Jump to content
Migantium_Mashum

Who has closed their wallet because of 8.0?

Have you stopped spending on the game:  

106 members have voted

  1. 1. How does 8.0 affect you?

    • Wallet closed forever, WG have totally turned me off spending on the game.
      19
    • Wallet closed until they remove the 8.0 CV rework.
      41
    • Wallet closed until they make the rework fair for everyone.
      29
    • None of the above happy to still spend money on the game.
      13
    • None of the above I never spend anything anyway.
      4

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,284 posts
9,518 battles

I have a simple question.

 

I would be interested to know who now refuses to part with their cash for this game post 8.0 rework?

 

No more premium time, no more ships, no more crates, no more doubloons... the whole job lot.

 

Start with me.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts

I just bought a months premium account as i am very satisfied and want to play more intensively for a while. I read about the hotfix and there is nothing that will ruiin this either, didn't abuse "F" anyway as i want to turn around and attack again, and again, and again. This gives more damage per time spend  then having to fly all over maps for every single attack anyway. I am a bit worried about more continuous medium/short range AA damage as i am flying in there most of the time and there is no dodging that damage. But i will adapt and i sail other ships too so i will benefit from this as well.

 

I have bought several premium ships and will do so in future if i really like them, their RL history, special features, or be able to play in operations that  my tech tree ships cannot enter because they have progressed or are not there yet. Not need to have OP features at all. 

 

But i never buy gamble chests....want a product i like for my money, not a (nasty) surprise.

 

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,284 posts
9,518 battles
9 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Essentially the same complaint as https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/112605-a-letter-to-wg/ just with an added poll.

 

 

Being repetitive is bad, mkay.

I do understand your point but this is not the same as the letter to WG.

 

As WG like to ignore advice, feedback, letters etc etc and after I went through the other forums, with Google Translate, I found so many people saying that they will stop spending on the game.

 

WG needs money to move forwards, to survive, so this specific poll is to show WG what they have lost directly because of the rework...

 

People have 5 choices and I hope people vote as they feel...

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
897 posts
6,230 battles

I was not surprised to find a poll in this thread, considering the thread title ""Who has closed their wallet because of 8.0?"

I was not surprised to find no answer which offers a choice for "Spenders" :D

Nonetheless, I understand the possible frustration. More balancing patches will surely come, its just a matter of time.

There is always the opportunity to post constructive ideas and gameplay ideas into the forum. IMHO it is a missed opportunity not to do it, as then there is only the constructive readable content from other contributors for WG developer staff to read. In my opinion, it is a good strategy in life to turn anger into positive output or to find a solution which is positive for the own health - My 50 cents, its my philosophy.

IMHO, in this case, its either providing suggestions what needs to be changed, continue to be playing the game or perhaps to have a break until more patches have arrived which suit the own preference - If the gameplay anger is too big. Im looking forward to play the game with the ten thousand`s on the weekend, not only as CV.

 

Anyways, free beer for all - Happy (future) WoWs for all :)

 

:cap_popcorn:

 

  1. 1. How does 8.0 affect you?

    • Wallet closed forever, WG have totally turned me off spending on the game.
    • Wallet closed until they remove the 8.0 CV rework.
    • Wallet closed until they make the rework fair for everyone.
    • None of the above happy to still spend money on the game.
    • None of the above I never spend anything anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,254 posts
7,288 battles

Me... Mainly due the fact I have no reason to play this game anymore, except Narai and Cherry blossom operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
93 posts
2,597 battles
3 hours ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I bought 1 year premium before this fun fest CV rework.

 

giphy.gif

Same. I am going to think twice before I am going to buy another ship from the store though. CV's were ruined, I had 3 prem cv's. Redeemed them. Guilio Caesare is going to be bumped to tier 6. Without any reasonable buffs. See that ship going up against tier 8? I think not.

Premium ships are no longer what they were. You buy one thing, and you get another in the end. That is lying to/deceaving your customers.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FRODO]
Players
140 posts
5,627 battles
5 hours ago, puffpuff134 said:

I was not surprised to find a poll in this thread, considering the thread title ""Who has closed their wallet because of 8.0?"

I was not surprised to find no answer which offers a choice for "Spenders" :D

Nonetheless, I understand the possible frustration. More balancing patches will surely come, its just a matter of time.

There is always the opportunity to post constructive ideas and gameplay ideas into the forum. IMHO it is a missed opportunity not to do it, as then there is only the constructive readable content from other contributors for WG developer staff to read. In my opinion, it is a good strategy in life to turn anger into positive output or to find a solution which is positive for the own health - My 50 cents, its my philosophy.

IMHO, in this case, its either providing suggestions what needs to be changed, continue to be playing the game or perhaps to have a break until more patches have arrived which suit the own preference - If the gameplay anger is too big. Im looking forward to play the game with the ten thousand`s on the weekend, not only as CV.

