Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GTB1964

Nelson needs an AA buff

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
817 posts

With the new changes to CV's now and it being a known thing that the Nelson has poor AA for defense. It needs a buff to AA now.

 

Getting tired of playing it in games with this new CV changes, and they know Nelson is a slow easy target to torp. Just had game with 2 CV and they targetted me from the very start in Nelson using torps and the AA (even maxed out) was pretty useless. Close range AA seems okay, it'll kill planes close in. But the medium/long range AA is not stopping planes at all from torp'ing the ship each time they make a run at it

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHEN]
Moderator, Moderator
1,758 posts
11,098 battles

Please don't ask AA buff for a ship know to don't have a decent AA.

 

Use your Cruiser for AA protection (3-5Km). Some ships like Atlanta/Texas/Hood need a real buff AA, because sell for this.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
817 posts
31 minutes ago, HipSGuinness said:

Please don't ask AA buff for a ship know to don't have a decent AA.

Don't talk silly, they have been buffing other ships AA that needed it to cope with the new CV meta

 

Underwhelming anti-aircraft suite makes Nelson an easy target for enemy aircraft carriers.

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Nelson

 

Keep in mind the Nelson is a very slow ship, so regardless of rudder shift time it might have, it is simply way too slow a ship to turn and avoid torps dropped from planes. So it needs AA buffing on the ship to be better than it is now

 

The reason ships like Atalanta have been nerfed on AA, was because they was too good with it killing all CV planes leaving them no chance against ships like that, making things too unbalanced

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
817 posts
35 minutes ago, HipSGuinness said:

Use your Cruiser for AA protection (3-5Km). Some ships like Atlanta/Texas/Hood need a real buff AA, because sell for this.

And how do you suppose a Nelson keeps up with a Cruiser doing 30+ knots for AA protection, when the Nelson only does 22 knots?

 

Do you think Cruisers are going to slow down to 22 knots for the Nelson, lmao. Get real!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,487 posts
2,655 battles
2 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

And how do you suppose a Nelson keeps up with a Cruiser doing 30+ knots, when the Nelson only does 22 knots?

You could ask a nearby cruiser to keep you company? Then you could work together, with the cruiser providing AA cover and artillery support, while you tank damage from enemy ships...?

 

Battleships were never intended to be omnicompentent in the game - each ship class has its own strengths and weaknesses. The Nelson has a "superheal", that will allow it to survive and come back from more sustained damage than most other same-tier battleships. Would you trade this superheal for better AA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,249 posts
11,104 battles

I wish it had better AA but as I understand it, since the rework CVs have been more about damage-over-time than dev strikes. And Nelson can absorb more of that type of damage than anything else at t7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
631 posts
10 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

And how do you suppose a Nelson keeps up with a Cruiser doing 30+ knots for AA protection, when the Nelson only does 22 knots?

 

Do you think Cruisers are going to slow down to 22 knots for the Nelson, lmao. Get real!

I would, or I would turn back in my cruiser if I thought it would help keep the Nelson alive and give my team the best chance of winning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
14 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

And how do you suppose a Nelson keeps up with a Cruiser doing 30+ knots for AA protection, when the Nelson only does 22 knots?

 

Do you think Cruisers are going to slow down to 22 knots for the Nelson, lmao. Get real!

 

No cruiser is speeding full speed over the map all the time (at that tier). They usualy stop at islands to use them to substitude their non-existing armor. And if you have a team, that scatters all over the map, running like chicken, well, you lost either way. So then it doesnt matter what kills you, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,442 posts
6,757 battles

Please buff my Musashi AA too while you are at it. It's got garbage AA and has no chance against CV. I'm too dumb to understand the concept of ships having weaknesses to make up for being strong elsewhere and fail to grasp that Musashi is balanced around this in exchange for being basically OP against other ships.

</sarcasm>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
817 posts
12 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

No cruiser is speeding full speed over the map all the time (at that tier). They usualy stop at islands to use them to substitude their non-existing armor

So I should camp with a Cruiser hidden behind and Island to use his AA bubble?

