Sign in to follow this  
Longbowmann

Rage about rework is irritating

5 comments in this topic

[ATOM]
Players
30 posts
9,595 battles

I played mostly T6 dds last two days and I had good time even my PR and win rate increased which is suprise for me because I am just ordinary casual player. You must be more careful because of faster spot from planes but it tought me to be more patient and rockets planes are joke if you just do standart ww2 zigzag. I understand many dd players are angry because they are no longer ninja spotters but aggressive rushing did not pay off even before this patch. And hey my brother started to play just because of this rework and now we have good time together. 

“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” 
 Fyodor Dostoevsky

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles

It's to be expected. That people would be upset, that is. The whole game got upended overnight. 

Speaking of winrates since the rework mine has actually fallen substantially, for now. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,854 battles

I like the update better and better the more i get used to it. That is in ALL classes of ships, including DD. You are forced to adapt, think again on your tactics.

I have seen skilled players adapting to the new situation : a skilled DD player  outturned my rocket fighters every attempted pass despite me slowing my aircraft down to tighten the turns. Could not hit him several times and decide to "F" to avoid my squadron shot to being pieces by his continous AA damage.

I like this. It is very refreshing. Then again i never cared for winrates and such sh*t so adapting to new tactics doesn't hurt me. I play to have fun.

• Cool 2

[OM-S]
Beta Tester
1,270 posts
24,690 battles
1 hour ago, Longbowmann said:

I played mostly T6 dds last two days and I had good time even my PR and win rate increased which is suprise for me because I am just ordinary casual player. You must be more careful because of faster spot from planes but it tought me to be more patient and rockets planes are joke if you just do standart ww2 zigzag. I understand many dd players are angry because they are no longer ninja spotters but aggressive rushing did not pay off even before this patch. And hey my brother started to play just because of this rework and now we have good time together. 

Fyodor Dostoevsky

play T9 /10 DDs, then we speak again

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
1 hour ago, Longbowmann said:

Fyodor Dostoevsky

Have you played Tier 10? There's nothing aggressive about the destroyers - they get attacked just outside their own spawn. Planes are there within 20s... they're not even NEAR trying to cap. A fair few lose up to 30-50% of their health without ever seeing another ship. Keep trying to tell them to stick close to the battleships/cruisers if they see planes coming... maybe they'll adapt, but they definitely WON'T be aggressive.

And the idea that "simple zig zag" makes little odds; they know (kinda) how to dodge at that tier yet every game see them eat a lot of dmg in the opening 30s before any ship contact made.

Maybe T6 is easier because the planes are a LOT worse, and the players less experienced? Try T10 mate :) Let me know how that goes :D I understand why some aren't happy. It's a new dynamic and it forces a rethink. But for comparison, I enjoy playing a battleship. Changed build to full AA and it made zero difference. Focused to death by T10 torp bombers dropping repeat waves (a la Shima) over the course of 2 mins. If they screw it up, F button...

If normal ship players screw up? You're back at Port. Funny eh :D

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this