Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: HMS Vanguard Trailer

15 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles

Who cares? That ship was released months ago. 

We wait other ship.. For more than a half year... 

Hint: starts with A. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[NEBD]
Weekend Tester
14 posts
10,165 battles

I just bought her, she is a beauty and I look forward to dealing out misery to my enemies in her. 

• Funny 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,592 posts
9,482 battles

Vanguard must be a tier IX... if any ship can be it, for history and desing is she (and of course, Iowa class). But WG always doing charades.

Players
2 posts
6,282 battles

Why does the WG's version of HMS Vanguard have a camouflage designed by a teen with concentration difficulties? From what I've seen, the real ship was never painted in a way even remotely similar to the in-game version. If you're just making stuff up, why make it look as unreal as possible?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
21 posts
14,987 battles

when will she and the dreanought be back on sale, could not afford to get them both last time, and because of illness i was unable to complte the dreadnought missions

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
307 posts
8,277 battles

It may be something in translation, but "difficult" would be an understatement for Vanguard.

Also, something about accurate guns?

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Sorry WG but I'm a fairly experienced player. Having quite a few battles under my belt, grinded out every single BB line to T10 and Ranked out with a BB, I've also BBed for my clan in CB.

Vanguard is a beautiful looking ship and that's about all the positives. Ok I guess she handles well, almost Cruiser like and has fast turret rotation along with RN enhanced healing.

EVERYTHING else about the ship is simply bad. 4x2 15" guns at T8 is weak, even with a faster reload they do not penetrate all that well. Sure you can target Cruisers and punish them but what BB with AP can't do that anyway? Cruiser punishing ability is hardly unique for a BB.

The armour pattern is horrible, the citadel is raised and the ship itself isn't amazingly armoured. Every BB in game should have a raised citadel in order to promote more thoughtful game play but instead you hide this behind a pay wall. 

Now the main issue, the firing angles for the Vanguard are simply rubbish. If you want to fire all 8 guns you are simply not protected enough with your angle. Other BBs will heavily punish you when you try and work those rear turrets into the fight. Sure, the ship is meant to use the rudder more and you fire the guns in pairs rather than the entire lot in one go but that's an awful lot of work for something that is less effective than pretty much all other BB at the same tier. 

Don't even mention being in higher tier MM. The ships in tiers above you will utterly punish you with only your concealment as any sort of defence but at some point you're going to have to fire back and you'll find the ship lacking. Guns are very accurate but they need to be since the platform is so pathetically weak.

All the above makes Vanguard a very poor choice of T8 BB, whether Premium or otherwise. If you want a good T8 BB then grind a North Carolina or Amagi, put Permanent camo on them if you want and enjoy a superior Battleship experience. Both have hard hitting 16" guns and decent armour without costing you a penny if you wish. They will give you far more potential in game and will reward you too.

Cannot say enough how bad Vanguard is and believe me I've wanted to love the ship. I've played Warspite to death and Hood is one of my current favourites. Vanguard needs tweaks (buffs) before anyone else goes near the Prem shop with the intention of buying one.

• Cool 5

Players
6,613 posts
10,866 battles
11 hours ago, Episparh said:

Hint: starts with A. 

Alabama? Or Asashio? Oh no, wait, you mean Anterprise, right?

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts

The Asashio is probably a good buy right now for a T8 DD with the new CV changes and current perma-spotting going on with them because of planes. At least that DD can avoid most of that problem still with it having 20k torps to shoot at distance, even if it can only kill CV and BB.

[SHAFT]
Players
318 posts
4,217 battles

It's a beautiful looking ship and I mainly bought it purely because it is the Vanguard. However it is extremely un-fun to play. Would not recommend.

Monarch is a much better boat, by comparison.

• Cool 1

[NEBD]
Weekend Tester
14 posts
10,165 battles

Ive played about ten battles in her so far and she is enjoyable and if you know how to use her she seems to do ok.   I'm' getting pretty high damage counts on most games I play.  (150k+ being the average)   and so far its only been citadeld  by a yamato.

Players
187 posts
8,411 battles

Why get a Tier 8 when you most of the time face Tier 10's and Lucky if you have 3 tier 8's in a battle. Just another idea to get us spending and spending and spending

Sign in to follow this