You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Masa2mune

Option to turn off carrier drop automatic correction?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,773 battles

It really screws up my aim, I would rather just stick to turning my planes with WASD keys to aim. It also makes me run into flak clouds occasionally and I don't want to hold my right mouse key down for free look all the time.

4 answers to this question

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
11 hours ago, Masa2mune said:

It really screws up my aim, I would rather just stick to turning my planes with WASD keys to aim. It also makes me run into flak clouds occasionally and I don't want to hold my right mouse key down for free look all the time.

What automatic correction?

I think what you are complaining about is your own ability to control the planes movement (direction) with your mouse, just at a slower rate than with A and D keys

And yes, RMB is exactly what you use for free look around - exactly like on every other ship in the game

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,773 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What automatic correction?

I think what you are complaining about is your own ability to control the planes movement (direction) with your mouse, just at a slower rate than with A and D keys

And yes, RMB is exactly what you use for free look around - exactly like on every other ship in the game

It's not the same. If the crosshair is close to pointing at your current heading, it will attract the current heading towards your crosshair like a magnet. Even the "free look" is not completely free. If your current heading is close to the direction you locked free look at, it will autocorrect the heading towards that direction. No other ship type has this kind of "correction" mechanism.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
41 minutes ago, Masa2mune said:

It's not the same. If the crosshair is close to pointing at your current heading, it will attract the current heading towards your crosshair like a magnet. Even the "free look" is not completely free. If your current heading is close to the direction you locked free look at, it will autocorrect the heading towards that direction. No other ship type has this kind of "correction" mechanism.

That is your mouse controls :fish_palm:

For ships that would be turret rotation, for CVs its more percise but slower plane turning

[DAVY]
Players
92 posts
6,773 battles
6 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That is your mouse controls :fish_palm:

For ships that would be turret rotation, for CVs its more percise but slower plane turning

But I want to turn that off. It's counter-intuitive. I already have a crosshair on the surface level. Having to connect the crosshair on the sea level down below with where I want to aim at using the crosshair stuck on my UI... it's unnatural. If it's small adjustments I want, I can easily tap dance my WASD keys for that.