Sign in to follow this  
Beastofwar

CV nerfing went too far !

70 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

After the "hotfix" suddenly i am unable to have a decent score. While i do not mind the torpedo aiming changes, nor the delayed F key, i am just blown away by ship AA no matter what i do. It's not the long range AA, it is the ( strengthened) continuous AA. The result is im being deplaned without being able to do decent damage. And i did not fly mindlessly into packs of ships !

What probably  contributes is i am thrown in tier X matches with a Tier 8  CV all the time and Tier X ships  are probably tuned do tier X aircraft and outright slaughter me leaving me only frustrated. As MM will often throw Tier 8 CV in Tier X matches this will depopulate CV play for sure. I have used Tier 6 CV too but those seems ok, but may not when faicng higher tier ships either. Is the hotfix consequences at all being tested brefore implemented ?

I'm sure those that hate CV rejoice, but this ofcourse will make the upcoming UK CV campaign and missions a big fail if left unchanged. Players probabably dont want minus credits as a reward. Especially not if they have premium account bonusses and still come up minus credits.....

Don't get me wrong i will enjoy powerfull AA too in other ships and ofcourse enjoy the game, but if this continues i will not use CV untill more balanced. I'm sure at some point it will be, can't imagine all these man hours on UK CV work, and the CV rework  being for nothing.

Especially mind the credits if i would NOT have premium.....

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2

Players
391 posts
2,631 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Especially mind the credits if i would NOT have premium.....the XP seems ok though.

And you have a Warships premium account, not the regular one.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

Silly WG....they manage to dissapoint one group of players after another. Woudn't like to be in the shoes of those responsible as keeping customers happy is their income.

But they did present very beautiful ships, their customer servce has helped me well in the past, and i'm sure they do all they can to find the right balance. I won't stop playing ( other ships temporarly ) over this :-))

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,087 posts
2,713 battles

If this was a Battleship thread you would see hundreds of posts saying "Git gud scrub" I mean Tier 8 being with Tier X has always been a MM issue. Every class suffers this not just CV and its hard for some newer players to cope with being uptiered.

Learn, Adapt and Overcome!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,200 posts
15 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

If this was a Battleship thread you would see hundreds of posts saying "Git gud scrub" I mean Tier 8 being with Tier X has always been a MM issue. Every class suffers this not just CV and its hard for some newer players to cope with being uptiered.

Currently there is no way to adapt and overcome. Right now your planes just die.

The idea behind the CV rework is fine. The implementation needs more work and the hotfix did not improve the situation. It looks like Wargaming never considered uptiered CVs in any of their scenarios.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
31 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I am trying, as i said it to CV nerf complainers too....do you see me "threaten"" to deinstall the game ? Nope but it is unenjoyable to use CV right now.

I didn't start playing yesterday, i know what it means to be thrown in high tier matches. But in other ships you can at least be somewhat effective, you always can lob HE at ships you can't damage otherwise. And torpedo's still can do damage too. Being blown out of the sky is diffrent. There is no work around since is it continuous AA thats doing this. Can't be dodged. Can't be fooled.

I will be shooting down masses of aircraft in other ships too, just like you. Untill they "hotfix" another, hopefully more acceptable  balance. They probably have to, can't imagine their UK CV event completely being unpopular.

[_DAN_]
Beta Tester
96 posts
9,525 battles

Dear Wargaming ...
Please stop listen to the DD whiners and stop nerf the CV ,
we allready went to moon and back in nerfing , its time to stop it ,
since its alot of DD players that complain about cw , and we get nerfed
every time mabee we should complain about the massiv load of torpedo
spamming the DD makes or the range on BB main guns ,
basically what im saying here is that The game will never be balance completely
and there will allways be complaining players in the game.
But this time i agree with the nerf went too fare,
if you play tier 10 DD you should be able to handle being spotted ,
but if you dont know how to here is a trick . 
1. smoke up and let you us and russain aa guns deal with it
2. sail to an friendly cruiser or  Battleship , Minotaur or Salem would be a good choice
3. Do your job , cap , spot and Sink enery cv

I have written about tier 10 bracketts before and i think if the cv need a nerf then we need a tier 10 brackett as well
becouse when i get in to tier 10 match with my tier 8 cv , i cant do any Dmg becouse of the massive AA ,
so just make it clear , tier 10 dd players that complain about the cvs you should be ashame of your self ,

its not easy mode to play cv anymore and it take alot of hard work to play it , so please stop complain about the Cvs.

