Sign in to follow this  
Beastofwar

Tiny Tim accuracy as intended ?

5 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I understand Tiny Tim rockets are not intended to fire into DD and as a result accuracy won't allow for that save for a very lucky hit. But when fired on cruisers and even large battleships,  and broadside and maximum slowed down,  they fly off everywhere and practically cannot be aimed. If they do even hit, they cause so little damage that smaller rockets seem to be a far better idea as they at least hit and often set them on fire. On top of that ofcourse the fighters are easily wiped out by continuous AA damage as their small health pool  cannot handle being near large ships. Will be even worse after the hotfix !

What is the point with these Tiny Tims, as fighters are already squishy to attack large ships with to begin with and have a very low chance to hit rewarding at least some of the effort ?

Giving more reliable accuracy to hit large targets for Tiny Tims would take some pressure off DD as there is another target to damage or sink when using ( or having to use as other aircraft are on CD ) fighters , giving them some more breath. I'm ofcourse not suggesting more accurate heavier rockets to kill DD with easier.

I'm sure server stats will show Tiny Tims being an unsatisfactory, very inaccurate weapon too. I'm sure the devs didnt want it too accurate, but i think doesnt't do what it is supposed to do.

[TROLL]
Beta Tester
113 posts
4,772 battles

Agree to this. Tiny tims should over pen DDs so they are more usefull against CAs and BBs. Now i totally agree that they need to be more accurate, because Hvar spam is currently 100% more effective.

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
1 hour ago, UltraViking said:

Agree to this. Tiny tims should over pen DDs so they are more usefull against CAs and BBs. Now i totally agree that they need to be more accurate, because Hvar spam is currently 100% more effective.

Always overpen DD, i havent even thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

In that case there is no issue making Tiny Tim's more accurate, as it will be of no use firing on other then big armoured  targets anyway. As much as need to according to server stats the devs with no doubt have. Not asking for guided missiles...but usable unguided ones.

[DAVY]
Beta Tester
168 posts
8,277 battles

is it not intended as the identity of the line? the US ones shotgun style with more weapons per attack and the IJN ones having less weapons but better accuracy?

[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
8 hours ago, Gl0cK_17 said:

is it not intended as the identity of the line? the US ones shotgun style with more weapons per attack and the IJN ones having less weapons but better accuracy?

You only fire 2 per fighter and only 2 fighters attack ( from Lex that is ) .......so you shoot a salvo of 4 that go off asif you were a  gangsta rapper shooting a handgun upside down.....not hitting anything intendend.

Now maybe that is very "US" style nowadays, but i learned to actually aim before shooting and hit the target.....i would like to be able to do that with Tiny Tims too....

If the pilot were to thow a rock out of his opened cockpit he probably would hit.....thats how inaccurate it is now. On top of that when 1 missile hits, it does very, very low damage. One would prefer firing smaller rockets in any situation, especially when they cause fire too. With smaller rockets 6 fo them often seem to hit on large targets, for minor but noticable damage. These however are better spend on "discouraging" enemy DD to cap.And even then DD seem to explode from other things then rockets when i obeserved.

Sign in to follow this