Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pepsifreddie

A different gamemode

4 comments in this topic

Players
28 posts
2,040 battles

Hey so this is a 100% serious topic,

So I have gotten into World of Warships again and started playing the random battles with some friends and got into a clan, and while I play the usual I had a funny game in my eddy where I jumped a mino and wrecked his broadside, however he got torps off and we laughed about it in chat, however I thought, a British cruiser killing a British Cruiser was funny but also if you think about it kinda weird, not saying its bad the game is very good, I love it and this applies to all other nations, but then, why not have a realistic mode where you would have two separate teams, you would have Germany, The Italians, Japan, Pan Asia and the USSR vs the Royal navy (UK), USA, France, Poland and Australia.

The mode would also be different in the fact that there is no tracking or lock on, only where you guns are and the time and distance, because the enemy ship will not have all the details about its health and whatnot it will all be visual and players will have to work together to destroy things, and only at the end will you see your data in damage, tanked damage, fires, citadels etc. 

To add extra detail the starting format should be in a line formation or a tight formation, with DDs and/or cruisers circling the outside and BBs, and CVs in the middle.

All ships can be seen at all times, and cannot disappear, smoke should only make it difficult to see the enemy but not impossible, e.g. a DD or cruiser sitting in smoke should be easier to spot clearly than one running away underneath it.

Just a quick thought, I haven't developed it much, but if the response is mostly positive I could do a full blown detail of the mode,

That's all from me,

Cya around kids.

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

While it sounds fun when first thinking about it, there are some massive problems which makes it impossible to balance. For example, radar is a national trait, so one team would have all radar ships, while the other team has none.

Some countries dds are gunboats, some hybrids, some torpedoboats, so one nation gets all capping power.

Some nation hard counters others(russian cruiser with radar vs rn smoke cruiser)

etc etc etc.

It would lead to one nation always stomping another nation, in a sort of rock paper scissors kinda way

Players
28 posts
2,040 battles

I agree to this, and it would need some rough edges cut,

But radar would not necessarily be a huge advantage as you see the ships anyway, radar could be improved so that you get to see there heading and get a better shot by locking on but only for the radar using player.

Both teams do have the gunboats but torpedoes would be used like shotguns as you wont get a lock on, meaning that the player had to guess.

To minimise torpedo spam you should get a few reloads and that's it, for some you shouldn't get a reload.

Also there would be shell counts to help minimise spamming from the early stages as wasted shells add up.

Another assist in realistic gameplay is in over pens, in reality over pens would anhinalate and would be a very good shot as it destroyed everything in its path, so should be more devastating in this mode, only if it hits key parts, not the bow and stern

EDIT::: there would be no caps, it would be who can gain strategic points to which they can gain tactical advantages, it would be a game mode of destruction not point capping

Sign in to follow this