GuderianDK

Game not really fun anymore after carrierrework

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
130 posts
5,970 battles

After the carrierrework I tend to stop playing after one or two games. Its simply not any fun anymore. I have done nothing but avoiding airattacks after the update - carriers are too dominant and staying all together is not fun - most games I have played now are two big clumps of ships, hesitant of going anywhere. If this continues I think I'll look for another game... 

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
168 posts
8,277 battles

ohwell maybe the hotfix makes flanking possible again. least we get a extra weekend to try specs and setups

[BUSHI]
Players
3,627 posts
18,614 battles

From CV experience playing US IV - VI tiers) to make any serious damage - about 40-70k, you should have at least 60% hit ratio and ballanced game. Some problems ? Puny 20-30K on the table. So low tiers are ballanced rather well.

[BODEM]
Players
458 posts
5,346 battles
4 hours ago, Odo_Toothless said:

From CV experience playing US IV - VI tiers) to make any serious damage - about 40-70k, you should have at least 60% hit ratio and ballanced game. Some problems ? Puny 20-30K on the table. So low tiers are ballanced rather well.

I agree. CVs are a lot harder to be competent with than the other classes in these tiers. 

15 hours ago, GuderianDK said:

After the carrierrework I tend to stop playing after one or two games. Its simply not any fun anymore. I have done nothing but avoiding airattacks after the update - carriers are too dominant and staying all together is not fun - most games I have played now are two big clumps of ships, hesitant of going anywhere. If this continues I think I'll look for another game... 

The staying together part is what the game needed imo as that, including focus fire, makes for a strong group. Oldskool gameplay when CVs were still played regularly included aa focused ships screening others from aircraft. I'm glad they brought that back and CVs promoting teamplay again. Now it's not the task of DDs contesting caps on their own anymore, but for the whole team together to actively take caps. Sure, it takes a few tweaks here and there to balance things out, but I think overall, this CV rework worked out just fine. Even at high tier, I don't really notice the difference. Not even with Kitakaze and Jutland.