the game crashes. See dumpfile.

Can't play a single battle.

Happens always.

Win 7-x64; GTX 760, Driver 418.91

Latest dump: dump file