You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Apparently the "HotFix" for some of the most burning v0.8.0 CV (and other) issues is coming very soon!

114 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,487 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

Apparently the "HotFix" for some of the most burning v0.8.0 CV (and other) issues is coming very soon!

According to Reddit thread:

Just a few observations about current AA mechanics and skills. Feel free to contribute any knowledge you have gained playing.

Relevant statistics :

Short range AA, continuous only.

Medium range, bulk of flak damage but has a large but mostly irrelevant continuous component.

Long range, most just flak based with slightly fewer than medium range.

Flak burst count, medium and long. The amount of flak bursts is extremely important and is part of the consideration for taking AFT or not. DPS of the flak also should be considered.

EDIT : Hit chance. This is still alittle up in the air but anything above 80% chance seems to be more than sufficient to land flak. I personally feel like super accurate flak might be a detriment as its more easily baited out by carriers but below 80% is too inaccurate if you have fewer flak bursts.

Edit again : size differences in the different AA ranges. Auras no longer overlap. If all your AA damage is on long range and enemy planes get below that range your AA dps will plummet. Hood and Hinden are 2 examples of ships that have this issue. Hindens long range aura only had a 1.2km margin of damage with a mediocre mid range aura.

Continuous AA seems mostly irrelevant with flak burst provided the largest bulk of your AA performance.

500k module AA mod 1. This increases the amount of flak bursts by 2 and is a must have for every AA build. If you are not investing in AFT it is STILL worth taking as the base flak damage seems decent across the board for most ships. This is especially true on ships with very few flak bursts like Gearing.

BFT affects continuous AA only. Not your flak burst. Which means its only worth taking on ships with high short and medium range AA. So stuff like Texas.

AFT affects flak damage only, 15% is not a lot but it is worth taking on ships with large amounts of flak burst. 6+ medium and 4+ long range seems to be the amount that looks worth it. Having 2000+ at tier 10 on flak damage is also where I would say investment is worth it.

Manual AA does not seem worth it on ANY ship AT ALL for 4 points.

It only affects continuous AA when you use sectors and improves your sectors swap time by 20%.

So once again since its only continuous AA, ships with good short and medium are the only ones that benefit from MAA. Even then I would not recommend spending 4 points on it. I would AT MOST spend 2 points.

MAA seems to have swapped completely from effecting long range AA the most to ONLY short and medium which is quite the bad change in my opinion besides the fact that it is too expensive for the gain.

The reduced sectors swapping is also mostly irrelevant as continuous AA is mostly underwhelming and preswapping sectors based on your angling and the position of the enemy vector is more than ample time to prepare even considering the poor performance of continuous AA.

I find the current AA mechanics quite interesting and nuanced, but the system needs a LOT of work on a per ship and per skill basis, the fact that BFT and MAA have very limited use is quite depressing but the potential is there if the balancing is done well.

The "SubOctavian" @Sub_Octavian (aka Phil) responded:

Thanks for your detailed and honest feedback. I hope to share the list of changes today-tomorrow (depends on how late we're ready with it tonight). Spoiler: Hakuryuu and some other things mentioned by the players are there, at the top, and some of them will be resolved in the nearest hot-fix update.

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation actions.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,487 posts
15,938 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation actions.
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
27,264 posts
14,525 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 2

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,487 posts
15,938 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
27,264 posts
14,525 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 4

[SERBS]
Players
482 posts
14,748 battles

hotfix for a supergood megapatch ... ahahahah sick joke.,

• Funny 1

Players
10,090 posts
11,855 battles
2 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

My t6 carrier didn’t seem that OP does carrier power spike hard?

