Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AllterEg0

Update set camo to be purchased & CV change

14 comments in this topic

[CODS]
Players
23 posts
6,604 battles

Hi, 

I am asking if anyone has had the following issue after the latest update.

i had 499 doubloons for a few months now and i was saving them for officer transfers to next level ships.

After the update i lost 375 doubloons.  i contacted support and they said i purcahsed camo type 59 for 125 three times.  

I would never waste doubloons on buying temo camo, never have before and never intended to.  having checked, the enabled icon was set on my bismark ship for this camo.   which i would never setup.   The only ones i would have it enabled are those i can buy using credits and not ever doubloons. 

has anyone after an update had this issue?  Where the update has made this change?

Now about the CV change.

I hate it, what should have been a great change just is not working well.  in every battle now its 2 carriers and the destroyers can now never do what they need to do and they and me are always killed off due to the many many planes overhead watching large areas and all guns aiming at dds.  It  is now not worth playing as a DD if the change continues.    

This change has made DDs almost useless,  something i am sure was not the intent.  These planes fly so fast also, you cannot avoid them and they cover so much ground you can never get close with a dd now to use torpedoes before being killed.    I also tried using the ranger  in co-op battles and man was it hard,  totally put me off using cvs now for good.  How others make it work for them deserves credit for doing so.  

Also now that you cannot get fighter support is causing massive problems when your swarmed with 7 groups of planes over 1 target each time you have zero chance to survive.  Even when i used my musashi, on my own i had no chance to keep avoiding torps.  torp planes had 5 runs on me and hit me 8 times and the 4 bomb runs and 2 rocket before i died.   The quick succession of using planes over and over non stop never allow a player to contain damage.  There needs to be a countdown before using them again.   As soon as i was torped they were back within 60 seconds again, over and over.  its just ridiculous and i know want to avoid all cv battles.  CV change has now made battles horrible and not fun.

This is the first time i have had to say i am no longer having fun,  all because of the carrier change.   I get what devs are trying but i think it still needs work on the balancing on using carriers in a battle.  Currently everyone i talk to is not happy about this change and everyone is having less fun.   Each time we see carriers in battle our heart sinks.

I want an option that allows me to avoid carrier battles.   Continue as is and i will start to play less and less until maybe i stop altogether and play on something else i find more fun.

thank you

[SHAFT]
Players
10,378 posts
9,122 battles
32 minutes ago, AllterEg0 said:

Hi, 

i had 499 doubloons for a few months now and i was saving them for officer transfers to next level ships.

After the update i lost 375 doubloons.  i contacted support and they said i purcahsed camo type 59 for 125 three times.  

I would never waste doubloons on buying temo camo, never have before and never intended to.  having checked, the enabled icon was set on my bismark ship for this camo.   which i would never setup.   The only ones i would have it enabled are those i can buy using credits and not ever doubloons. 

has anyone after an update had this issue?  Where the update has made this change?

I think its automatically checked when you mount the camo. Same with Economic signals like PapaPapa which can be bought with doubloons -> mount it, and the box is checked.

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, AllterEg0 said:

You failed to uncheck the "resupply", honestly that's kind of your fault.

It's always activated by default, if you don't want it you need to uncheck it after mounting the camo. You didn't = you paid

[CODS]
Players
23 posts
6,604 battles

But ive never checked it to purchase,  that is my issue.  it was fine before the update and then after it was set to enabled and purchased those camo.   i had won 3 and used them before game updated and then after it set them to purchase.  I didnt do anything to set it to purchase.  When it comes to doubloons i never would.   As i never buy any and only use what i win for officer movement.

Usually when you use a camo and have no more it does not select it again, but after the update it had selected it to continue being used at cost to me.

thanks

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

I cant tell you what exactly happened but you should double check this checkbox when equipping camos. It tends to activate itself automatically and you may not notice in "the heat of the battle". That would be my guess. I dont think that there was an error in the client. Would have been far more outcry if it were.

Regarding CVs. Many of your points have been made by many many more. The first Hotfix is allready in preparation so just hold tight. WG knows about the DD issue and they will adress it. Lets see what happens.

• Cool 1

Players
6,628 posts
10,873 battles
29 minutes ago, AllterEg0 said:

But ive never checked it to purchase,  that is my issue.  it was fine before the update and then after it was set to enabled and purchased those camo.   i had won 3 and used them before game updated and then after it set them to purchase.  I didnt do anything to set it to purchase.  When it comes to doubloons i never would.   As i never buy any and only use what i win for officer movement.

Usually when you use a camo and have no more it does not select it again, but after the update it had selected it to continue being used at cost to me.

thanks

I recall someone mentioning, that the update resetted the old settings and put them back to "purchase for dubloons". So this might not be your fault after all. You should mention that to support.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
44 minutes ago, AllterEg0 said:

But ive never checked it to purchase

It's on that by default. I already said that

If you don't want to buy more of them you need to uncheck it. Not the other way around

45 minutes ago, AllterEg0 said:

after the update

Nothing to do with the update :fish_palm: Camo can be purchased = you'll have that tick box whenever it's mounted. Type59 has had this since the day it was introduced, and by now it's probably well over a year since that

41 minutes ago, Atankean said:

It tends to activate itself automatically and you may not notice in "the heat of the battle".

^ 1st answer of this comment & what "heat of battle" in port?

18 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I recall someone mentioning, that the update resetted the old settings and put them back to "purchase for dubloons". So this might not be your fault after all. You should mention that to support.