 

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,568 posts
7,946 battles
1 hour ago, MRGTB said:

With the new changes to CV's now and it being a known thing that the Nelson has poor AA for defense. It needs a buff to AA now.

 

Getting tired of playing it in games with this new CV changes, and they know Nelson is a slow easy target to torp. Just had game with 2 CV and they targetted me from the very start in Nelson using torps and the AA (even maxed out) was pretty useless. Close range AA seems okay, it'll kill planes close in. But the medium/long range AA is not stopping planes at all from torp'ing the ship each time they make a run at it

 

Where does it stop though?

 

Some ships will always be designed to have BAD AA.  Ships like the Shimmy and Masashi for instance. Where ships like the Atlanta, Des, KIDD ect should eat planes. Strengths and weakness.  We can't all have our cake and eat it.

 

One of the risks in buying/Free XP those kinda ships is their vulnerability to AA.  I do not want a game where every ship has the ability to wipe the floor with planes.  That was starting to happen in the old CV world.

 

I've got the Neslon and the very first game i had in it i got HOUNDED by the enemy CV (got with free XP, rest going to Alaska).  He focuses on me the whole game....However by doing that he wasn't spotting the enemy team and as the Nelson has a zombie heal, i kept sailing until the very end.  We lost in end, but the moral of the story stays the same.  He would have be so much more useful doing other things than slapping a lower tier ship. We had a god awful team (lost 2 dd's in the first salvos of the battle) too :Smile_facepalm:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
817 posts
11 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Please buff my Musashi AA too while you are at it. It's got garbage AA and has no chance against CV. I'm too dumb to understand the concept of ships having weaknesses to make up for being strong elsewhere and fail to grasp that Musashi is balanced around this in exchange for being basically OP against other ships.

</sarcasm>

Well at least a Musashi can do "what he always does". Sit at the edge of the map "out of sight" and shoot 24k. Who needs AA when nobody can even see you hugging the map line

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,141 posts
7,641 battles
4 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

So I should camp with a Cruiser hidden behind and Island to use his AA bubble?

 

You can spare yourself the stupid pictures, that only count for the bs that you write. The "hiding behind an island as a BB" is something, you made up yourself. But yea, if you dont want help playing BBs, then im not wasting my time on you anymore. Who am I to tell you how to play BBs, since you know better, right?

 

877209140_Screenshot_2019-02-07WoWSStatsNumbersEU-ForlornSailor-Playerinfoandstats.png.c512b510dae3f938864c1ff7c0c3b151.png

 

2 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Well at least a Musashi can do "what he always does". Sit at the edge of the map "out of sight" and shoot 24k.

I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
93 posts
2,597 battles
47 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Don't talk silly, they have been buffing other ships AA that needed it to cope with the new CV meta

 

Underwhelming anti-aircraft suite makes Nelson an easy target for enemy aircraft carriers.

 

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Nelson

 

So? Yamato is supposed to have a highly efficient AA suite. Look ate her now. Smae for Atlanta, Yubari.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
5,911 posts
7,190 battles
4 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Well at least a Musashi can do "what he always does". Sit at the edge of the map "out of sight" and shoot 24k.

 

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_st

 

Clearly you know your BB stuff :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,442 posts
6,757 battles
6 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

So I should camp with a Cruiser hidden behind and Island to use his AA bubble?

Depending on positioning, islands are a death trap, as AA shoots not through islands.

5 minutes ago, MRGTB said:

Well at least a Musashi can do "what he always does". Sit at the edge of the map "out of sight" and shoot 24k. Who needs AA when nobody can even see you hugging the map line

The map border is an additional 10 sec of flight. No prob for new CVs. On the other hand, you can bet that there's no Mino or Worcester at the map border swatting down planes.

 

Overall, I'd learn how to play ships, not complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I have a Nelson too.....it won't sink that easy due to it's huge repair amount, especially not from the often minor damage aircraft can inflict on it.

 

Other then that stay near enough other big ships, or ask one to come with you. If you don't want that, fine its not a single player game so you have to face te odds. Having said that, being alone seperated from other ships is never a good idea......all classes execute lone seperated ships. But yes it for certain will attract aircraft, as lone ships are the only things they can attack and live. WG wills this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×