Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pepsifreddie

What is it with the arsenal???

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
28 posts
2,040 battles

So I had this thought since it opened but the arsenal, we all know and some love it. It gives premium ships for resources and other things but I want to focus on the ships.

 

This is not hate, it may seem negative, and well it slightly is, but I just wanted to voice my opinion, the arsenal is great, it gave me a bunch of flags omumables etc, just no ships as I am waiting from a british ship to enter that is a T6 -10 and  then buy that anyway, on with the uhh, review?

 

This is accurate as to this date (5th feb 2019) 

So it gives some great lower tier ships, like the OKT revolutiona, the aigle, the yubari (for AA) etc. and some hier tier ships like the Jean Bart and the Salem. But this is where the problems start, it goes from a 50k coal OKT then immediately after that its not a 75k coal ship, a 100k coal ship even 150k coal. 200k? no its 225k coal for the next ship the Jean Bart. But why is there nothing in between? I have to save over 170k coal to get the next ship from the OKT its ridiculous.

 

I left this at first because I thought it was just the beginning, and it was new so they wanted us to try it out. But now they need to fill some holes, but this wouldn't be unconstructive criticism. Now I know the devs are testing a Heavy Cruiser the HMS Exeter. They could sell it for doubloons or Free XP, but why not throw it in the arsenal for 75k coal maybe 60 or 80k whatever you like really [edited]long as it isn't too high as it is T6 but seems to be solid.

 

As another suggestion you could put the HMS Dido in the 100k slot as a solid AA cruiser at T6 or 7.

 

I'm not entirely sure, but these obviously are suggestions, there can be many many many other warships in there, but it would be nice to see a larger variety of ships and variety of coal prices

 

That's all from me

 

Cya around kids

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

I fully admit. I've had a drink. But even from that perspective: am I the only one not making heads or tails from OP?? IIRC: arsenal is a free premium shop. So the free is very good. And I don't get your problem OP...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,002 posts
14,454 battles

The lower tier ships on offer were once reward ships, and Coal and Steel are kinds of a reward too, so using reward currency in exchange for ex-reward ships has a pleasing symmetry.

 

Don't hold your breath on WG expanding the range on offer though, especially not for T6 to T8 which would prejudice sales of Premium ships from the shop. WG are a business: they want cash, not loyalty.

 

Making T9s available in the Arsenal does not because T9s are not generally sold (Jean Bart was the only exception) in the shop, and Musashi was fxp.

 

Think of it as a sink for an otherwise useless virtual currency that is doled out for free.

 

Alaska has been announced as a fxp ship for 1 million fxp, so that's something. And fxp compared to Coal is much easier to accumulate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
15 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

am I the only one not making heads or tails from OP??

Errrrrrrrr, a large price difference between mid tier coalboats and high tier one? I think...

 

Anyway.

Well, I was thinking about arsenal for some time now, from coal ships I don't have JB and salem, and seeing that I'm not the fastest coal miner in the world, there are surely people who got all coalboats, finished their collections with containers, etc and don't have anything to do with coal anymore. So, how about letting people throw a dice (I know how much wargaming loves randomness) and replace the offer for a boat they already own with another one? Sorry if it sounds convoluted, and I know that would surely need some more thinking to get some details right (like preventing abuse), but at least that's some idea.

@MrConway ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,263 posts
9,597 battles

Basically the pattern in the ship selection in the arsenal is -- these are kind of "semi premium" ships if you will.

These are either ships that have been available for free from events at some stage (all the Arsenal ships at tier VI and below) or ships given out as rewards for long-term players for grinding coal/steel (the high-tier Arsenal ships). One way for the other, these ships haven't been strictly pay-walled, and in Arsenal you can get them if you missed the event.

 

There's nothing there that has otherwise only been available for €. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[W-_-W]
Beta Tester
50 posts
11,917 battles
24 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Alaska has been announced as a fxp ship for 1 million fxp, so that's something. And fxp compared to Coal is much easier to accumulate.

 

Alaska for 1 mio fxp is a good thing to dumb some fxp but why we need so many new recources? I am sitting on over 300k coal and 20k steel... there is nothing in the arsenal i´m interested in atm. I was looking forward for the azuma at t10 but hey it seems like wg give a [edited]about having some counter for "balancegrad".

 

I would exchange coal or steel for dubloons to buy some perm camos for my "real" t10 ship if i could!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
3 hours ago, Zhorm said:

 

Alaska for 1 mio fxp is a good thing to dumb some fxp but why we need so many new recources?

 

Inflation. FXP ships are easy to get with all the camos introduced, so they come out with coal. Once the long term players have stockpiled coal that'll be made useless for reward ships and a new currency will be introduced (or an existing one like copper expanded for this purpose).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,291 battles
4 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

I fully admit. I've had a drink. But even from that perspective: am I the only one not making heads or tails from OP?? IIRC: arsenal is a free premium shop. So the free is very good. And I don't get your problem OP...

OP is saying there's cheapish low tier stuff, and expensive high tier stuff and not really anything in the middle. 

I agree with him - im sat on 100k coal, and theres nothing I want. The only thing I remotely want is more than double. The only reason I want that is because I own 3 of the ships already, and really really dont want the other stuff.

 

If there were some nice tier 7/8 in the 100-150k bracket that would interest me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,287 posts
3,683 battles
17 hours ago, orzel286 said:

Errrrrrrrr, a large price difference between mid tier coalboats and high tier one? I think...

 

Anyway.

Well, I was thinking about arsenal for some time now, from coal ships I don't have JB and salem, and seeing that I'm not the fastest coal miner in the world, there are surely people who got all coalboats, finished their collections with containers, etc and don't have anything to do with coal anymore. So, how about letting people throw a dice (I know how much wargaming loves randomness) and replace the offer for a boat they already own with another one? Sorry if it sounds convoluted, and I know that would surely need some more thinking to get some details right (like preventing abuse), but at least that's some idea.

 @MrConway ?

 

I'm not sure that is something we would want to consider to be honest.

 

13 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

OP is saying there's cheapish low tier stuff, and expensive high tier stuff and not really anything in the middle. 

I agree with him - im sat on 100k coal, and theres nothing I want. The only thing I remotely want is more than double. The only reason I want that is because I own 3 of the ships already, and really really dont want the other stuff.

 

If there were some nice tier 7/8 in the 100-150k bracket that would interest me

 

Keep the coal, there will be more ships available for coal in future - that way you can be first at them :)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

I wish they'd put some of the worst-selling premiums on there. I won Huanghe from one of those lunar containers and it's been a very pleasant surprise despite the reputation. I also wish they'd at least add ships that have been rewards in the past. Duke of York grind broke me, but now I have the coal to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

I wish they'd put some of the worst-selling premiums on there. I won Huanghe from one of those lunar containers and it's been a very pleasant surprise despite the reputation. I also wish they'd at least add ships that have been rewards in the past. Duke of York grind broke me, but now I have the coal to spare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×