You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
almtrain

Ranked t9 - backpaddling Musashis saving stars

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
25 posts
4,580 battles

This happened to me three times now just tonight:

1. Ranked battle starts

2. BB, especially Musashi Player is ultra passive just randomly firing from 20km + not even moving from spawn.

3. I'm in Cruiser alone at mid range 14+ playing normal.

4. Enemy Team fokus me because I#m the only target in range, and bow in musashi sitting at 24km is crap to shoot at.

4. Musashi starts backpaddeling to map border and saves a star just for sucking, firing at random Targets (not killing anyone) and staying a live longest by driving backwards.

5. I lose a star even though I played much more objective fokused & active.

Anyone experiences this a lot, or just my random personal grievance?

• Cool 3

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

This has been normal for a few seasons.

Ranked is heavily rigged for damage. Caps and spotting don't earn you $hit.

A BB can be effective at medium or even longer ranges whilst taking zero risks. They can even twist a game by not offering themselves to tank when they are doing well on damage. This can cause a team to fold and the BB camper to protect their star.

Ranked is a huge frustrating time sink, I'm glad I don't play it anymore. 5 times at R1 is enough for anyone...

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
713 posts

the way how exp is given should be changed or then saving star should only happen in case you get more exp than at least 3rd one from winning team.

• Cool 1

Players
311 posts
14,566 battles

No its fine with it, much better from last season where Conq deal uselless fire dmg and save star, Musashi dmg atleast stay on enemys, much better.

• Bad 3

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
1 hour ago, almtrain said:

This happened to me three times now just tonight:

1. Ranked battle starts

2. BB, especially Musashi Player is ultra passive just randomly firing from 20km + not even moving from spawn.

3. I'm in Cruiser alone at mid range 14+ playing normal.

4. Enemy Team fokus me because I#m the only target in range, and bow in musashi sitting at 24km is crap to shoot at.

4. Musashi starts backpaddeling to map border and saves a star just for sucking, firing at random Targets (not killing anyone) and staying a live longest by driving backwards.

5. I lose a star even though I played much more objective fokused & active.

Anyone experiences this a lot, or just my random personal grievance?

quite frustrating to hear, mushi is an absolute beast at bow tanking. my best game of ranked so far yielded 315k damage and over 4.3m potential damage. these guys camping at 20km must be so desperate....

needless to say...i kept my star by playing quite aggressively and ended up in a pretty tight spot getting cross fired. Mushi can take a real real pounding its not a ship to be camping in at T9 :/

image.thumb.png.db2ed84e4d9c5ad36b2055221cf97ca6.png

damage taken.png

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
474 posts
816 battles

If you find the playstyle of Musashis strange, remember that the IJN BB line is the "long-range snaipah" line full of tomatoes that try to snipe from max range without finding out that RNG beyond 15km [edited] you so hard, you're lucky to land 1 shot out of those 9. Aggressive play such as bow-tanking is VERY far from these people, though not even sure why would you take Musashi in Arms Race, that it is all about DDs, radars, hydro and short to mid-range fights; even 15km is in no way a mid-range fight, and to float around with DDs that could torp wall you back into the port...really?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
25 posts
4,580 battles

Maybee extreme-Long range in combination with super tankyness should be removed from the game. musashi and other bbs just shoot at normal Cruiser ranges. 15-20k. No more [edited] backpaddling max range Gameplay.

[JRM]
Players
6,776 posts
3 hours ago, TheOneAndOnlyGoldstein said:

not even sure why would you take Musashi in Arms Race, that it is all about DDs, radars, hydro and short to mid-range fights; even 15km is in no way a mid-range fight, and to float around with DDs that could torp wall you back into the port...really?

This, so much this

[OCTO]
Players
398 posts
18,571 battles

OP, you have a choice in playing ranked. Either you play it or skip it. BTW, what worth is steel now anyway, with the game appearing to go down the crapper due to a stream of developer 'game improvements/potential balancing' going on atm? Want to play your Stalingrad against bots aka World of Warsh...planes, that is where this game is heading after the events of this month so far. You will be playing against bots by Christmas.

Alpha Tester
474 posts
816 battles
4 hours ago, almtrain said:

Maybee extreme-Long range in combination with super tankyness should be removed from the game. musashi and other bbs just shoot at normal Cruiser ranges. 15-20k. No more [edited] backpaddling max range Gameplay.

Yeah, no, that would be a bad idea.

Just because some players are too chicken and have no clue how to play a ship, or have no idea that the ship is sufficiently tanky to play it more aggressive (and I understand that, bow tanking with any other ship of the IJN line sans the Yamato is near suicide) doesn't mean that automatically the rest, including those who know how to play the ships, get restricted. There is still a reason in long-range firing, it is to scare in early game enemy ships from pushing, or change positions.

Players
7,165 posts
245 battles

They really need to give insentives to reward teamplay and being someone who would rather do things to help the team more than myself, it doesnt help.

i can dream they would fix or do something about this in 8.1 or 8.2 but thats just wishful thinking on my part.

Players
311 posts
14,566 battles

On the other hand you must understand that ship hp repair buff is not fixed but its percent of total hp which make musashi make hilarius heal tank beast since its have 97k hp which mean with 2/6 buff he heal 0,1% which is around 97hp every second, strong point there but lets not forget awsome accurate guns which can overmatch majority at any angle, awsome reload, awsome armor on mid deck which denied any HE pens.

Beta Tester
937 posts
9,693 battles

Yes, backpedaling BB's are normal. They come in every ranked season.

Once you escape out of the dreaded 12-6 bracket, you will start to see much less of them now that most of the parachute ranks are gone, and bad players doesn't get carried to ranks they don't belong in.

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
18 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

the way how exp is given should be changed or then saving star should only happen in case you get more exp than at least 3rd one from winning team.

could be a minimum xp for the losing team members, say you got 1000 base xp you keep your star... but yeah, this dumb system needs a rework....

• Cool 1