You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RektByViper

The new CVs need a change.. this is not a fun game anymore

13 comments in this topic

[NEKO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
2,287 battles

Been playing this game since CBT. Never since that time have I not enjoyed playing this game seriously. In fact im going to top that the only game I have not enjoyed playing as bad as this now. The new CVs are toxic. There is no other ways to put it. The constant barrage of onslaught which you have no real protection except RNG. Playing my Des moinz some what AA spec and two tier 10 CVs 3 attack runs and im dead 3-4 mins into the game. Now if that is fun then I do not even want to know what is worse than that. It needs to change. Who thought having unlimited planes and then no down time was a good idea. its like a BB being able to pump rounds every 5 seconds just imagine that. It is getting to the point now that game after game I just want to delete the game even after my hours I have put into it. 

Now I want answers who actually likes the change? and if not then why not talk to the customers and act? 

Below is a poll please just take a second and answer.

https://linkto.run/p/62XJFWVL

Thanks

• Boring 2

[BUSHI]
[BUSHI]
Players
132 posts
7,577 battles

As a BB/CA player I like the rework, at least compared to what we had previously. I don't even have to run Def AA on any ship now, back then it was suicidal (or just losing 30k through defAA anyway to AP bombs)

I find the AA mechanic more rewarding, even though I'm not really doing anything. LOS on planes is also a nice change.

DDs got kinda shafted, but I stopped playing them a while ago, because of radar spam and not CVs.

CV gameplay on the other hand got even more boring, just thinking about it makes me wanna womit. So repetitive. And it's even more boring to watch. I'm seriously puzzled how people can play that, ignoring the sad haku farmers.

But we no longer have to deal with the retardation that previous CVs were, so it's a great success in my book.

• Cool 3

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
168 posts
8,277 battles

i would just like to have manual controlled flak, something like the AA guns in BF or something simular. its the dice rolling part i hate.

• Cool 1

[NEKO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
2,287 battles
10 hours ago, Gl0cK_17 said:

i would just like to have manual controlled flak, something like the AA guns in BF or something simular. its the dice rolling part i hate.

Something like Battlestations Pacific or Midway, Forgot which one it was but that was good and then it is player vs player and not player vs AI controlled AA. 

[NEKO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
2,287 battles
11 hours ago, The_Baptist said:

As a BB/CA player I like the rework, at least compared to what we had previously. I don't even have to run Def AA on any ship now, back then it was suicidal (or just losing 30k through defAA anyway to AP bombs)

I find the AA mechanic more rewarding, even though I'm not really doing anything. LOS on planes is also a nice change.

DDs got kinda shafted, but I stopped playing them a while ago, because of radar spam and not CVs.

CV gameplay on the other hand got even more boring, just thinking about it makes me wanna womit. So repetitive. And it's even more boring to watch. I'm seriously puzzled how people can play that, ignoring the sad haku farmers.

But we no longer have to deal with the retardation that previous CVs were, so it's a great success in my book.

The thing is even when I do run a full AA build im not taking many planes down and then its worse than what it was before. Least then I could do something about it then when the first wave was done I had time to try and counter attack their team and fight back however now its constant and I end up just spending my time not being able to do anything and the CV can just shut me out the game. It is even worse when there is 2 of them 

Players
1 post
112 battles

CVs are killing the game. I have no pleasure playing it anymore. No matter what ship you have, or which tier. Where there is a CV, mostly two of them, you do nothing more than trying to dodge torps and dive bombers. In other words, it's boring. Really, I used to play it every day, but now, let's say I have much more pleasure reading a book, rather than being easy target for CVs. For me, it's over. If someone think that the way the game is now is goog, have fun, enjoy it! I am out, and with me, lots of my friends, with the same opinion. 

Players
1,612 posts
6,349 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, mile_janjic sagte:

CVs are killing the game. I have no pleasure playing it anymore. No matter what ship you have, or which tier. Where there is a CV, mostly two of them, you do nothing more than trying to dodge torps and dive bombers. In other words, it's boring. Really, I used to play it every day, but now, let's say I have much more pleasure reading a book, rather than being easy target for CVs. For me, it's over. If someone think that the way the game is now is goog, have fun, enjoy it! I am out, and with me, lots of my friends, with the same opinion. 

You have played 100 battles or is it a different account? ☆

Regardless if you really just started then it's a shame that CVs were the readon to turn you away from the game! ♡

I feel sad for you! ☆♡☆

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
218 posts
8,559 battles
1 hour ago, mile_janjic said:

If you really played only 100 games so far so you are only at 10% of understanding this game and 1% of mastering it. So it's not CVs fault you are being taken down quickly.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,691 posts
On 2/7/2019 at 1:51 AM, RektByViper said:

Been playing this game since CBT.

And thats about where i stop reading everytime i see it. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,728 posts
4,549 battles

Well if WG take CV's out of the game I want some of my money back I have put into getting them, this is so reminiscent of the arty whine threads in WoT's, CV's are here to stay, and I like mine a lot, but you need worry not, I am the self declared king of potatoes, and will probably miss you:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WWGU]
Players
551 posts
10,167 battles
22 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Well if WG take CV's out of the game I want some of my money back I have put into getting them, this is so reminiscent of the arty whine threads in WoT's, CV's are here to stay, and I like mine a lot, but you need worry not, I am the self declared king of potatoes, and will probably miss you:cap_like:

Agree 100%

I am a DD main, secondary CL/CAs but I dabble with BBs and CVs.

I do not have particular issues with CVs when sailing DD/CL/CAs or even BBs.

The new way of playing CVs (T4/6/8) now means that I play a CV out without feeling that I am immediately costing my team the game. Yes I struggle to get as much damage on the results as I can with anything else, but I am contributing.

Yes if a good/great CV player decides to take you out - you're history, but is that really any different from what it was previously?

And as for no defence except RNG. If you play DDs or CLs then at any time you can be "Blatted" by those with Bigger Guns. If a Scharnhorst/Alaska /Azuma/Moskva/etc want you gone, the chances are you will be gone sooner than if a CV wants you gone. Yes, you can hope that you can "go invisible" but surface spotting ranges are bigger than air spotting ranges but you have little defence.

And as for the CVs back every 30 seconds, manoeuvring like Mario Karts, as some people claim, I challenge them to try it, try a CV and see just how difficult it is. It might even help you work out what you need to do to fight back against the planes.

Edited by Cambera_1
Clarity and Punctuation
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
202 posts
917 battles

It would take alot of effort for another CV to take you out especially in Tiers 4-8.  If you are in the JPN CV you can hide quite well and have good AA and if you are in the Ranger you have HP out of your butt and very good AA...so yeah let him go after you while you send his teammates to the bottom of the sea.