Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Grumpy_Shark

MAKE CV's able to only PARTIALY SPOT enemy ships!

21 comments in this topic

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles

*UPDATED*

So the idea is that although the CV player will be able to see and interact with all ships, bomb them rocket them etc their teammates won't be able to target them, just able to "mark" their location on the map.

Just as happens with typhoons when one player is in proximity of a target and he is actually able to target and shoot the enemy ship but his teammates although they "see" his location on their mini-maps they can't target  or actually see that enemy ship in game's window. 

But make torps able to be spotted by planes.  (since removing the spotting ability from CV's planes would affect the teamplay capability of CV's) This way we would take them the spotting but give them something back aka torpedo spotting. 

This will solve any concealment problems the people are complaining about that the CV's spotting is ruining their plays. 

PS: Spotting planes and fighter planes launched by non-CV ships should keep working as it is now so these should be able to spot ships in their proximity. 

• Cool 1

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

I have a better idea: delete CV*.*/ y in the directory using the DOS command. That'll fix all spotting broken issues altogether. When doing so add a direct link to "world of warplanes" so the CV players won't be that heartbroken.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles

I like the new CV change in general. 
I understand though why people and especialy players of DDs feel annoyed. But then again wasn't that happening before already with the old CV's ? Why noone hadn't any problem before? So the solution is quite simple. Make CV's unable to spot ships in general. Only able to make them visible in mini map of fellow players. 

And since this would remove a teamplay ability of CV's we could have planes able to spot torps  (as it used to be) to give some teamplay functionality back to CV's 

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

I didn't think about that kind of idea.. it is actually very interesting, it will lower the overall carrier influence allowing WG to balance them properly... things that are spotted by carrier can only be visible to him or like in the case of radar spotted ships will show up with delay :)

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,393 posts
9,122 battles

Yes, it sounds good, and it certainly seems better than currently, but good players, who are constantly having an eye on their minimap will have a HUGE advantage over the enemy player. I can still "see" the enemies, and plan my moves accordingly, because i know what im up against.

Also, not being able to lock onto something doesnt make it invulnerable :cap_cool:

Spoiler

Kron1.thumb.jpg.9429e5070a515ac31117c37fb4d6034c.jpgKron2.thumb.jpg.f91f4b6522f0081f19102e9921cb2f1d.jpg

Those were consecutive blindshot-kills :cap_popcorn:

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
29 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I have a better idea: delete CV*.*/ y in the directory using the DOS command. That'll fix all spotting broken issues altogether. When doing so add a direct link to "world of warplanes" so the CV players won't be that heartbroken.

Crybabies will be crybabies everywhere.

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
32 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

*UPDATED*

So the idea is that although the CV player will be able to see and interact with all ships, bomb them rocket them etc their teammates won't be able to target them, just able to "mark" their location on the map.

Just as happens with typhoons when one player is in proximity of a target and he is actually able to target and shoot the enemy ship but his teammates although they "see" his location on their mini-maps they can't target  or actually see that enemy ship in game's window. 

But make torps able to be spotted by planes.  (since removing the spotting ability from CV's planes would affect the teamplay capability of CV's) This way we would take them the spotting but give them something back aka torpedo spotting. 

This will solve any concealment problems the people are complaining about that the CV's spotting is ruining their plays. 

PS: Spotting planes and fighter planes launched by non-CV ships should keep working as it is now so these should be able to spot ships in their proximity. 

Rofl "I dont' want CVs to spot me, but I want them to spot stuff that can sink me".

How about they only partially spot torpedoes? How about everyone only "partially" spotting so you'll have to take your ship into their detection range to fire at them?

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,479 battles
24 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

I like the new CV change in general. 
I understand though why people and especialy players of DDs feel annoyed. But then again wasn't that happening before already with the old CV's ? Why noone hadn't any problem before? So the solution is quite simple. Make CV's unable to spot ships in general. Only able to make them visible in mini map of fellow players. 

Before the friendly CV could put planes over you to help. Plus the planes are so fast that they spot everything between their actual target & the CV, so you are spotted much sooner

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes, it sounds good, and it certainly seems better than currently, but good players, who are constantly having an eye on their minimap will have a HUGE advantage over the enemy player. I can still "see" the enemies, and plan my moves accordingly, because i know what im up against.

