Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Co-Op Players - Since 0.8.0 removed AI CV's I de-specced AA from all 117 Ships/Captains making me 56m Credits (selling AA Modules) plus 7-11 extra Captain Points per Captain - Have you done the same?

22 comments in this topic

[-IAN-]
Players
2,019 posts
6,837 battles

Hi all,

As a Co-Op main player who specced virtually all of my 117 ships with some form of AA, I've just spent the last hour removing every single aspect of additional AA from all of those 117 ships and 100+ captains as there are no longer any AI CV's allowed in Co-Op, making any form of additional AA worthless.

After de-speccing every ship I made 56m credits from selling both the AA Mod 1 & 2 modules and a few "increased health to AA/Sec Mounts" ones, for the ships which no longer need them (still kept on secondary ships though like Massa/Tirp etc).

I also regained 7-11 captain points per captain from removing BFT/AFT/Man AA etc which opens up better build options for me too.

Have any other Co-Op main players also done the same now AI CV's are extinct from Co-Op or am I being far too short-sighted?

• Funny 4

[DRAGU]
Players
58 posts
6,304 battles

You do realise that the CV's are only missing form Co-Op until WG work out the mechanics of AI's controlling them don't you ?

It's the same reason they have removed a number Scenario Ops that were CV heavy.

Eventually CV's in Co-Op and Scenarios will be back...

• Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[CATS]
Players
27,376 posts
14,548 battles
6 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

As a Co-Op main player who specced virtually all of my 117 ships with some form of AA, I've just spent the last hour removing every single aspect of additional AA from all of those 117 ships and 100+ captains as there are no longer any AI CV's allowed in Co-Op, making any form of additional AA worthless.

After de-speccing every ship I made 56m credits from selling both the AA Mod 1 & 2 modules and a few "increased health to AA/Sec Mounts" ones, for the ships which no longer need them (still kept on secondary ships though like Massa/Tirp etc).

I also regained 7-11 captain points per captain from removing BFT/AFT/Man AA etc which opens up better build options for me too.

Have any other Co-Op main players also done the same now AI CV's are extinct from Co-Op or am I being far too short-sighted?

Why would you do that?

The CV will be back in CoOp.

• Cool 2

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,041 battles

I will be respeccing each captain 1 at a time, ATM I am just assigning each captain to specific ships, all 19 pt captains to my Fav silver ships that I play most, but making sure I can use those same captains on my Prem ships. hours and hours of trial and testing, and only 4 more days to finish this.

• Cool 2

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

Did the same.

8 minutes ago, wavijunk said:

until WG work out the mechanics of AI's controlling them

Don't hold your breath. The "rapid" tempo of changes done to coop (at least the standard one) don't make me feel like we'll get bot carriers next year. I don't think fully aa specced ship will last long against bot cv, judging by how murderous "normal" bots can be, or wg will half-[edited]it and bot cvs will be useless anyway.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles

I don't think that they will actually return. Coop can life without bots, why should they develop an AI for that. 

Weekend Tester
859 posts

In coop its so much harder for cv's as the bots know how to use their aa, they know when to use it and also because of the speed of torps, slower than ship one's, quite good at dodging them, I've had a full squad of saipan tb disappear on a torp run on a queen elizabeth, it might be easier on pvp tho, because of the player base over there not being  quite sure how to operate their aa.

[BS4]
Players
1,347 posts
7,451 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

As others have said, why? This game has just undergone the biggest AA dependant change so far and you REMOVE AA?:Smile_amazed:

Do you not get non Ai cv''s in Co op? And what's the facination in playing only Co op? It holds very little chalenge imo   lower scoring  etc...but each to there own. What if you want to play operations later or heaven forbid randoms.  It's gunna cost you a fortune to reset it all up when the buffs nerfs and fixes are over. 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles
13 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

In coop its so much harder for cv's as the bots know how to use their aa

As someone who played CVs on PTS, I disagree...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,901 battles

I agree too...for once Coop is actually much harder then PvP, if you use a CV after the update. ( unless at tier 4 i suppose since a lot of ships have weak or even no AA )  And rewards far less, to the point every game in a CV is costing me credits in Coop while in PvP it's gushing credits.

