Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shungite_Merchant

F key and how to temp fix until WG fix it

7 comments in this topic

Players
344 posts
15,291 battles

A very dumb thing to do but works unless the cv player has his hand glued to the f key, on the first run at some point, turn your AA off to trick him into doing a second run, second run is normally around the mid aa range, turn your AA back on, so locking him into it

[CATS]
Players
27,522 posts
14,594 battles

I doubt that will help much.

You give him a free first strike. And you cannot turn off the AA of teammates, unless you always sail solo, which opens another can of problems.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

Current Haku doesn't care, drops start at 8km and are finished before your AA has any impact.

Also, only noobs will turn within AA...a Midway will most likely just  do one attack run and insta-F, giving your AA a minimal window to have any impact...

Spoiler

hd6y4ez4.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
344 posts
15,291 battles

No doubt the haka is a problem and made T10 unstable, but for the rest the cvs insta F after the first wave, like no matter what they will always get the first strike off, they have the aircraft to replenish, but tricking them into a second wave to kill aircraft so they have to regenerate, something I was doing this morning with results, going on the flank in a zao, cv did run 1 aa off half way, turned around locked in then defAA up, it's kind murder 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
2 hours ago, aboomination said:

Also, only noobs will turn within AA...a Midway will most likely just  do one attack run and insta-F, giving your AA a minimal window to have any impact...

Depends, if it's an isolated target the go-to method is fly a straight line out of the first drop to get out of AA range ASAP, then go for another approach, use TB heal as necessary.

Alternatively if you know you're going to face nasty AA and won't be making more than one drop, it's better to simply drop all but the last squadrons into the empty sea, that way they'll already back on the CV and ready for redeployment by the time you've done your intended strike and ready for the next one.

Players
1,061 posts

Nah mate, the temp fix is to uninstall your game; check back in three months with a 90% chance of not reinstalling. And you're happy, stress free (from Wargaming stress) and off you can go playing games that are actually enjoyable. 

It's doing wonders for me. 

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,181 posts
8,135 battles

I did something similar in Hood, vs a duo of T8 CVs. First one attacked me, he got 1 fire (shot down a few planes, ignored the fire, repaired).

Then later in game apparently I was a more viable option, they attacked me BOTH so I pressed DEF AA... none of their planes survived.

No hits received for me. :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this