Also, not being able to lock onto something doesnt make it invulnerable :cap_cool:

Hide contents

Kron1.thumb.jpg.9429e5070a515ac31117c37fb4d6034c.jpgKron2.thumb.jpg.f91f4b6522f0081f19102e9921cb2f1d.jpg

Those were consecutive blindshot-kills :cap_popcorn:

It may happen occasionaly and it is lame. Needs a lot of luck too. Especialy vs a DD.  On the other hand shooting blind will certainly spot YOU to the enemy (unless behind cover towards the possible enemy spotter) and that spotting will be real spotting not partial so be my guest. 
But the solution i propose is good cause it gives functionality to CV's without ruining the life of opponent too much.  Cause i see people being furious about it. And i do not understand where were those people before... I had the same problem also with the old CVs. This solution should have been implemented also to the old CVs. They were even "worse" in that department as they could spot several areas of the map simultaneously. At least now with the new CVs only 1 area is spotted the one the CV player has his active planes on + the occasional fighter consumable area but that lasts only for 60sec covers small area and can be shot down easily. 

Players
6,634 posts
10,873 battles
5 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

On the other hand shooting blind will certainly spot YOU to the enemy (unless behind cover towards the possible enemy spotter) and that spotting will be real spotting not partial so be my guest. 

Does not. You can cleary tell from the pictures.

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles
10 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Before the friendly CV could put planes over you to help. Plus the planes are so fast that they spot everything between their actual target & the CV, so you are spotted much sooner

The friendly CVs fighter planes "that the CV can put over you to help" are not doing much. The fighter plane consumable is the same as the one the other ships launch and is not doing much. So it doesn't "help" so much.  Also you have 3 uses per plane-type per match. 

As of the torpedo spoting via planes (as it used to be before patch it was a secondary thought of mine) Do you disagree with my main idea and why? 

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,479 battles
1 minute ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

As of the torpedo spoting via planes (as it used to be before patch it was a secondary thought of mine) Do you disagree with my main idea and why? 

I think mini map only spotting would certainly be an improvement, probably depends how the radar nerf works.

• Cool 1

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles
11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Just luck and some generic idea where the ship could be. Only a few would try this though. I rarely see that happen. When it does it is lame. But in what sense you disagree with me? I don't get your point.  From what i understand you say : "leave CV plane's spotting as it is because some crazy lucky player might on occasion shoot blind for citadels anyway" ?  And what that proves?  

11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

I know how the spotting mechanic works. If shooting blind didn't reveal you could be because you and enemy ships were not in direct visibility circumstances. So the other people might have been behind cover. Next time you play the ocean map do the same and you will be spotted if enemy ships are within proximity of your max shooting distance. You ll see

Players
6,634 posts
10,873 battles
2 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

Just luck and some generic idea where the ship could be. Only a few would try this though. I rarely see that happen. When it does it is lame. But in what sense you disagree with me? I don't get your point.  From what i understand you say : "leave CV plane's spotting as it is because some crazy lucky player might on occasion shoot blind for citadels anyway" ?  And what that proves?  

Its not luck for some. You still havent payed enough attention to the example posted. Its 2 consecutive salvos and he deleted 2 ships. Trust me - he does this all the time. But im fine with that, w/e, will makes things easier for me... Not as good as him in doing that, but I could show you the same match, a little bit earlier, where I do the same as he does and matter of fact hit the very same Jean Bart, that he kills, while that JB is undetected.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,393 posts
9,122 battles

Actually, WG made that possible by making the O-marker on the minimap. Killing stuff is luck, but damaging them is not. I did cause much more damage by blindfiring in that cyclone, simply because it can be done without retaliation. NOT shooting is actually not an option, why shouldnt i atleast try?

I wouldnt call it lame, i call that skill. Most players simply dont do it, and i dunno why. There is nothing to fear in cyclone. If you are not spotted = you wont be spotted after shooting either.

As i stated in the same post:

- It makes skilled players even better, because they can read the minimap and plan ahead.

- Sitting behind an island with spotter plane can enable you to shoot from stealth at targets spotted on the minimap.

And somehow i think, CVs should spot. If they dont even spot anymore, what good is it for that they are in the game? They are playing totaly on their own then, doing nothing teamplay wise. As you said yourself, the fighter consumable is more of a joke then useful.

Im not really "disagreeing" with your idea - i had the same one actually. But i just didnt think its right, even tho it might be better than currently. The best ways to decrease the spotting mostly ends up with making CVs less fun to play (slower planes or not being able to launch your planes right away at the start of the game). Or ofc lowering plane spotting detection ranges on all ships.

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Its not luck for some. You still havent payed enough attention to the example posted. Its 2 consecutive salvos and he deleted 2 ships. Trust me - he does this all the time. But im fine with that, w/e, will makes things easier for me... Not as good as him in doing that, but I could show you the same match, a little bit earlier, where I do the same as he does and matter of fact hit the very same Jean Bart, that he kills, while that JB is undetected.

In any case. Only a few can do that. Congratulations. You seem to have achieved a level of play that 99,99% will never achieve. This would need though lots of luck in the equation which you waste into this game instead of go play some lucky numbers and win the lottery.Now, jokes apart  the 99,99% of the rest of players can't so this.So the solution i propose will improve people's plays ruined because of CV spotting against the 99,99% of possible enemies seems a solution good enough for me. 

