Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LoliWolf

"Progressive AA Effectiveness Increase" - AA Rebalance Idea

1 comment in this topic

[LUZ]
Players
25 posts
6,039 battles

(This idea came to me after few games in Kii where I was unable to shoot down T8 striking aircraft even tho Kii is supposed to be AA fortress.)

We all know post CV rework AA sucks. It's way too unreliable, RNG and honestly sometimes doesn't even make a bit of sense. With new Hot-fix on horizon that will resolve F spamming CV players that make their planes invulnerable a few other issues (even tho there's ton of them... expected after such a big rework) an idea came to me.

Progressive AA Effectiveness Increase

What does it mean? Good question: With patch 0.8.0 whole AA system was reworked. It's now based very much on RNG and all you can do is manually reinforce AA sectors which is a nice feature but really impractical as when player is in heat of the battle he doesn't really have time to reinforce those sectors, not to mention time delay is massive and AA zones don't overlap (doesn't make any sense as even overlapping long range AA with 50% de-buff would be nice...)

So I came up with an idea, what if AA "automatically" becomes more accurate and efficient the longer planes spend in your sectors?

This is problem that I found out DDs face the most, rocket planes made their strike and are turning to make another (most of the time in AA sector of said destroyer) but DD player can't do anything and slowly gets chunked to death by 3k rocket volleys.

This is my concept to solve the problem....

DD: 1% for each second spend in AA sector of said destroyer, that makes 30% Buff to AA defenses for 30 seconds spent in AA zone.

CA/CL: 0.75% for each second spend in AA sector of said cruiser, that makes 22.5% Buff to AA defenses for 30 seconds spent in AA zone.

BB: 0.50% for each second spend in AA sector of said battleship, that makes 15% Buff to AA defenses for 30 seconds spent in AA zone.

CV: 0.25% for each second spend in AA sector of said carrier, that makes 7.5% Buff to AA defenses for 30 seconds spent in AA zone.

But what if CV leaves the AA sector and returns few seconds later?

Easy, there will be 10% De-Buff for every 10 seconds CV planes spend outside of active AA range of said ship.

Tell me what you think, is it worth looking into or it's just garbage concept that won't work?

(all values are not definite and can be easily changed)

Sign in to follow this