None of mine have "reset" or anything like that, it's just people not paying attention and then whining about it afterwards - just like it always is

• Cool 1

Players
6,628 posts
10,873 battles
13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

None of mine have "reset" or anything like that, it's just people not paying attention and then whining about it afterwards - just like it always is

Maybe. But since this is the second complaint of that nature, im starting to pay attention. If there come more people with that problem, then im willing to think, that there might be to it. But...

14 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's on that by default. I already said that

If you don't want to buy more of them you need to uncheck it. Not the other way around

... if thats the case then yea, its a user-fault. Especially with the Type 59, since this is one of the very few, that can be repurchased for dubloons. Other you will just go blank, since there is no option to rebuy.

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles
13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

^ 1st answer of this comment & what "heat of battle" in port?

never heard of aftershock ey? :) sometimes you get so riled up in a match that you just cant wait to go into another match. Then you tend to click the battle button without thinking. When something is in parantheses "" it means it should not be taken literally.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,873 posts
14,133 battles
16 hours ago, AllterEg0 said:
Spoiler

Hi, 

Now about the CV change.

I hate it, what should have been a great change just is not working well.  in every battle now its 2 carriers and the destroyers can now never do what they need to do and they and me are always killed off due to the many many planes overhead watching large areas and all guns aiming at dds.  It  is now not worth playing as a DD if the change continues.    

This change has made DDs almost useless,  something i am sure was not the intent.  These planes fly so fast also, you cannot avoid them and they cover so much ground you can never get close with a dd now to use torpedoes before being killed.    I also tried using the ranger  in co-op battles and man was it hard,  totally put me off using cvs now for good.  How others make it work for them deserves credit for doing so.  

Also now that you cannot get fighter support is causing massive problems when your swarmed with 7 groups of planes over 1 target each time you have zero chance to survive.  Even when i used my musashi, on my own i had no chance to keep avoiding torps.  torp planes had 5 runs on me and hit me 8 times and the 4 bomb runs and 2 rocket before i died.   The quick succession of using planes over and over non stop never allow a player to contain damage.  There needs to be a countdown before using them again.   As soon as i was torped they were back within 60 seconds again, over and over.  its just ridiculous and i know want to avoid all cv battles.  CV change has now made battles horrible and not fun.

This is the first time i have had to say i am no longer having fun,  all because of the carrier change.   I get what devs are trying but i think it still needs work on the balancing on using carriers in a battle.  Currently everyone i talk to is not happy about this change and everyone is having less fun.   Each time we see carriers in battle our heart sinks.

I want an option that allows me to avoid carrier battles.   Continue as is and i will start to play less and less until maybe i stop altogether and play on something else i find more fun.

thank you

Re: the doubloons: as others have said, it's probably the 'resupply' box being ticked - that's the default state with all (?) of them.

As a general thing, it's worth taking the time to go through each ship before you play it, just to double-check that everything is set correctly in this sort of respect (cammo and signals are the crucial ones that often try and auto-replenish for doubloons); things that replenish for silver (consumables, say) should generally be enabled for auto-replenish.

Re: DDs being useless; I had a quick look at your stats, and most of your DDs are rather lacking in AA firepower, so you're right - for the moment, they're boned. Until things get slightly more balanced, you can either play other ship types in randoms, or focus on game modes that don't include CVs (Ranked, Coop, and Ops). There are a few DDs that can be fun in the CV-heavy meta (for the moment, anyway) - they're the ones with decent AA, and the Def AA consumable, so mainly Americans. If you really want to play DDs, those ships are still moderately fun, although they have to be played differently to before the rework, and want a pretty heavy AA loadout.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,924 posts
12,845 battles
1 hour ago, Atankean said:

never heard of aftershock ey? :) sometimes you get so riled up in a match that you just cant wait to go into another match. Then you tend to click the battle button without thinking. When something is in parantheses "" it means it should not be taken literally.

Yes, maybe they had just played an IJN DD and was ROFL stomped by a pair of CVs so they're having PTSD.

If there is too much information on screen or it's poorly worded then people will miss it - not everyone.

I've read several threads on this over time and ever since I read the first one I try to double-check the resupply on camos and flags.

[WTFNO]
Players
597 posts
10,418 battles
16 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's always activated by default.

Which, by the way, is hard to justify, since virtually nobody would want to spend doobs on temp camos.

I'm all for the 'you should read before clicking' but this one really feels dishonest from WG.

(I know the default was changed to credits on some parts, why not on everything ? Imo you should NEVER make players spend doubloons by some default setting)

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
56 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

Which, by the way, is hard to justify, since virtually nobody would want to spend doobs on temp camos.

I'm all for the 'you should read before clicking' but this one really feels dishonest from WG.

The "profit" from players being careless, and it ends up being the players fault. It's pretty logical from WGs side

56 minutes ago, AmiralPotato said:

(I know the default was changed to credits on some parts, why not on everything ? Imo you should NEVER make players spend doubloons by some default setting)

It was changed for consumables where you already could choose credits / doubloons, now it's credits only.

Things that are doubloons only have no reason to be switched over to credits. In some cases (like Zulu signal) that would even be a bit weird.

[CODS]
Players
23 posts
6,604 battles

Thank you all for your input

Perhaps i should have been more detailed

When i started using that camo i had unticked the purchase option as its the same with signals.  This i have already learned months ago.    What i am saying is that after the update it changed the setting back to purchase on the only ship that i had using that camo i won.  i didnt check after update  this setting thinking that the setting was the same as i left it before update.  It was an unknown unknown for me to check.

Certainly now going through this, leaves the player more aware that the game can reset such settings.    on an ethical matter they should set this type of addition as unticked as default and not ticked as default.

Thank you 

Sign in to follow this