 

Anyways, free beer for all - Happy (future) WoWs for all :)

 

:cap_popcorn:

 

  1. 1. How does 8.0 affect you?

    • Wallet closed forever, WG have totally turned me off spending on the game.
    • Wallet closed until they remove the 8.0 CV rework.
    • Wallet closed until they make the rework fair for everyone.
    • None of the above happy to still spend money on the game.
    • None of the above I never spend anything anyway.

 

I suggest that you have a look at choice Nr. 4 in the Poll.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
9 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have a simple question.

 

I would be interested to know who now refuses to part with their cash for this game post 8.0 rework?

 

No more premium time, no more ships, no more crates, no more doubloons... the whole job lot.

 

Start with me.

 

What a useful and totally unbiased poll....

 

 

Just wow 

 

Btw if I close my wallet then because of the idiotic “hotfix” / CV nerf bat 0.8.0.1

 

 

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,284 posts
9,518 battles
49 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

What a useful and totally unbiased poll....

 

 

Just wow 

 

Btw if I close my wallet then because of the idiotic “hotfix” / CV nerf bat 0.8.0.1

 

 

Well, I was wondering how long it would be before you put in your two penneth...  to date 42 people have voted and so far the people who are happy to carry on spending are in the minority...

 

Just out of interest have you gone through the other forums aside from the English forum?

I did last night with my Google Translate.. it does seem that there are more people in the forums who don't like the rework than those that do..

 

But you can continue to be the advocate for the rework.. your opinion is just as welcome, honest.

 

Numbers don't lie...that is the one good thing about them and they are not blinded nor biased... I wonder how much money this rework is going to cost WG?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Well, I was wondering how long it would be before you put in your two penneth...  to date 42 people have voted and so far the people who are happy to carry on spending are in the minority...

 

Just out of interest have you gone through the other forums aside from the English forum?

I did last night with my Google Translate.. it does seem that there are more people in the forums who don't like the rework than those that do..

 

But you can continue to be the advocate for the rework.. your opinion is just as welcome, honest.

 

Numbers don't lie...that is the one good thing about them and they are not blinded nor biased... I wonder how much money this rework is going to cost WG?

 

Well here I am - not gonna let you down on this :-)

 

See opinions on this a different - fine.

 

My big problem are not so much the 3.5 People who don’t like the new mechanics because they liked the old RTS style. Here you are right - numbers don’t lie - of so few people play it there needs to be something done.

 

 

No, my problem are the CV haters who keep crawling out of their holes left, right and center. I get the difference to before - before the rework there were so few carriers there was nothing to worry about apart from a few dev strikes once in a blue moon.

 

Now there are carriers - which is a good thing and now these CV haters are screaming and jumping like hell because their precious Battleships and Destroyers get their paint scratched. If you don’t believe me - just count the posts asking to completely remove CVs.

 

 

It is pathetic really 

  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,284 posts
9,518 battles
1 minute ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Well here I am - not gonna let you down on this :-)

 

See opinions on this a different - fine.

 

My big problem are not so much the 3.5 People who don’t like the new mechanics because they liked the old RTS style. Here you are right - numbers don’t lie - of so few people play it there needs to be something done.

 

 

No, my problem are the CV haters who keep crawling out of their holes left, right and center. I get the difference to before - before the rework there were so few carriers there was nothing to worry about apart from a few dev strikes once in a blue moon.

 

Now there are carriers - which is a good thing and now these CV haters are screaming and jumping like hell because their precious Battleships and Destroyers get their paint scratched. If you don’t believe me - just count the posts asking to completely remove CVs.

 

 

It is pathetic really 

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't hate CV's at all..before the rework anyway.

 

In fact as a DD main I used to love them.. once the capping, killing was done I went hunting them and successfully to.

 

If I was killed by one, cross drop, bombs etc etc I always complimented...because it took a good CV to kill me...

 

Anyway you're totally avoiding the point of the post... the majority don't like the rework and the numbers prove it..on my post and in many others on this and other forums...it's going to cost WG revenue and they seriously need revenue to pay the clowns who thought up this rework ignoring advice from testers as they went along...

 

Pathetic is not acknowledging you made a big mistake and driving away those that give you income...those you rely on for survival.

 

I cannot help it if you don't understand economics...WG need money and no money equates to no WG..no game.

 

But, anyway you be happy with it for as long as it lasts..

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Players
248 posts
13,328 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

What a useful and totally unbiased poll....

 

 

Just wow 

 

...

 

 

Er!? All the possible options are there.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4 posts
2,713 battles

Well, I loved playing CVs but always hated it when I ran out of planes while DDs never seem to run out of torpedoes.

In real life all warships run out of ammunition sooner or later - especially destroyers could only carry a very limited supply of torpedoes (see battle of Narvik).

Also the barrels of the big guns need to be replaced after a while because they wear out rather quickly. And that doesn't take a few minutes either.

Nevertheless nobody would advocate that all ships should only have a limited number of rounds they can fire or torpedoes they can launch (the smaller the ship the less ammunition they carry?).