I did like Coop but the low rewards turned me away from it. Unless i need 500 hits with secondary guns or something. Bots are always good for that......

[-IAN-]
Players
2,019 posts
6,837 battles
1 hour ago, Smeggo said:

I don't think that they will actually return. Coop can life without bots, why should they develop an AI for that. 

Thats my guess too.

1 hour ago, wavijunk said:

Eventually CV's in Co-Op and Scenarios will be back...

1 hour ago, bushwacker001 said:

It will cost you more to put them all back on again when CVs are put back in eventually...I vote short sighted :Smile_trollface:

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

The CV will be back in CoOp.

Why write a whole new AI program (costing a fair amount of time and money) just for Co-Op when they can just leave it as it is currently (no CV's) and have almost zero negative effect on the Co-Op playstyle. Either way, I'll not re-spec into AA again whilst I still play Co-Op or Operations.

• Funny 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

Why write a whole new AI program (costing a fair amount of time and money) just for Co-Op

It would cover scenarios as well.

Also: did you notice? CV players IF there are any (because cv numbers pretty much went down to where they were before, 10/10 would make carriers popular again :P) have a really hard time getting anywhere near middle of the table, they pretty much occupy bottom spots of the battle result screen? Even when they try their hardest to do anything? LOL.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,835 posts
14,080 battles

Short answer: no.

Longer answer: most of my ships tend to be configured for 'general' use i.e. to be able to work tolerably well in any game mode (even the ones that I almost never play PvP, such as BBs), so stripping out the AA would be foolish for me. Also, I tend to make quite heavy use of BFT on a lot of ships anyway, as it helps for surface-to-surface - for me, the extra AA is mainly a bonus...

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,019 posts
6,837 battles
4 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Why write a whole new AI program (costing a fair amount of time and money) just for Co-Op when they can just leave it as it is currently (no CV's) and have almost zero negative effect on the Co-Op playstyle. Either way, I'll not re-spec into AA again whilst I still play Co-Op or Operations.

So it looks like Co-Op/Scenarios will be getting CV's at some point in the future (0.8.1+) according to SO over on Reddit - Still not speccing ships for AA again but may redo some Captain Skills at the 0.8.2 free reset if it looks necessary or if I just have skill points left over.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/an3wq7/080psa_first_cv_rework_tweaks_and_changes/

Changes and improvements that we work on now in the timeframe of next updates (0.8.1 and beyond).

• Improve plane reserves UI (information should me better presented);
  • Improve AA sector UI (better usability);
  • Do additional balancing for individual ships, armament, skills and upgrades, as the statistical data is being accumulated;
  • Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc);
  • Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles);

• Angry 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles
16 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles);

So, as I said earlier everything depends on whether cvbots will be terminator-like or as useful as human cvs I tend to encounter (not at all). Well, here comes focus from skypox again...

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,088 posts
22,089 battles

KRHMHM LAD..:cap_old:  @IanH755 That was probably a bad mistake. Observe item No:5 in the next updates lis on WG news page: "Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles)"

So the CV's will be back at Coop and day now and you'll just end up buying back all those sold modules and updates at twice the price you sold them for.:Smile_facepalm:

• Boring 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,019 posts
6,837 battles
7 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

KRHMHM LAD..:cap_old:  @IanH755 That was probably a bad mistake. Observe item No:5 in the next updates lis on WG news page: "Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles)"

So the CV's will be back at Coop and day now and you'll just end up buying back all those sold modules and updates at twice the price you sold them for.:Smile_facepalm:

Look literally 2 posts above yours - I talked about this yesterday and my response then is still the same now - I'm not buying AA modules again but I might (or might not) reskill one of the Captain AA skills, maybe.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ALONE]
Modder
2,200 posts
13,809 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, El_Presidente_2 sagte:

Arent the CV bots gonna be in 0.8.4 here?:cat_cool:

They were not ready on the public test server and not mentioned in the patch-info. So, no, I guess.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,901 battles

They will be eventually.....and then you must buy all these modules back and respec all your captains again...or start with new ones if you don't want to pay with real money.

Sign in to follow this