You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

RTS CVs. Do you miss us now?

What would you rather?   

287 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather?

• RTS CVs back
    • Rework to stay as it is
    • Rework with changes
  2. 2. Do you think WG can actually balance the rework CVs?

• Yes
    • No

142 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles

Well the rework has already called for a hotfix after just a few days of release and the issues that come with the rework will be hard to fix without completely neutering the CVs themselves and the damage they can do. With this new system of AA it's either the planes get 1 shot or nothing dies at all which was not a problem in RTS CVs where every ship is constantly doing damage to planes and ships could be covered by AA bubbles which CV players had to play around. Now any CV player can throw planes at the enemy and do a fair amount of damage. If they change AA to be more powerful then I can see it flipping over to planes not being able to get through AA as the meta has changed to every e bobbing up due to the number of CVs in game which again was not a massive problem in RTS. The rework rewards bad players more than it should. I'm not saying good players arnt rewarded more but with RTS good play was rewarded far more than bad play for both surface ships and CVs. I know they wanted to reduce the skill gap but honestly why? Should worse players be rewarded more for doing less? No of course not. I know it's too big to fair now but I'm wondering how ma u of you would rather go back to RTS CVs now you see what impact the rework has. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,322 battles

What do you mean with changes? I do believe some balances are needed but I do believe WG will find the sweet spot for the new and better CV-play. I had zero desire to play the old CV but will give the new CVs a try the moment there are less CVs in the waitingroom.

WG you can get a :cap_like:from me.

• Cool 12
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,866 battles
1 minute ago, FooFaFie said:

What do you mean with changes? I do believe some balances are needed but I do believe WG will find the sweet spot for the new and better CV-play.

WG you can get a :cap_like:from me.

seconded

RTS CV can rot in Hell, Battlefleet Gothic better CV RTS gameplay

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,318 battles
3 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

rework has already called for a hotfix after just a few days

as was expected by majority of player base.

I would personally wait until at least 8.2 to make a sound judgement on rework.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

6,234 posts
10,682 battles

Having 0.8.0 and 0.8.1 with additional fixes and balancing was about to be expected.

So for now: Not 100% ideal, but better than pre 0.8.0

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[CKBK]
Players
430 posts
24,512 battles

all I can say is we have a mission to keep playing this dumb CVs until every DD and BB players quit the game, WG might sledgehammer them but we always gonna find a way to bring salt to the sea :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,854 posts
6,926 battles
13 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Where is the option to cancel CVs completely? :cap_popcorn:

Ah look another CV hater comes out of his whole 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

I want a rework, just not this one. Making carriers 100% focus on damage farming is dumb.

• Cool 9

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,033 battles

I miss the Independence and old Saipan, in fact, I will be checking into Rehab tomorrow and sending WG the medical bill.

Players
832 posts
9,592 battles
48 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Ah look another CV hater comes out of his whole 

I think I have been open about this.

CVs do not integrate well with the rest of the game. What's wrong with not having them or not that much in the MM?

I suppose you do not want to hear any explanations anyways, you CV lover.

And is hole.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,225 posts
9,060 battles

Can i have reworked RTS CVs? I mean, some stuff they changed would have been benefitial for RTS CVs aswell. Like planes with HP, and not entirely RNG based.

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,546 battles

Do I miss RTS CVs? Definitely not. I don't say that current CVs are fine, I think that there is still a lot to be done but with time they could be good.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,000 battles

What they should have done from the very start was to fix the RTS.  Remember, they didn't even bring out a "how to" guide to play them. 

However, RTS does not fit in with console play so they HAD to change it to what we have now. 

Everything else was just bluff and misleading. 

You just watch what happens down the line chaps :cap_popcorn:.  Subs are PERFECT for console play (Please see BATTLE STATIONS MIDWAY)

Play WOWS then youtube BATTLESTAIONS MIDWAY and tell me what the difference is? That is their vision regarding planes and subs. 

• Cool 10

[GRNPA]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
28 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

I think I have been open about this.

CVs do not integrate well with the rest of the game. What's wrong with not having them or not that much in the MM?

I suppose you do not want to hear any explanations anyways, you CV lover.

And is hole.

Ignore MK, lately all he does is calling others whiners and CV haters, looks like a blown fuse if you ask me.

RTS CVs were kinda less annoying due to the fact that they couldnt launch mach 5 planes every 20s, but when it comes to balance they were also OP and that for the whole 3.5 years since release, so no, I dont want them back in their old form.

• Cool 2

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
11 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

What they should have done from the very start was to fix the RTS.  Remember, they didn't even bring out a "how to" guide to play them. 

However, RTS does not fit in with console play so they HAD to change it to what we have now. 

Everything else was just bluff and misleading. 

You just watch what happens down the line chaps :cap_popcorn:.  Subs are PERFECT for console play (Please see BATTLE STATIONS MIDWAY)

Play WOWS then youtube BATTLESTAIONS MIDWAY and tell me what the difference is? That is their vision regarding planes and subs. 

THANK YOU! Finally ...

Players
8 posts
26 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Do I miss RTS CVs? Definitely not. I don't say that current CVs are fine, I think that there is still a lot to be done but with time they could be good.

I think they need a serious re think. It is appalling and a dead game

• Boring 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,546 battles
1 minute ago, Namaste__ said:

I think they need a serious re think. It is appalling and a dead game

Thanks, but no, I don't need to re think. I don't miss RTS CVs. I don't expect for new CVs to be perfect, at least not in the first patch, but with lot of work and little patience they could be at least be good enough for the game.

• Funny 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,820 battles

RTS could do MUCH more damage and truely dominate the match given oppertunity. Spotting DD i did then too at match start, never letting them out of my sight untill taken over by allied ships  or i got attacked by other fighters. Perfect central point to intercept bombers from there too while being (very) usefull meanwhile.

Still i don't miss it, as it could be pretty boring too even to a point i let CV float uselessly in port.  Even sandwiching a BB between 2 torpedo walls resulting in its explosion while it had full health was a matter of indifference as map control of aircraft is not really engaging.

So i don't want the old system back. And non-CV players that do want a roll back have the 3 second memory of a fish ! There were neverending whines about CV back then too.....While it is a terrible bad idea removing mechanics that result in other classes becoming more powerfull. All need to be kept in check, there should be a balance. CV were not played by enough players, nerfing them any further will accomplisch right that again. Despite the many CV players , trying the new stuff out that are  terrorizing everyone right now. That will end all on its own, given some time.

Players
8 posts
14 minutes ago, avenger121 said:

Ignore MK, lately all he does is calling others whiners and CV haters, looks like a blown fuse if you ask me.

RTS CVs were kinda less annoying due to the fact that they couldnt launch mach 5 planes every 20s, but when it comes to balance they were also OP and that for the whole 3.5 years since release, so no, I dont want them back in their old form.

The game is dead. Rubbish with the cvs re work and even worse than before. I won't be spending much money wg to say the least

• Boring 1

Players
6,593 posts
10,790 battles
5 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

RTS could do MUCH more damage and truely dominate the match given oppertunity. Spotting DD i did then too at match start, never letting them out of my sight untill taken over by allied ships  or i got attacked by other fighters. Perfect central point to intercept bombers from there too while being (very) usefull meanwhile.

Stats say - you are wrong.

• Cool 1