PS and that minimap "mod" that shows in minimap where you are pointing your crosshair is a lame thing and i think it should be abolished from game cause it helps people cheese other people like this.

Players
6,634 posts
10,873 battles

In any case. Only a few can do that. Congratulations. You seem to have achieved a level of play that 99,99% will never achieve. This would need though lots of luck in the equation which you waste into this game instead of go play some lucky numbers and win the lottery.Now, jokes apart  the 99% of the rest of players can't so this.So the solution i propose will improve people's plays ruined because of CV spotting against the 99,99% of possible enemies seems a solution good enough for me. 

Well, not sure if I agree with the 99%, because IMO its more people, that are capable of this. Anyway. In general, im on your page, when it comes to the spotting, since I see this as a problem myself. However - im pretty sure WG will not pay any attention to your suggestion - even if it would be an improvement.Ive spend so many hours discussing CVs in particular over the last years and never did they even concider even one thing, that came from the community. Im 100% positive, the community, when the ideas would have been filtered and tested, would have created RTS CVs, both better then we have now and had before. Im disillusioned, sorry. WG will do, what is best for their wallet. And these CVs will make BBs with  russian style DCP much stronger. Oh, russian BBs soon - what a coincidence, isnt it? So, nothing huge is going to change in the near future, im sure of it.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,393 posts
9,122 battles

PS and that minimap "mod" that shows in minimap where you are pointing your crosshair is a lame thing and i think it should be abolished from game cause it helps people cheese other people like this.

Well, its in the game now...

back before, when it was in the modpack only, i was very vocal about it to remove such a feature from the modpack, because i consider it to be a cheat, since it does give advantages, and not everyone was having access to it. Now thats in the game, ofc you must use it. But im still against it, and i think its not good for the game, as skilled players can abuse it, while others cant.

FYI, this can be done without the marker aswell :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

shot-18_07.24_13_15.14-0417.thumb.jpg.1cfd78774e4efa5b6ffccc29c96e34d9.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
207 posts
15,136 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Actually, WG made that possible by making the O-marker on the minimap. Killing stuff is luck, but damaging them is not. I did cause much more damage by blindfiring in that cyclone, simply because it can be done without retaliation. NOT shooting is actually not an option, why shouldnt i atleast try?

I wouldnt call it lame, i call that skill. Most players simply dont do it, and i dunno why. There is nothing to fear in cyclone. If you are not spotted = you wont be spotted after shooting either.

As i stated in the same post:

- It makes skilled players even better, because they can read the minimap and plan ahead.

- Sitting behind an island with spotter plane can enable you to shoot from stealth at targets spotted on the minimap.

And somehow i think, CVs should spot. If they dont even spot anymore, what good is it for that they are in the game? They are playing totaly on their own then, doing nothing teamplay wise. As you said yourself, the fighter consumable is more of a joke then useful.

Im not really "disagreeing" with your idea - i had the same one actually. But i just didnt think its right, even tho it might be better than currently. The best ways to decrease the spotting mostly ends up with making CVs less fun to play (slower planes or not being able to launch your planes right away at the start of the game). Or ofc lowering plane spotting detection ranges on all ships.

Yes i know all about that "mod" . I think it should be prohibited. I don't think WG when designed the game wanted this to exist. Yeah most people don't do it. You don't see why... Well it feels lame that is why. And i had the mod i think the modstation mod pack has it among it's mods. I used it in a couple of occasions. I never had citadels scored. Some scarce damage here and there. Maybe unlucky. Maybe not skilled enough. But i don't like it. It felt horrible. So i never used it again. I just tried a few times "for the lols" as they say.  But all in all is a lame techique. It is like that other "mod" that is thankfully prohibited that completely tells you were to shoot marks the exact spot with a marker. I saw it on youtube somewhere... 

All in all anything that helps your targetting with something visualy not into the original game should be prohibited imo. Cause it gives you an unfair advantage. 

Now as of CV's spotting or not, i have played all these years with CV's spotting stuff. And the old CVs were even worse in that thing as they could spot in 3 differend locations at the same time! At least the new ones can spot only in one part of the map. Is just that since as of late i notice people complain a lot about CV spotting them , especialy DDs , and noticing a DD shortage in game as of now i thought to propose this idea as a possible way to somewhat remediate this problem. That's all. 

Players
6,634 posts
10,873 battles

Yes i know all about that "mod" . I think it should be prohibited.

Im absolutly with you there. Infacts - before it came into the game, it was a cheat, there is no denying that. Its retarded and gives huge advantages against ships, that need to be stealthy and/or use smoke - like RN CLs. Well, just another one of WGs superb ideas. The longer I play this game, the more I see, how rotten to the core this company is. Shame on them what they did to the game.

Sign in to follow this