Brendonator

Pan-asia irian cruiser capitan skills

9 comments in this topic

Players
4 posts
760 battles

Hey guys I'm extremely new to the game and I got lucky our of a lunar new year crate I got a T8 irain cruiser with a 10 point captain I was wondering what skills I should put on my captain any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance ☺ 

[AAO]
Players
1,578 posts
21,053 battles

Priority Target -> Adrenaline Rush -> Demolition Expert -> Inertia Fuse for High-Explosive shells -> Concealment Expert, play her as a long range HE-spammer.

But in all fairness: Don't play her in randoms yet.
As you've said you're very new and playing a T8 means you will usually be matched against pretty experienced players, a lot of them in T9 and T10 ships as well.

This will mean that more often than not you'll be nuked into orbit or spammed to oblivion relatively quickly by ppl that will know how to punish you when you mistakes.

And since the Irian is from a family of rather squishy cruisers that punishment tends to be pretty severe.

So presumably those games will be frustrating to you and you might take some flak from your team for dying very early or being not much use (after all we're on the internet here).

It's much better if you use her in CO-OP only (it's premium so you'll prolly still make a profit) until you have your first T8 tech-tree cruiser or until you've gotten some experience on the Shchors (T7 russian cruiser, very similar playstyle).

This is not meant to criticize you in any way. Everyone is in way over their head at the start until one gets a grasp on the mechanics, aiming and what works and does not.

Trust me on this, it's better to take things slowly, follow the learning curve and have a good time while playing against ppl of similar skill than forcing a quick progression.

• Cool 3

Players
4 posts
760 battles

Thanks man I've played about 5 games in the irian already averageing about 60-90k damage I've just been sitting behind island spamming He like you said my only problem with the ship atm is that it only has 32mm penetration even with the skill for more and fire chance is only 10%  😔 thanks for the advise I will respec my captain 

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,147 posts
9,005 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 4:33 PM, Brendonator said:

Thanks man I've played about 5 games in the irian already averageing about 60-90k damage I've just been sitting behind island spamming He like you said my only problem with the ship atm is that it only has 32mm penetration even with the skill for more and fire chance is only 10%  😔 thanks for the advise I will respec my captain 

What why? 32 mm of HE pen allows you to pen almost every bow in the game with a few exceptions, also most decks on high tier BB's and every cruiser (again, with 2 exceptions). The 10% firechance is not bad considering you trade RNG fires for raw damage output.

Stick to the build rnat gave you, play it in coop and learn what ships you can damage reliably and what ships you need to aim for different parts or hope for fires. Then you should be fine.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,970 posts
5,376 battles
On 2/5/2019 at 3:22 PM, rnat said:

Priority Target -> Adrenaline Rush -> Demolition Expert -> Inertia Fuse for High-Explosive shells -> Concealment Expert, play her as a long range HE-spammer.

But in all fairness: Don't play her in randoms yet.
As you've said you're very new and playing a T8 means you will usually be matched against pretty experienced players, a lot of them in T9 and T10 ships as well.

This will mean that more often than not you'll be nuked into orbit or spammed to oblivion relatively quickly by ppl that will know how to punish you when you mistakes.

And since the Irian is from a family of rather squishy cruisers that punishment tends to be pretty severe.

So presumably those games will be frustrating to you and you might take some flak from your team for dying very early or being not much use (after all we're on the internet here).

It's much better if you use her in CO-OP only (it's premium so you'll prolly still make a profit) until you have your first T8 tech-tree cruiser or until you've gotten some experience on the Shchors (T7 russian cruiser, very similar playstyle).

This is not meant to criticize you in any way. Everyone is in way over their head at the start until one gets a grasp on the mechanics, aiming and what works and does not.

Trust me on this, it's better to take things slowly, follow the learning curve and have a good time while playing against ppl of similar skill than forcing a quick progression.

Can't go wrong with that skill loadout. Especially not if you have her special skipper with 3% bonus from DE instead of 2..

Players
4 posts
760 battles

Thanks people with the set up you said and playing with cover and spamming He I got my highest ever damage game and destroyed 3 ships in the process ☺ on random too 😔

received_1289953567809385.jpeg

• Cool 2

[AAO]
Players
1,578 posts
21,053 battles

That's a nice result, but I'm still gonna stick to my recommendation.

If you're having fun then that's fine, but i think my assessment is justified.

Players
4 posts
760 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

That's a nice result, but I'm still gonna stick to my recommendation.

If you're having fun then that's fine, but i think my assessment is justified.

Yeah man I did stick to your advice to start with I played like 20 games on coop untill my friends asked me to play then this happened first game on random 😂