You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

F spam "fix"

135 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
859 posts
22,947 battles

now CV lose ALL planes after an attack on anything other than a lone yamato. this "fix" needs to be looked at or reverted. not sure if WG are aware of the current meta of blobbing up but the F spam was our only way to combat that

• Cool 10
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[ONE2]
Players
2,884 posts
16,844 battles

Does it matter? As I understand it CV's now have infinite number of planes (granted, I maybe wrong but), so it's not like you'll run out of planes at some point. Just launch a new squadron.:cap_hmm:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[THROW]
Players
859 posts
22,947 battles
Just now, RAHJAILARI said:

Does it matter? As I understand it Cv's now have infinite number of planes, so it's not like you'll run out of planes at some point. Just launch a new squadron.:cap_hmm:

you obviously dont understand anything otherwise you would know that it takes about 80 seconds to regen 1 plane which is barely any so no not infinite planes. that is an illusion

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
66 posts
18,251 battles

i am not sure how  long it take to "print" a new plane. and if you are out of planes (full squads) at somepoint.

snow was faster.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,884 posts
16,844 battles
2 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

it takes about 80 seconds to regen 1 plane which is barely any so no not infinite planes. that is an illusion

Ahaa! So there is a time delay then? Innderesding, makes sense though. Thanks for clarifying.:Smile_Default:

4,669 posts
9,154 battles

Sounds like another - expected - week of live testing to balance out CVs? Might give my AA cruisers a try tonight...

• Cool 4

[AXIS]
Players
714 posts
11,749 battles

let´s just say cv went from broken op byebye to meh when top tier, literally useless when bottom tier

buff in 8.0.2 ? 

• Cool 1

Players
6,904 posts
8,764 battles
2 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

let´s just say cv went from broken op byebye to meh when top tier, literally useless when bottom tier

buff in 8.0.2 ? 

When you try to finetune things with sledgehammer, you get results like this. From broken to broken.

• Cool 10

Players
535 posts
6,792 battles
26 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

you obviously dont understand anything otherwise you would know that it takes about 80 seconds to regen 1 plane which is barely any so no not infinite planes. that is an illusion

so - it takes us 80 sec to get dam.con !!

• Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
859 posts
22,947 battles
Just now, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

so - it takes us 80 sec to get dam.con !!

80 seconds for 1 plane. not a squad. 1 plane. why will people not get this into their head and keep screaming UNLIMITED PLANES OP

• Cool 6

Players
5,441 posts
6,734 battles
32 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

now CV lose ALL planes after an attack on anything other than a lone yamato. this "fix" needs to be looked at or reverted. not sure if WG are aware of the current meta of blobbing up but the F spam was our only way to combat that

Well, blobbing up is our only way to counter your solo power. If it needs several people to form a blob to counter one player then it damn well deserves to be effective. 

• Cool 8

Players
6,904 posts
8,764 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Snoww said:

80 seconds for 1 plane. not a squad. 1 plane. why will people not get this into their head and keep screaming UNLIMITED PLANES OP

Because its easier to make noise "unfair plane" instead looking up in game for CV and its aircraft stats:cap_book:

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,210 posts
1,486 battles

Sounds a good solution to plane spam to me and means CV players have to be more careful about who they attack.

Because losing a whole squadron is now possible and actually has an impact now.

The F key was always stupid, DDs can't spam torps as quickly as CVs could spam squadrons, if you fire off your torps in a DD, quite often, especially in torp boats you don't have much else you can do, so you have to think about when and at what to fire your torps at. Seems that CV players now have to think about that as well.

Plus you have other squadrons, so this really only stops the spam of one type of attack. 

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,098 posts
6,344 battles
9 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ahaa! So there is a time delay then? Innderesding, makes sense though. Thanks for clarifying.:Smile_Default:

Take saipan for example.

It has 9 torp bombers max (there is an equipment that gives +2)

It launches a squad of 6.

It takes 151 seconds (2 and a half minutes) per plane to respawn.

So if you get the first squad all shot down, you only have 3 left.

If you choose to launch this half squad, then because there are less planes to spread the damage over, theres far less chance of these making it back.

So now you have no TB, and need to wait 151 seconds for a plane to respawn. If you want to wait for a full squad so you have a decent chance of them making it to target then you will need to wait 906 seconds, which is 15 minutes.

• Cool 7
  • Angry 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,884 posts
16,844 battles
39 minutes ago, svadilfari said:

buff in 8.0.2 ? 

I do not understand why they do not just give CV's planes according to the battle tier instead of tying them to a particular ship. For example, if it's a tier 8 battle all CV's (including the unfortunate tier 6) would have tier 8 planes. Problem solved, simples. Only difference would then be the number of reserve planes available for each. :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
714 posts
11,749 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I do not understand why they do not just give CV's planes according to the battle tier instead of tying them to a particular ship. For example, if it a tier 8 battle all CV's (including the unfortunate tier 6) would have tier 8 planes. Problem solved simples. Only difference would then be the number of reserve planes available for each. :cap_hmm:

well that would make cv always top tier. so any other ship you have to put up with being fishfood but cv should get to be top every game? don´t know about that.

but certainly an interesting idea. you could implement a static balance for cv to be a median between broken op and useless.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,884 posts
16,844 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

So now you have no TB, and need to wait 151 seconds for a plane to respawn. If you want to wait for a full squad so you have a decent chance of them making it to target then you will need to wait 906 seconds, which is 15 minutes.

Thanks for the details, never knew any of that since I'm no CV player - But that penalty seems a tad excessive even to me. After all CV's are pretty useless without any planes.:cap_old:

Players
6,904 posts
8,764 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Thanks for the details, never knew any of that since I'm no CV player - But that penalty seems a tad excessive even to me. After all CV's are pretty useless without any planes.:cap_old:

But... But... CVs OP, when they plant 2 torpedoes for 8k dmg total:fish_nerv:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Angry 1

Players
535 posts
6,792 battles
9 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

hmm I thought it is  80 sec for a squad 

[KAKE]
Players
1,686 posts
3,971 battles

How much of it is down to the changes to the F-key functionality, though, and how much is down to the changes to AA?

I mean, that's part of the problem with this whole process, they keep changing a lot of variables at once, which can make it impossible to see the effect of any individual change.

• Cool 3

[THROW]
Players
859 posts
22,947 battles
2 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

hmm I thought it is  80 sec for a squad 

if that was the case i wouldnt care about losing planes...

• Cool 3

[AAO]
Players
2,251 posts
10,991 battles
43 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Yup. Planes die like flies. Idiots at WG and their subtle balancing. Well, after one week of spamming haku games, it's now a week (or three more probably) of spamming Des Moines etc. I can only imagine how unplayable tier 8 cvs must be.

• Cool 3

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
141 posts
4,726 battles

Another point where a specific setup and playstyle of the Hakuryu has fluffing ruined it for everyone else. Just got into a T10 battle in my Lexington and as luck would have it, the enemy nicely balled up around their 2 Minotaurs and one Worcester. My team had none of either. You can guess how me sitting idle or flying with squads half full into the zones of death around these retaredly OP deathballs went. This is a joke.

3 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

How much of it is down to the changes to the F-key functionality, though, and how much is down to the changes to AA?

I mean, that's part of the problem with this whole process, they keep changing a lot of variables at once, which can make it impossible to see the effect of any individual change.

Minotaurs and Worcesters became even more of a no-fly zone. It's ridiculous and [edited]broken.

• Cool 1