Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Rattles33

Why not give CVs a limited range of operations?

4 comments in this topic

[KGGER]
Players
7 posts
8,767 battles

I usually don’t write on the forums, but the current CV rework really got my attention. The current situation is a mess and I hope WG is finally listening to its’ players. I’m pretty sure the new CV is here to stay, so might as well make it as fun and balanced as possible under the circumstances.

And the best idea I read in all the posts by far, is to give planes a limited radius of operations. Not my idea, but I like it a lot!

Why?

•          The CV would have to move to it’s destination like everybody else, resulting in a delayed spotting of enemy ships and a possibility to fight for caps

•        It would add a tactical depth, the new CV is badly missing

•        Enemy ships could retreat out of the CV’s range to heal up

•        It’s harder for the CV to kill low hp targets all over the map

•        The CV is taking a risk because it has to get close to the enemy (risk->reward, the closer, the more enemies in the radius)

•        Probability of CV being the last ship alive drops

•        The CV captain would actually have to move his ship in between airstrikes (Feels more like a ship game, not a planes game)

•        CV is part of the team again because he needs others to keep him save and is part of tactical movement

I believe this would solve a lot of problems (Sadly far more are remaining) that are painfully wrong with the current status of CV. If they would test it outside of random that would be even better…

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
3,568 posts
28,083 battles

erm, yeah.... one major aspect that would've made rts playable and balanceable.... ur late to the party

clapclapclap

[KGGER]
Players
7 posts
8,767 battles

You are right of course, maybe WG will finally listen :Smile_sceptic:.  I think it might be easier to applicate on the new CV because of it's nature of gameplay.

[THESO]
Players
3,568 posts
28,083 battles

dont expect it to come. can see the myriads of threads already, complaining about their planes falling down "right after takeoff" :Smile_veryhappy:

Sign in to follow this