And to the complainers  on CVs too power full , mabee you should start reading the patch notes instead just complain
about the cv just becouse you dont understand the new mechanics.

wargaming to you i have this to say keep ruin the cv just becouse of dd complains , you might have to ask this ,
why do you think this players complain about Cvs ?
pretty simpel they dont get as much dmg when cv in the games becouse they know they get hunted when spotted .
or they actualy ask for you to change the ballance to DD getting more power full , that might be a good idea to keep
that in mind when you deside to nerf and make changes to the game , becouse you will never get a fully balanced game

its way to late for that to happen.

reguardning the silvers you allmost end up negative cash flow every time you play the cv so fix that too when you allready

are messing around with the cv

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 9

Players
356 posts
6,561 battles
3 hours ago, Hexxas said:

Dear Wargaming ...
Please stop listen to the DD whiners

So after three years of CV whining, and an update that in the opinion of the vast majority of the player base has broken the game. You want us all to put up with CVs unlimited aircraft, vanishing air groups, and mindless torp spam, we should all shut up and and let WG get away with the debacle.

Well dream on. Debacle ( a sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco ) sums up the CV update and the hotfix perfectly.

mabee you should start reading the patch notes instead just complain

You can read the patch notes till the cows come home, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And most of us think the pudding tastes like crap.

you will never get a fully balanced game

its way to late for that to happen.

All i can say to this is.

bless-me-with-patience-not-opportunities-to-be-patient-lve-4446007.png

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[_DAN_]
Beta Tester
96 posts
9,525 battles
26 minutes ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

So after three years of CV whining, and an update that in the opinion of the vast majority of the player base has broken the game. You want us all to put up with CVs unlimited aircraft, vanishing air groups, and mindless torp spam, we should all shut up and and let WG get away with the debacle.

Well dream on. Debacle ( a sudden and ignominious failure; a fiasco ) sums up the CV update and the hotfix perfectly.

You can read the patch notes till the cows come home, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And most of us think the pudding tastes like crap.

All i can say to this is.

bless-me-with-patience-not-opportunities-to-be-patient-lve-4446007.png

dude i seem DD whining about Cv since the start and they just keep QQing Alot instead of doing what they supose to do to counter Aircraft spotting ,
but i guess wargaming is only conserned with the crying of DD captain that atm get every ting the point at , i think its very wrong to favorit as game developer ,
and thats whats being done here , its hard enough getting true all the anti air from tier 10 ships but allso getting hit so short after public release by the nerf hammer
i cant see any fairness in that at all , fact is if people didnt read the patch notes , i even had to teach some clan member how to use the new anti air function ,
just becouse they didnt take the time to read it them self.  Again Wargaming favorit the DDs thats clear becouse if they QQ they get their ways.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
9 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

If it would be a BB thread it would be pointless whining by a BB-Bob or are you seriously implying the poor BBs need some help..?

But - surprise - it is not. It is about WG overbuffing AA (the constant undodgeable part). WG simply gave in to some BB and DD bobs who got sunk by carriers after 3 years without any CVs in the matches 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[AC]
Players
13 posts
5,424 battles

I agree. dear WG stop nerfing CV, the hotfix went too far. I just had a game against flambass. my lexi vs his mino. As I understand a good player should be able to outplay another player, and there should be chance for every ship to damage every other ship. in this instance and with the current AA there is no such chance. it takes about 2 seconds for aa to shred the entire squadron. the mino doesn't even get spootted and loaded in within that time, and it is not because I'm flying into the flak puffs which I could at least in theory avoid. So what I'm saying, there are ships that have no counterplay now which, just destroys balancing. I agree with fixing the F-Spam Issue. but this has gone way overboard.