So I find it only fair that a CV also can keep on fighting even though it lost a lot of planes. And if they get shot down too often it takes longer for the next squad to be available anyway.

The only reason I stopped using CVs is that I cannot seem to get to grips with the new controls of aircraft. I really admire the guys that can, though!

As far as AA goes I now actually shoot down more planes with battleships and cruisers than ever before.

You simply steer towards incoming torpedo bombers like before and they will find it rather hard to hit you.

And now you also only have to deal with one squad per cv at a time while before you could get them coming in from all sides at once.

Especially when the team's own cv had been sunk or deplaned.

Furthermore it is now no longer a waste of credits and/or signals to trim my ships for AA while before I encountered a CV in maybe only 20% of battles.

So I think that the cv rework has made the game more interesting.

But I still wouldn't spend real money on a "free" computer game.

I reckon they should do what they do in many smart-phone games and give you 5 dublones for watching advertising once an hour or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
7 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Sorry to burst your bubble but I don't hate CV's at all..before the rework anyway.

 

In fact as a DD main I used to love them.. once the capping, killing was done I went hunting them and successfully to.

 

If I was killed by one, cross drop, bombs etc etc I always complimented...because it took a good CV to kill me...

 

Anyway you're totally avoiding the point of the post... the majority don't like the rework and the numbers prove it..on my post and in many others on this and other forums...it's going to cost WG revenue and they seriously need revenue to pay the clowns who thought up this rework ignoring advice from testers as they went along...

 

Pathetic is not acknowledging you made a big mistake and driving away those that give you income...those you rely on for survival.

 

I cannot help it if you don't understand economics...WG need money and no money equates to no WG..no game.

 

But, anyway you be happy with it for as long as it lasts..

 

Well either way. If you really think that 54 are “numbers” I can’t help you. Cheers.

  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,284 posts
9,518 battles
5 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

 

Well either way. If you really think that 54 are “numbers” I can’t help you. Cheers.

 

Let's have a lesson in economics.. so far 46 players on my poll have said that they have closed their wallets... I know personally of another 15 but they are not part of this poll and only 1 uses the forum.

 

So working on the 46, a single months premium for this game is £8.32.. now let's multiply that by 46 and we get £ 382.72... so right now in membership WG has lost £382.72 every month.......

For the year that is £ 4,592.64 and then look around the other forums and see how many other people refuse to spend any money.. and dear MK that's just premium time it excludes ships, doubloons, crates, gifts etc etc etc...

 

As I said, this rework by WG has upset a lot of people and again, quoting numbers, only 12.5% of those who took part in my poll are happy to continue spending money with 5.3% who never spend anything at all and combined (answers 1-3) 46% are not prepared to spend any money...

 

If this plays out the same across all of the players on all the other forums then WG have made a real serious blunder for any business a 46% drop in revenue is a disaster.

 

So @1MajorKoenig if you really understand economics and opinion polls you have nothing to say worth listening to... I'll see you in my next thread I am sure.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,200 posts

You have no idea how many users who voted actually paid before. That you gave them the last option doesn't mean they used it.

Also 56 user votes are not a representitive mass for the WoWs community. They might be if they were randomly picked from the recurrent spenders of the whole community pool. But they are not.

Wargaming will have the real numbers. The best you'll ever have is guesses. And the best you can ever do with your guesses is to spread FUD.

 

In short: Your calculations, right now, are worthless. They are based purely on assumptions. You have no clue what those voters spend.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
7,523 posts
5,751 battles
1 hour ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

So @1MajorKoenig if you really understand economics and opinion polls you have nothing to say worth listening to... I'll see you in my next thread I am sure.

 

Your little Pony world might be as easy but reality is not.

 

However - see you in the next thread bud 

 

 

EDIT: plus you should buy @Egoleter a beer for explaining you some basics 

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
[BHSFL]
Players
1,925 posts
12 hours ago, meckif_iron said:

As far as AA goes I now actually shoot down more planes with battleships and cruisers than ever before.

You simply steer towards incoming torpedo bombers like before and they will find it rather hard to hit you.

 

 

Yes that works very well, and even better after te hotfix as turning after you start attack run wil have your torpoes go everywhere exept where you want them. Oddily enough that often causes hits that would miss when aimed, but oh well....most can eat a single torpedo with little damage.

 

many in forum complain ( me too now ) but in game you see a lot of skilled players performing well despite all. I salute them. :Smile_glasses:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[GB1]
Beta Tester
50 posts
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:47 PM, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I bought 1 year premium before this fun fest CV rework.

 

giphy.gif

I bought a load of premium before 8.0 and then won two crates of premium time but instead of adding the premium time to my account wargaming deleted my existing premium and just gave me what I won so now have less than 24 hours I have submitted a ticket and was effectively told to F'@# off so as of tomorrow if not reimbursed I'm instructing my bank to reclaim the money as currently wargaming are in breach of European consumer protection legislation

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×