Awesome5auce

Post spamming etiquette

14 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
235 posts
9,393 battles

Firstly the mods took down my previous post for naming and shaming a prolific poster which is fair, my unique brand of off humour sarcasm doesn’t always strike the right chord. Underneath I did have a serious point/rant about how the forum functions and the etiquette of post spamming and have a couple of points to make which if we all adhere to will make everyone’s lives easier. 

• In no way do I want to critisize any recruiters who post in a new thread and then subsequently send a message, I am frequently one of them and it is a great way to promote your clan and get in touch. Thing is though we all should know that no lost recruit will accidentally click on your link and subsequently become ensnared in your clan. It’s a lazy way to conduct business and will in no way win you recruits. The simple rule is do some work if you want to entice people. Speaking personally we have picked up many new recruits from this forum, not because we spam the same generic link, but because we actually take the time send them a personal message that isn’t a copy paste (except for some generic clan ethos and stats and base perks). I know from speaking to a lot of other recruiters that they adopt the same approach and have similar positive results. 
  • Secondly it pisses off other recruiters by resurrecting old posts made by players, many of whom are now clearly now in a clan and are no longer searching. Prolific spamming of literally every post regardless of candidate suitability just makes filtering through the forum for new recruits that much harder for the rest of us. Case and point, looking at the first page at the moment I can see a now current BOATY member’s original thread who we recruited back at the start of November! It is utter madness to just post a generic link expecting him to leave and join another unit.

On a side note, I will in no way be surprised to see a certain copy/paste in this thread at some point (Assuming it isn’t taken down)

/rant

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[-CIA-]
Players
250 posts
19,301 battles

I second this, make the posts time limited for the players who are looking for clans, let's say the thread autoclose after a week and if the player still looking for a clan he just posts another thread, it's inconvenient to sort through posts from last month just because a certain individual is spamming. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[HEATH]
Players
39 posts
10,479 battles

Thumbs up from me too. Having recruiters spam threads is waste of anyone's time and you should contact recruits by PM.

We have another spam thread for posting how great our clans is.

• Bad 1

[1701]
[1701]
Players
549 posts
9,282 battles

I'm not even going to bother..................

[_FK_]
Players
151 posts
12,255 battles
5 minutes ago, Graeme17O1 said:

I'm not even going to bother..................

people can tell when you grave dig and spam dont worry.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[1701]
[1701]
Players
549 posts
9,282 battles

Its not spamming pal. What it is, is me getting on once a week and reply to all those messages from people 'looking for a clan/fleet'. I am so so sorry that I get on once per week and reply to all the new ones at the same time.*edited*

Good day!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
235 posts
9,393 battles

All we're saying is please just send them a private message rather than flooding the forum, it's really frustrating for the rest of us!

And in all honesty has it ever worked? Mindlessly spamming a link to a recruitment thread anywhere between a week and three months after it was posted seems crazy. You realize you have stiff opposition, most of us send well thought out private messages to prospective recruits.

• Bad 1

[_FK_]
Players
151 posts
12,255 battles

Call me a troll all you want at least I can read dates.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,787 posts
10,391 battles

i totally agree, they spam threads where the original poster even says i've found a clan, search over, it's just plain laziness...

amd what's more certain people spam gen chat in game every 10 mins with the same message...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,213 posts
20 hours ago, Graeme17O1 said:

Its not spamming pal. What it is, is me getting on once a week and reply to all those messages from people 'looking for a clan/fleet'. I am so so sorry that I get on once per week and reply to all the new ones at the same time. *edited*

Good day!

You are not replying. You are spamming a link. Btw for your fifth clan recruitment thread (which is also spamming too... one clan = one thread).

If you would reply, or actually care, you would look if the OP already found a clan. You would read their posts. You would reply to them with individually created messages.

You are just spamming. Which is the worst type of advertisment in existence.

@Awesome5auce

But to be honest... this thread while not ment to be harmfull, it isn't helpfull either. It is posted in the wrong section (you are not looking for a clan) and clearly meant to attack the behavior of other users. We have moderators to deal with that. Flag the spam. Don't reward the spammer with extra attention (yes, I'm guilty as charged now).

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[1701]
[1701]
Players
549 posts
9,282 battles

Do you lot think that if what I was doing was classed as spamming I would of been told so by Admin/Mods?

It doesnt matter how you look at this. Its NOT spamming however it is an attack against me which is against the rules and I hereby ask ALL Admins/Mods of these troll infested forums to take action againt those who think it right to publically name and shame me over a matter 'THEY' think is wrong however isnt. I persoanlly think an appropriate action to take is to delete the full and entire wargaming accounts of all those saying negative things about myself.

Kind Regards,

GP.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[_FK_]
Players
151 posts
12,255 battles

Oh no someone has had an opinion on the internet about someone else, and they should have their accounts deleted even though that would also result in mine being blacklisted. 

[DEEDS]
Players
31 posts
5 battles

Hi players ,

Since the OP doesn't search a Clan,and the discussion goes to wrong direction and is not constructive at all,the thread is been locked.

G_Bg_82

• Cool 1