Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Negativvv

RN CVs very soon?

16 comments in this topic

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Well the PTS says 0.8.1 will feature RN CVs.

Am I missing something?

Why is a brand new tech tree line being introduced when it is immediately clear to everyone that the CV Rework is a massive work in progress and not ready??

WG looking to get paid?

Do they want us to blow FXP on them despite the entire CV play style being up for potentially big changes?

Or are they just hoping for the best and have no real roadmap?

[CATS]
Players
18,879 posts
12,052 battles

Because patches are planned months in advance.

And some people wait for UK CV...

[SM0KE]
Players
3,268 posts
8,319 battles
25 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Do they want us to blow FXP on them despite the entire CV play style being up for potentially big changes?

I think they're hoping for cold hard cash - up to T8 is available via loot containers, it seems...

[TRID]
Players
104 posts
3,955 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Because patches are planned months in advance.

And some people wait for UK CV...

So because they're planned months in advance they'll have contingencies right, you know say if a significant rework still required changes to be made and thus requiring introduction of a new line to be postponed...right?

Or does that sound too much like planning months in advance?

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,784 posts
16,171 battles

Afaik RN CVs are planned for 0.8.2 which was projected to be ~2 months away.

[SM0KE]
Players
3,268 posts
8,319 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

I get the impression that 0.8.2 is the 'full' release, whereas 0.8.1 gets 'early release' - you can bag T4,6, and 8 via some new currency or other (https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-081/).

Besides extracting money from people for loot containers, and the lack of the ability to burn free xp, I'm not entirely certain (beyond the lack of the T10) what the functional difference actually is...

[CATS]
Players
18,879 posts
12,052 battles
10 minutes ago, TheAlba2014 said:

So because they're planned months in advance they'll have contingencies right, you know say if a significant rework still required changes to be made and thus requiring introduction of a new line to be postponed...right?

Or does that sound too much like planning months in advance?

They probably have.

But they also have planned to fix upcomming issues in 4-5 weeks.

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,108 posts
8,574 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

0.8.1 Alaska

0.8.2 RN CV

0.8.3 Russian BB?

Weekend Tester
810 posts

They've been nerfed already, their torps travel at 35 kts,crazy. I think they got to watch what they do or they will make the cv unplayable for a lot of ppl, its not as if they do a lot of damage wi torps I mean the max damage you can do is 5.5k  with the ranger torps, so you would need bout -33 to do same amount of damage of a jap torp, and lest face launching 2 a time just ain't going to do it, I know unicoms can do all sort of things wi their ships but for the majority of us its hard to get a decent score, so they will have to watch what their doing, or this could spell the end of the cv in wows.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
55 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I think they're hoping for cold hard cash - up to T8 is available via loot containers, it seems...

Are you sure? They are announced to be available for Crowns and Florins while the loot crates can contain missions rewarding you with Edinburgh or one of three RN premium BBs (Hood, DoY, Vanguard).

Even if getting your hands on the new branch is going to be tied to crates, it should be indirectly (getting Florins out of crates and buying ships for that currency).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
58 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It might be both. 8.1 seems to give you the chance to buy (for event currency) CVs of tier 4, 6 and 8. Then the next patch would see the full release of the branch. Just like with RN DDs, only this time it's less about luck whether you get a ship (you need to accumulate special currency rather than hope for a specific mission from a crate).

[SM0KE]
Players
3,268 posts
8,319 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Are you sure? They are announced to be available for Crowns and Florins while the loot crates can contain missions rewarding you with Edinburgh or one of three RN premium BBs (Hood, DoY, Vanguard).

Even if getting your hands on the new branch is going to be tied to crates, it should be indirectly (getting Florins out of crates and buying ships for that currency).

Not sure, but it does say that Florins come from containers (Crowns from directives), so it smells a lot like the quickest way to get the RN CVs will be to throw money at the problem...

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,095 posts
6,323 battles

I also suspect that having "early access but subject to change before full release" gives them a chance to test them with the general population

• Cool 2

Players
6,894 posts
8,738 battles
29 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Not sure, but it does say that Florins come from containers (Crowns from directives), so it smells a lot like the quickest way to get the RN CVs will be to throw money at the problem...

Its not like it wasn't the case for RN derpstroyers...

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
3,710 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

I get the impression that 0.8.2 is the 'full' release, whereas 0.8.1 gets 'early release' - you can bag T4,6, and 8 via some new currency or other (https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/bulletin-081/).

Besides extracting money from people for loot containers, and the lack of the ability to burn free xp, I'm not entirely certain (beyond the lack of the T10) what the functional difference actually is...

:Smile_trollface: 

I was reading that, and thinking "finally I have a ship that I can complete a mission with", and then it dawned on me...

I'll just grind the ships as per usual, I guess, and the camo... man it's an eyesore. Looks like some icecream van.

On the other hand, that's as salty as they get....

movie_stills_borat_ice+cream+truck.jpg

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,206 battles
6 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Well the PTS says 0.8.1 will feature RN CVs.

Am I missing something?

Why is a brand new tech tree line being introduced when it is immediately clear to everyone that the CV Rework is a massive work in progress and not ready??

WG looking to get paid?

Or are they just hoping for the best and have no real roadmap?

It still was 0.7.12 when they announced:

• 0.8.1 is the start of the 3 month RN CV arc with the pre-release of RN CVs. You can get t4, t6 and t8 before their release
  • 0.8.2 is the actual release of RN CVs

This is also why CCs have been playing them lately

5 hours ago, kfa said:

0.8.3 Russian BB?

Should be around May / June, at least according to the "plan" leaked some time mid-last year, altho that seems a bit fast being just around 0.8.5. Don't have a link to it anymore sadly enough, so can't say accurately what it was.

Going by that same plan in autumn we should get RM CAs as the 3rd & last new line this year

Sign in to follow this