• Cool 3

Players
432 posts
5,436 battles

The matchmaking issue is nothing new. I played several games in T6 and T8 ships and was always uptiered, always wiped out.

Given up and am only playing co-op but I believe we are now getting AI CVs so that will stop. 

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

It is about WG overbuffing AA (the constant undodgeable part). WG simply gave in to some BB and DD bobs who got sunk by carriers after 3 years without any CVs in the matches 

The best describtion of problems we have so far with very few words !

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
82 posts
4,296 battles

I think the main problem is detection range. If planes are spotted at 10 km, what is one supposed to do ? Granted, torpedo bombers have better camo than other planes - which makes no sense at all - but it's still too high. If a plane can only spot a DD at 3.x Km, (which is roughly 20 times it's size) the detection for planes should be the same at best. As it is now, DDs outspot any plane by at least 3 km - and it can do that while smoked up (which, again, doesn't make the tiniest bit of sense) - all the worlds AA - that has been improved - opens up at the poor sods.  There is no dodging anymore, a few bursts will always hit and that's enough to render CVs as good as useless. On top of that, our stealthiest T-bombers don't sport the aiming aids that ships have. Dropping is based on guessing, which is a serious disadvantage. 

One could go with the flow, playing AA cruisers and have a really good time but I'd always feel bad for the poor guy, who has spent so much time, (and perhaps money, too)  grinding and learning CVs - only to be rewarded with a kick in the unmentionables.  

Yes, we know the claim about needing real values from the live server but we can't help but wonder if you had a look at your own numbers. Fragile planes, that can be shot at by big guns before they know what hit them simply don't match. One could almost be tempted to break into stereotypes and marvel about the amount of potato based spirits your devs had, before releasing this "Hotfix"  What you have done with this patch, WG, is almost as bad as hurting your customers physically.  I left WoT because of their questionable decisions, I'm not sure how to treat WoWs. Luckily, "Subnautica Below Zero" has just been released into early access. Even most of your community contributors agree that this is way more enjoyable game. If that doesn't make you think, WG, I don't know what might.

• Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
13 hours ago, mfredholm said:

*edited*

You what Dude? It’s not about the rework but about the giant nerf bat in 0.8.0.1

Players
53 posts
12 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

After the "hotfix" suddenly i am unable to have a decent score. While i do not mind the torpedo aiming changes, nor the delayed F key, i am just blown away by ship AA no matter what i do. It's not the long range AA, it is the ( strengthened) continuous AA. The result is im being deplaned without being able to do decent damage. And i did not fly mindlessly into packs of ships !

What probably  contributes is i am thrown in tier X matches with a Tier 8  CV all the time and Tier X ships  are probably tuned do tier X aircraft and outright slaughter me leaving me only frustrated. As MM will often throw Tier 8 CV in Tier X matches this will depopulate CV play for sure. I have used Tier 6 CV too but those seems ok, but may not when faicng higher tier ships either. Is the hotfix consequences at all being tested brefore implemented ?

I'm sure those that hate CV rejoice, but this ofcourse will make the upcoming UK CV campaign and missions a big fail if left unchanged. Players probabably dont want minus credits as a reward. Especially not if they have premium account bonusses and still come up minus credits.....

Don't get me wrong i will enjoy powerfull AA too in other ships and ofcourse enjoy the game, but if this continues i will not use CV untill more balanced. I'm sure at some point it will be, can't imagine all these man hours on UK CV work, and the CV rework  being for nothing.