Power spikes would be:

Shokaku: drops 3 bombs per run, with good aim and RNGesus approval you can two shot cruiser. With maxed camo build you get 6.1km detection on TB, combined with their speed you can make torpedo run ambushes as well stealth spot anything bigger than DD

Lexington: drops 3 torps per run, dive bombers drop 6 bombs per run, attack aircraft gets HVAR with increased HE pen+Tiny Tims option for lols

Hakuryu: alternate TB drop 4 torps per run, long range which by the way allows for infamous "flying shimakaze"

Midway: drop 6 torps per run, but due to taking eternity to aim them and any sort of adjustment sends whatever accuracy you got to kingdom come they are arguably the worst strike option unless you somehow get flood going

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,609 posts
20,423 battles

*Edited

Edited by VyNKaSMyN
  • Funny 1

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles

The news of some potential hot fixes is good. Seems like they try to work to some sort of Scrum or Kanban so this should be relatively easy and no doubt prepared for.

Like or not the changes to the game I think we have a good, responsive Dev team that genuinely tries it's best. To be pushing changes years into a game's life (or any other piece of software) is uncommon these days and to be lauded. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
27,264 posts
14,525 battles

If it comes later than Thursday it cannot be called a hotfix.

As long as they just change parameters and not mechanics, it should be done quickly.

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

I expected nothing less to be honest. The issues are way too obvious to "wait and see".

WG needs data and the players are providing it. I expect fixes coming along the way in order of severity.

Happy to have it confirmed though!

• Funny 1

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If it comes later than Thursday it cannot be called a hotfix.

As long as they just change parameters and not mechanics, it should be done quickly.

Parameters can change mechanics/behaviour too. 

I. E. 

enableStorms = true

However, I get your point.

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
3 minutes ago, Atankean said:

I expect fixes coming along the way in order of severity.

Haha yes. Their backlog must be a thing of beauty right now! 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What I want to know is when the hotfix is going to happen. Because I have this strange feeling it won't be Thursday.

No idea. The term hotfix suggests something out of the usual patch cycle so it could come whenever they're ready for it.

[DREAD]
Players
9,865 posts
6,932 battles

“Hotfix” is overly dramatic.

They simply feel rushed because you kids keep whining like pussies in the rain. 

Great - hope this rush doesn’t have a negative impact on the quality.

• Boring 3
  • Bad 5

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,609 posts
20,423 battles
10 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

The news of some potential hot fixes is good. Seems like they try to work to some sort of Scrum or Kanban so this should be relatively easy and no doubt prepared for.

Like or not the changes to the game I think we have a good, responsive Dev team that genuinely tries it's best. To be pushing changes years into a game's life (or any other piece of software) is uncommon these days and to be lauded. 

Well, to be honest, looking at WGs track record in timely response to improvement ideas, they are almost an example of worst practice or at least of foot dragging.

And we don't have it that good. Look at Crusader Kings 2, 7 years on the market, still getting DLCs rewriting major elements of the game, devs and reps are very active in the community. Now that's some long time support for a game.

3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

No idea. The term hotfix suggests something out of the usual patch cycle so it could come whenever they're ready for it.

I know, but sub just saying hotfix coming, is like a weatherman saying rain when stormclouds are hanging over him.

• Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,865 posts
6,932 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Well, to be honest, looking at WGs track record in timely response to improvement ideas, they are almost an example of worst practice or at least of foot dragging.

And we don't have it that good. Look at Crusader Kings 2, 7 years on the market, still getting DLCs rewriting major elements of the game, devs and reps are very active in the community. Now that's some long time support for a game.

I know, but sub just saying hotfix coming, is like a weatherman saying rain when stormclouds are hanging over him.

Because he is trying to put out a signal “we are on it - it is urgent - and we fix it the way you want”. 

Nothing to do with a “hotfix” though. 

Simply WG being pushed by an immature pack of screaming kids. 

• Bad 3

[ANV]
Players
551 posts
4,707 battles
2 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

“Hotfix” is overly dramatic.

They simply feel rushed because you kids keep whining like pussies in the rain. 

Great - hope this rush doesn’t have a negative impact on the quality.

Hotfix isn't over dramatic. It's a named term in software engineering. Their software development life cycle will allow for it. As I said above they will be well prepared for this and won't need to rush. 

• Cool 3