Question for a Duo Setup

4 comments in this topic

[E-SEA]
[E-SEA]
Players
2 posts
658 battles

Hello together,

so we are 2 buddies queing random battles together as a Division. Now my friend is grinding the IJN BB line and I would like to support him playing the KM. I Got some BB, some Crusier and some DD. While he is relatively new to the game and he loves big fat ships I want to support his BB as best as I can. Ther thing is how? So far at Tier IV we had good success playing double BB. Cant imagine this will hold up though?

So to finally make this a question:

With what german shipline can I best support him AND how do I support him actually?

Iam not too familiar with the meta I have to say, so any help appreciated. Not sure how relative the various Youtube videos sometimes are cause most are 1+ year old.

Cheers

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, Rhade741 said:

Hello together,

so we are 2 buddies queing random battles together as a Division. Now my friend is grinding the IJN BB line and I would like to support him playing the KM. I Got some BB, some Crusier and some DD. While he is relatively new to the game and he loves big fat ships I want to support his BB as best as I can. Ther thing is how? So far at Tier IV we had good success playing double BB. Cant imagine this will hold up though?

So to finally make this a question:

With what german shipline can I best support him AND how do I support him actually?

Iam not too familiar with the meta I have to say, so any help appreciated. Not sure how relative the various Youtube videos sometimes are cause most are 1+ year old.

Cheers

Hmm, honestly BBs are so self-dependent that supporting them directly isn't really a thing. I div up with people playing all classes, and each of them bring some different way to "work together"

• BB + BB = someone who can take over tanking from you so you can heal & easier time setting up crossfires
  • BB + CA / CL = there's some quality DD deterrent nearby & DPM to burn down angled targets
  • BB + DD = higher quality spotting than with random teammates & better than average chance for protection vs DDs. Smoking up a BB is kinda useless tho
  • BB + CV = naah, :etc_swear: CVs as they are now

Just play whatever you like.

And as for "multi-BB divs" at higher tiers - while they are generally seen as bad if you can make BBs work normally you can make them work even better in a div. Mixed class divs generally are more versatile

• Cool 2

[E-SEA]
[E-SEA]
Players
2 posts
658 battles

Thx for the nice overview.

So I wonder with what Cruiserline could I best support him? 

I played as a german BB with him but this Dispersion and low range is killing me. 

I tried a bit of german Cruiser gameplay but I feel so super squishy even when not showing broadside :(

And the 6km range Torps feel like a joke. 

Ofc I would like a cruiser where I can accompany him in his IJN BBs but his range at now Tier V gets to a point where I cant even fight alongside him most of the time ^^

Things we die to is usually overextending I think or we just dont hit our shots :)

So Iam not sure howI can support him in these situations. 

Any tips appreciated fellow captains

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 hours ago, Rhade741 said:

So I wonder with what Cruiserline could I best support him? 

Look up those ships in YouTube, see how they play. Playstyles, strengths and weaknesses vary quite a lot between nations

Of course, finding videos of the higher tier ships will be easier than low or mid tier ships, but generally starting from tier 5 or 6 all ships in the line follow more or less the same path / style.

I played as a german BB with him but this Dispersion and low range is killing me.

Both are fixed by getting a bit closer, which is exactly what german BBs are supposed to do. They are brawlers not snipers

tried a bit of german Cruiser gameplay but I feel so super squishy even when not showing broadside :(

That will be true for pretty much every cruiser, against a BB they all often get nuked. You just need to play to their strengths and use allies & terrain to your advantage to deal with BBs

And the 6km range Torps feel like a joke. 

They aren't meant as your main weapon of choice, generally it would be a rare game where you get to use them. Most useful for accidental encounters when coming around a corner or when an enemy has decided to rush you. Also nice for flushing enemy smokes that you are approaching, altho as a german CA you'd have pretty good hydro for doing that

Ofc I would like a cruiser where I can accompany him in his IJN BBs but his range at now Tier V gets to a point where I cant even fight alongside him most of the time ^^

You shouldn't stick together in a battleline or whatever. Just being on the same flank is enough, and even then you might need to separate every now and then.

Putting both ships together as close as possible is more of a mistake rather than something good to do

Things we die to is usually overextending

Yeah, that's easy to do. But knowing not-to do it comes with practice

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this