Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Altharius

Spam CA

31 comments in this topic

[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
93 posts
2,597 battles

Since nothing is holy anymore and the nerf bat is flying, what about those shellspam CA's... They seem to rule a lot of the top tier games. Worcester, DM, Minotaur and comparable CA/CL seem to be abundant in tier 10.

Thoughts?

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
3,068 posts
245 battles

Low survivability with low dpm is basically a really dumb idea if thats what this thread purposes.

Especially without any alpha to justify it.

I would go mad if i found out my charles martel got nerfed in terms of its dpm heavily without something to replace or balance that out.

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles

If Mino and Worcester rule atm it's because they can actually kill planes fast. It seems Mino is the new T10 DD meta.

But really, Mino is far from OP, not with that kind of survivability.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
5,864 posts
7,147 battles

Yes, they are totaly overperforming... :cap_old:

fff.jpg.0f6bccc0e3370392a0716a78b910a5ff.jpg

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190202/eu_week/average_ship.html

They are very much in line with the other T10 Cruisers. Hindi and Zao have bad WR aswell, while having more damage/equal survivability. Moskva has better survivability. HIV beats all of em in WR/Damage/survivability.

Probably they are being played a lot becaus of their strong AA against the hordes of CV abusers. Minotaur really isnt special anymore. And neither are DM/Salem, they are very squishy. With Worcester i agree partially, i think its not 100% balanced with DPM and imo its somewhat trollish armor.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,691 posts
2 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

If Mino and Worcester rule atm it's because they can actually kill planes fast. It seems Mino is the new T10 DD meta.

But really, Mino is far from OP, not with that kind of survivability.

Everything can kill planes fast now after the "fix". 

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
Just now, MortenTardo said:

Everything can kill planes fast now after the "fix". 

Well, not everything kills it fast before it drops ordnance and T7 and below got nerfed into the ground.

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
3 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Sniff sniff, do you smell that? That smelly smell of a BB main... 

Great agrument, please go on.

For the non-trolls: The combination of spam and smoke seems a bit much. I remember Iwaki alpha bing a ca with smoke. Seemed op, wasn't because they couldn't spam as much. Mino is maybe a bad example, but Worcester/Dm etc that spam HE and light countries ablaze might be.

[NWP]
Players
5,864 posts
7,147 battles

Just now, Altharius said:

For the non-trolls: The combination of spam and smoke seems a bit much. I remember Iwaki alpha bing a ca with smoke. Seemed op, wasn't because they couldn't spam as much. Mino is maybe a bad example, but Worcester/Dm etc that spam HE and light countries ablaze might be.

Only minotaur has smoke, and it only fires AP shells. So you can basicly negate the damage by angling. And smoke doesnt make you invulnerable...

And DMs can be citadelled pretty much from every angle in a BB... ive devastated so many lately, it starts to feel weird.

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Only minotaur has smoke, and it only fires AP shells. So you can basicly negate the damage by angling. And smoke doesnt make you invulnerable...

Reveal hidden contents

And DMs can be citadelled pretty much from every angle in a BB... ive devastated so many lately, it starts to feel weird.

Maybe make islands destructible? XD

The lobbing of shells over islands makes it a bit, well, complicated. Especially when 2 or more spam CA's group up. The solution would be team play, but the meta now is run away and hide. It seems a bit too passive to my liking.

• Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
5,864 posts
7,147 battles
18 minutes ago, Altharius said:

The lobbing of shells over islands makes it a bit, well, complicated. Especially when 2 or more spam CA's group up. The solution would be team play, but the meta now is run away and hide. It seems a bit too passive to my liking.

If they have backup, try to kill that first, then rush them down. If thats complicated, try to move to another angle and shoot them from there.

[OGHF]
Players
860 posts
13,904 battles
59 minutes ago, Altharius said:

Since nothing is holy anymore and the nerf bat is flying, what about those shellspam CA's... They seem to rule a lot of the top tier games. Worcester, DM, Minotaur and comparable CA/CL seem to be abundant in tier 10.

Thoughts?

Mmm, mainly a BB player.

Has 4 T10 ships.

1 CA played 4 games 0% WR.

3 BB.

Conqueror  4 games 25%WR.

Yamato  10 games 40% WR.

Grober Kurfurst  45 games 26.67%WR.

BB Bingo Card ????

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles
24 minutes ago, Altharius said:

So 2 Cruisers players focus fire, use terrain and use their strengths (DPM, floaty shells to fire over islands, fire starting etc.) and this is now OP? 

That to me seems to be just a combo of team play and good use of those ships vs one target. 

I dont't see any reason to nerf using a ships strengths and working with a team mate, from a strong position, that should be strong and difficult to play around. 

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
4 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Mmm, mainly a BB player.

Has 4 T10 ships.

1 CA played 4 games 0% WR.

3 BB.

Conqueror  4 games 25%WR.

Yamato  10 games 40% WR.

Grober Kurfurst  45 games 26.67%WR.

BB Bingo Card ????

Troll much? Way to go disqualify yourself in a discussion.

you-are-out-red-card.jpg

Back to sensible discussions.

