Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

IJN vs US CVs

19 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,771 posts
5,007 battles

Hello thar, after a long time I will have finally time to play some WOWS again,
My question is, which CV line is more recommendable to start?

I know these are unstable times (with the balancing being still off and such) , but as it stands,
does the US CV line even come close to the IJN one?

I do have the Saipan, so that's a good incentive to go for the Yanks, but everywhere I go I hear the IJN CVs are overall much better.

If you could spare some time and tell me your opinion on the opposing sides of the CV situation, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, how good do you think the Senpai is?

Cheers!

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
19 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I know these are unstable times (with the balancing being still off and such) , but as it stands,

I do have the Saipan, so that's a good incentive to go for the Yanks, but everywhere I go I hear the IJN CVs are overall much better.

If you could spare some time and tell me your opinion on the opposing sides of the CV situation, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!

Now? I'd advise against CV as today morning "hotfix" hit the server, which shifted focus from avoidable flak bursts to unavoidable continuous dps. Which is high enough to make any attempts to attack non IJN ships hard.

If you're still determined, go IJN as they still have superior torpedo bombers and due to 30% dmg reduction during attack run, which is the longest on TB and on Hakuryu, which still retain 8km aerial torps and ability to stealth torp. And if crap hit the fan, you still can stealth spot with TB if you spec for camo.

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
3,701 posts
4,021 battles
20 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Cheers!

I have a Langley. If your bloodpressure is OK then you can take one and start. 

Because you will need to swallow plenty loads of salt playing that thing. 

My div mate has a Hosho. It is marginally better. Maybe 75% the salt.

So far, the end result seems to be the IJN ones staying better... dunno about RN CVs yet.

I can do 'well above server average' in that Langley, even then I'll end up somewhere halfway the player-list after game.

The max I ever got is 35k damage - server average being 15... next game I did 40k in T4DD Iziyaslav. :Smile_trollface:

If they find out where you hide, you are toast (good luck running away...ehh... crawling... ehh.. whatever).

But, I do find them 'quite entertaining'... :Smile_teethhappy:

[H-M-S]
Players
12 posts
8,378 battles

Request full refund of all XP Premium Camo and time for T10 IJN cv line because 8.0.1 broke cvs. Essentially you now get 2 attack runs with each plane type then you will have to wait 5 minutes for regen of a full squadron.

1 Cant fly into flak range at all as you will probably lose all planes

2 AA was being fired at 8k from some ships

3 Torp stabilisation takes 5 min so you might get 1 launch starting fro 8k out

4 rocket planes are luck to get to target on 1st run before being destroyed as with AP bombers

In effect you have 6 strike runs with all planes before being reduced to spotter wit a single plane in squadron while you wait for Regen 

No thanks its not fun refund required

Players
2,521 posts
7,901 battles

I have all CV's, but only played a handful of them at the moment before i sell them probably. The Kaga gets battered now (MM), Not played the Saipan, GZ or Enterprise yet. 

I personally like the Midway better. :cap_tea:

Don't underestimate the power of fire.  The IJN torps do pitiful damage, but a well dropped HE bombs from the Midway can cause 10k Damage. US rockets are better too.  Fire! They also have more HP to spot for your team, which is the biggest factor for these new CV's.  I have won the majority of my games in a Midway simply by spotting their DD's up and either killing them (rockets) or our team doing it for me. 

Your fighters are also better and will beat the Haka ones, leaving one cap completely lit up whilst you light up the other one.

People are playing the Haka more because of the torp spam, which is easy, half effective but brain numbly boring.  It's going to be fixed anyway but WG will as ever, screw that up.

Either way i'm selling up before the end of the time. 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,165 battles

I like the USN ones better tbh. IJN CVs are overspecialized in killing capital ships. They're really good at it to be sure, but that won't necessarily win you games.

And really, when it comes to hurting cruisers and BBs USN are no slouches either.

Haven't played the Saipan yet but she seems to rack up pretty good stats.

Enterprise is a monster currently. Not easy to play but extremely effective if you can unleash her full potential.

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
47 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Enterprise is a monster currently. Not easy to play but extremely effective if you can unleash her full potential.

Is Enterprise captain still usable for CVs?