Especially mind the credits if i would NOT have premium.....

res1.jpg

res2.jpg

Thank you wg for nerfing the carriers and thank you for the over the top AA(and the reports in begin of battle just because I bring a carrier in the game) I really enjoy this because now my carriers our completely useless:(         I kind of like the new system (instead of the rts one before) bud this is truly terrible now.Always getting uptierd is so painful and almost always loosing my planes in my first attack run.Dodging the flak doesn't matter because I always loose my planes whatever I try. It's almost impossible to make some decent damage our credits(see picture above).So from now on,my carriers our changed to port decoration.Sad because I like all ships just like I love my carriers.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts

Sorry but when a nerfed tier 10 IJN CV can still launch a second and a third set of torps against a tier 9 BB for 95% damage while it's still straightening up from dodging the first set then CVs are still over powered.  CVs might have to think harder now about what they do and AA is now more effective (though still not that great), but CV players who know what they are doing are still showing that the balance is still completely out of whack.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[RO-RN]
Players
25 posts
26,050 battles

All players now got full aa build becuse they try to kill planes in 8.0.0 this is why now u cant go close  nerf is ok i see others players doing 150000-200000 dmg in carier and its ok sience one bb get ding,broken shells,...sience one CA must avoid bb players ,help with dd help with cv and somethimes got no range to shoot,dd its always in danger now with cv ,radar or enemy dd. All we must pay a price 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
12 minutes ago, redlockk said:

All players now got full aa build becuse they try to kill planes in 8.0.0 this is why now u cant go close 

I havent even thought of that...ofcourse most players would have done that. But what will they say in forums when choosing other builds again and their AA weakens ? Another nerf to CV ?

[RO-RN]
Players
25 posts
26,050 battles

Tell me why a  bb must waste all that points on capt and upgrade for aa. How many of us dont had aa build before rework and now we all have

If a cv can do 100000 dmg in a game for me its balanced with a nice game you can reach more like we all did ....nerf its ok...

I mean in tier 10 cv 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
141 posts
4,726 battles
3 hours ago, redlockk said:

Tell me why a  bb must waste all that points on capt and upgrade for aa. How many of us dont had aa build before rework and now we all have

If a cv can do 100000 dmg in a game for me its balanced with a nice game you can reach more like we all did ....nerf its ok...

I mean in tier 10 cv 

What you fail to realize is, that the only reason nobody ever went for an AA-build in the previous iterations of the game is, because you barely ever saw a CV in your battles at all. Also, you do not have to focus on AA in any battleship. The mere proximity to other ships already provides you with an effective AA-screen, regardless on if any of the ships in the group are AA-specced. You know where the best place for your BB is with the current system? At about 4 to 5km to the next ship, *any* ship, so that their FlaK-bursts cover the critical moment where CVs spend the most time with their planes when they try to attack you. Teamwork is a thing and an effective thing, just like in the previous iterations of the CV-system. That you and others fail to realize this is quite telling about the state of the game pre-0.8.0

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Players
25 posts
26,050 battles

Now we all fight against 2 cv in tier 10 if aa is strong maybe becuse it neded 

First with 1 cv at least you see him if he play on other side or else now is all over the map 

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
23 minutes ago, MadnerKami said:

What you fail to realize is, that the only reason nobody ever went for an AA-build in the previous iterations of the game is, because you barely ever saw a CV in your battles at all. Also, you do not have to focus on AA in any battleship. The mere proximity to other ships already provides you with an effective AA-screen, regardless on if any of the ships in the group are AA-specced. You know where the best place for your BB is with the current system? At about 4 to 5km to the next ship, *any* ship, so that their FlaK-bursts cover the critical moment where CVs spend the most time with their planes when they try to attack you. Teamwork is a thing and an effective thing, just like in the previous iterations of the CV-system. That you and others fail to realize this is quite telling about the state of the game pre-0.8.0

From perspective of the reciving and of flak this is all very true......when palying CV i attack lone, isolated ships.

It is natures way....attack what is weak ( or dumb same thing ) and avoid what is strong. Even countries/gouvernements do that, that is why maintaining power balance is all important.

[RO-RN]
Players
25 posts
26,050 battles
1 hour ago, MadnerKami said:

With a permaspoted ship there is no more element of surprise and if i must stay with all leming express becuse you with cv cant atack me i prefer to unistal the game becuse its boring to shoot on ships on 23 km and shoot on cruiser in kite its not only 1 cv but 2 try to immaginate how many dmg u can do in one team  if you lose planes its just perfect i lose aa modules when all fire on me ...all ships lose something ...cv cant stay behind and farm dmg  Balanced.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this