• Funny 1

[501L]
Players
128 posts
2,976 battles

Surprised at the Zao having a poor W/R. Love me my Zao, in fact its my favorite ship. hell you can look at my stats if you like and I average a mediocre Zao player with only 75k average damage (with the server average being 77k) thing may not get Radar, it may not have the best DPM or AA but it starts fires like a mother trucker and can kite (especially with the legendary module and steering mod stacked, 4.7 second rudder shift time). So yeah...Go Zao! *waves flag*

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles
3 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

Surprised at the Zao having a poor W/R. Love me my Zao, in fact its my favorite ship. hell you can look at my stats if you like and I average a mediocre Zao player with only 75k average damage (with the server average being 77k) thing may not get Radar, it may not have the best DPM or AA but it starts fires like a mother trucker and can kite (especially with the legendary module and steering mod stacked, 4.7 second rudder shift time). So yeah...Go Zao! *waves flag*

Yeh but what Zao does well, does not highly influence the game, it farms damage, often in fires, a lot of which its targets can heal back.  It also often works best in kiting away, which means giving up maps positions.

All of which probably adds up to it not being a big influencer on the outcome of the game unless it can just stack shedloads of damage, whereas radar ships for example will open up opportunities by spotting and clearing DDs, which don't reflect in damage that much but can make a big difference to winning the game (like on caps for example). 

[501L]
Players
128 posts
2,976 battles

I don't know I've managed a 58% W/R with the Zao. Also you're forgetting that thanks to the 22% fire chance that you can often force a BB or CA/CL to use its damage con and the longer reload means that by the time the next salvo hits you're setting fires again. Forcing a ship to use its damage Con can be very useful. You're also forgetting that it has high HE alpha with a reload that isn't as bad as the Moskva, putting 7-8k HE damage through the bows of most BBs and other cruisers isn't something to be sniffed at. Also it has high velocity rounds combined with an arc that is somewhere inbetween the USSR and the USA cruisers, meaning it can island spam should it need to and get into proper position.

Personally I prefer the Zao to the Des Moine or the Worcester because it can kite...not to mention the 12km torps that often catch people unawares. It's the only Cruiser that can effectively stealth torp (9.9 detection range with Concealment module and skill with 12km torps).

[OGHF]
Players
860 posts
13,904 battles
55 minutes ago, Altharius said:

Troll much? Way to go disqualify yourself in a discussion.

you-are-out-red-card.jpg

Back to sensible discussions.

You come on moaning about CL/CA’s at T10 that they should be nerfed ?

I pointed out that you have little and below par T10 performance mainly in BB.

You appear to  have rushed through to T10 rather than learn each tier.

You have arrived at T10 and moan straight away that you are being spammed by CA/CL’s, maybe if you played across the board of ships you would know how they worked and how to counter them. 

As has been pointed out to the Mino has smoke but no HE, it also  has a horrendous  citadal and can be deleted in ONE salvo by ALL BB’s and most CA’s.

So take you red card and I will replace it with the BB BINGO CARD.

Have a nice day.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
17 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

You come on moaning about CL/CA’s at T10 that they should be nerfed ?

I pointed out that you have little and below par T10 performance mainly in BB.

You appear to  have rushed through to T10 rather than learn each tier.

You have arrived at T10 and moan straight away that you are being spammed by CA/CL’s, maybe if you played across the board of ships you would know how they worked and how to counter them. 

As has been pointed out to the Mino has smoke but no HE, it also  has a horrendous  citadal and can be deleted in ONE salvo by ALL BB’s and most CA’s.

So take you red card and I will replace it with the BB BINGO CARD.

Have a nice day.

They should be looked at. Just unlocked minotaur. It's a 0 skill ship. My first round results below:

point.jpg

Please note: Dreadnought in a CL.

224751768_point2.thumb.jpg.758a9b353ea648c205624bd9e7f7c649.jpg

PS: I had GK/Yamato for ages now. Didn't play them a lot because of HE meta. Trying to unlock the legendaries.

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
6 minutes ago, Altharius said:

They should be looked at. Just unlocked minotaur. It's a 0 skill ship. My first round results below:

point.jpg

Minotaur was fine for years now, being acknowledged as embodiment of high risk, high reward. Suddenly it got popular due to AA "fix" and everyone going ballistic about her:cap_haloween:

[OGHF]
Players
860 posts
13,904 battles
11 minutes ago, Altharius said:

point.jpg

224751768_point2.thumb.jpg.758a9b353ea648c205624bd9e7f7c649.jpg

PS: I had GK/Yamato for ages now. Didn't play them a lot because of HE meta. Trying to unlock the legendaries.

Nicely  done, but 1 battle does not make war, as you 1 battle in your only other CA shows, come back after 20-30 battles in the Mino, only then will it give you it’s highs and lows.

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
1 minute ago, Cyclops_ said:

Nicely  done, but 1 battle does not make war, as you 1 battle in your only other CA shows, come back after 20-30 battles in the Mino, only then will it give you it’s highs and lows.

True, statistics prove more over longer samples. But for a first round in a new ship it shows the learning curve is quite easy for this type of ship.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,640 posts
6,550 battles
11 minutes ago, Altharius said:

point.jpg

- How many radars did the enemy have?

- Did they blindfire into smoke?

- Did they push your smoke?

- Where there many bottom tier ships?

- Did you spam from long range or actually get close?

So many variables, and as always a single screenshot is mostly pointless, even if it was your first game. And dreadnought in a CL is nothing special really, especially since you can get it from the Emerald onwards unless you misplay.

• Cool 3

[YARRR]
93 posts
2,597 battles
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

- How many radars did the enemy have?

- Did they blindfire into smoke?

- Did they push your smoke?

- Where there many bottom tier ships?

- Did you spam from long range or actually get close?

So many variables, and as always a single screenshot is mostly pointless, even if it was your first game. And dreadnought in a CL is nothing special really, especially since you can get it from the Emerald onwards unless you misplay.

have a look then. At one point there were 3 BB's and a DD targeting my smoke at under 10km.

point 3.jpg

Sign in to follow this