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
1 hour ago, Seiranko said:

If you mean AL one, I don't see reason why not. If you mean using Midway captain on Enterprise, again, why not.

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

If you mean AL one, I don't see reason why not. If you mean using Midway captain on Enterprise, again, why not.

Voice lines. New CVs would require new voice lines.

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
3 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Hipper works just fine so far, no idea what is she talking about tho. if anything Arpeggio could use some extra lines.

[ONE2]
Players
2,878 posts
16,793 battles

Weel @Blixies, since it now seems that sh*it has indeed hit the fan with all the CV rework fallout coming in and panic patches and flurry of nerfs and derps ongoing all over the place. It would seem to me that this is not a good time to start playing CV's at all. If you like them, you will be disappointed on the next patch, if you don't you will be disappointed now. So my honest advice at this point would be to hold it off for a while on both ship lines and wait until the dust settles a bit first. Then, once the CV play has been firmly settled you could give it a whirl. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Hipper works just fine so far, no idea what is she talking about tho. if anything Arpeggio could use some extra lines.

Hipper on GZ?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,771 posts
5,007 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Weel @Blixies, since it now seems that sh*it has indeed hit the fan with all the CV rework fallout coming in and panic patches and flurry of nerfs and derps ongoing all over the place. It would seem to me that this is not a good time to start playing CV's at all. If you like them, you will be disappointed on the next patch, if you don't you will be disappointed now. So my honest advice at this point would be to hold it off for a while on both ship lines and wait until the dust settles a bit first. Then, once the CV play has been firmly settled you could give it a whirl. :Smile_Default:

A sound advice. I will follow it. Thanks.

Players
6,868 posts
8,719 battles
1 minute ago, Seiranko said:

Hipper on GZ?

Spoiler

shot-19-02-07-12-09-15-0324.jpg

her voiceover for all ships

Players
541 posts
1,924 battles
9 minutes ago, Seiranko said:

Admittedly I only played a couple of CV battles on live pre-work, and a bunch on PTS at various times (which convinced me not to try on live) – but it seems to me that there are no new voice lines; they're just using the same ones as pre-0.8.0.

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
9 posts
4,699 battles

Don't play any 8.0.1 has killed it

I get that The F spam key was abused by a majority

They have slammed a nerf so powerful on a carrier that they are now unplayable and the dismay across players is here yet again and we all go back to same boring format where there is no carrier in games.

At least with a nerf why don't you buff the aircraft re-supply time its too slow, i feel now that the update is now worse than carrier pre-8.0.0 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,165 battles
9 hours ago, Seiranko said:

Works pretty well, yeah.

Spoiler

CV best cap contester now btw. :Smile_trollface:

They didn't record any new voice lines for the regular nations either and just edited the old ones. Same thing with the AL captains.

• Cool 1

Players
5,435 posts
6,709 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Works pretty well, yeah.

Hide contents

CV best cap contester now btw. :Smile_trollface:

They didn't record any new voice lines for the regular nations either and just edited the old ones. Same thing with the AL captains.

Good to see they put in at least the effort to recycle and restructure voice lines to make it work.

Players
1,077 posts
8,084 battles

I only really have experience from Tiers 6 and 8, but among those ships USN seems more straight-forward to use.

You have useful bombs, useful rockets, and useful torps. All provide a souce of damage-over-time, so you can stack those, or just choose based on what plane is available or based on target. I found Ranger a very comfortable place to stop for a while, to learn to play the new CV's.

The Enterprise and Kaga are kind of interesting as they kinda give you a taste of the other tree -- as Enterprise gets AP bombs and Kaga conversely gets the HE bombs.

7 hours ago, DrunkBritain said:

Don't play any 8.0.1 has killed it

I get that The F spam key was abused by a majority

They have slammed a nerf so powerful on a carrier that they are now unplayable and the dismay across players is here yet again and we all go back to same boring format where there is no carrier in games.

At least with a nerf why don't you buff the aircraft re-supply time its too slow, i feel now that the update is now worse than carrier pre-8.0.0 

TBH I barely noticed the difference 8.0.1 vs. 8.0.0 on my Ranger.

Sign in to follow this