Sign in to follow this  
Sub_Littoral

Patch 8.01 total rubbish

8 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
7,339 battles

They say they have changed the CV's and other aspects... bollocks is my assessment of what they have changed. Get the developers to actually go live on a tier 10 game with a DD and see how much fun it is. I get spotted 90% of the time when trying to cap or get close to spot... then bam... 20% of health is taken out by rockets closely followed by cruisers taking another 50% as they throw up radar from ludicrous distances and then just burn me down.

I will never give them any more money now and will no longer recommend it to friends. They just don't seem to listen to players anymore.

• Cool 9
  • Bad 3

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

It is true that nothing changed about DD being discovered and attacked by rocket strike aircraft. If they are not discovered by strike aircraft, they still will be attacked by them anyway as other ships do spot them eventually.

But this is probably brought into the game for a purpose. It's whole purpose seems to be reducing DD influence, rebalancing power, and that it does. Maybe they came up with this after they realeased UK DD and there were game breakingly too many DD in matches ? Maybe because of the many BB players that dont like torpedo walls fired from invisibity ?

Or maybe they want submarines in that will hunt CV and BB, and DD hunt for submerged submarines. And prepare you for another playstyle by removing what submarines are supposed to do -stealth attack - from DD. :cap_look:

• Cool 1

[ANV]
Players
5 posts
4,065 battles

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.df13a87dc0df7cc695efe4b85fc8fff5.gif

So in a training room with a montana, no AA build or anything like that... Going into strike, fine... Planes returning.... Fine? Get to max altitude, bam. No planes return. Working as intended? Wargaming needs to look at hot fixes before constantly hotfixing hotfixes.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts
10 hours ago, TomBasley said:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.df13a87dc0df7cc695efe4b85fc8fff5.gif

So in a training room with a montana, no AA build or anything like that... Going into strike, fine... Planes returning.... Fine? Get to max altitude, bam. No planes return. Working as intended? Wargaming needs to look at hot fixes before constantly hotfixing hotfixes.

Try that in a real battle in a tier 9 and you'll find things very different.  Played both my Lion and the Fred De Grosse tonight - very few planes shot down but hit lots and IJN torp bombers still turn and attack again so quickly that a successful first dodge leaves you stranded against the second and third runs.  Midway is now possibly worse due to the number of torps dropped.

• Bad 1

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I find that the playability and effectiveness very much depends on the tier ships you face. Facing AA of 2 tier higher ships is rediculous, while facing you own tier may be reasonable.

Forum members respond to this that it is the same for all ships, and that is true, but for aircraft facing +2 tier AA it is even much more unenjoyable. And they litterally in this +2 tier AA situation force you to attack the ships with the weakest AA : DD...that already suffer much. Making their game unenjoyable too.....

• Cool 2

[RMKI]
Players
10 posts

0.8.0 carrier planes just break all balance. Why should anyone even play with ships with weak AA anymore? To be someone else's credit and xp fodder?

• Cool 3

Players
144 posts
17,004 battles
On 2/7/2019 at 1:34 PM, Beastofwar said:

Or maybe they want submarines in that will hunt CV and BB, and DD hunt for submerged submarines. And prepare you for another playstyle by removing what submarines are supposed to do -stealth attack - from DD

Please don't give these muppets any ideas.......

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Sign in to follow this