You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Qduda85

How to change CV controls back?

13 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
668 battles

Hey Devs,

I played WoWs now for a long time. I just came back from a break and was wondering what's going on with the CV controls. I enjoyed the Real-Time-Strategy controls. Command my carrier and airplanes while drinking some hot coffee, now it is just like... pseudo flight sim. So I checked menus to re-enable the old controls, and it seems this is not possible, or I just can't find it. It is sad, since CV was the reason why I played this game. I don't like the new style. If re-setting the controlls to the RTS Style is not possible, I'll have to bid my farewell. Sad since I spend money... :(

Looking forward to ur response.

Cmdr. Q

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles

You can't. WG replaced RTS CVs entirely with the new system.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,819 posts
18,336 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Not possible, obviously :fish_palm:

Valid question though ... especially for someone like OP (or me) who "liked" the old CV gameplay and detests the new one.

I bought Premium CVs because I "liked" the RTS gameplay; if I were to ask a refund (as I'm planning to do), I want to be sure the RTS gameplay isn't coming back.

[CATS]
Players
27,241 posts
14,525 battles
2 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Valid question though ... 

Not really.

One has to be blind to overlook the new patch.

Players
2 posts
668 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, lup3s sagte:

Valid question though ... especially for someone like OP (or me) who "liked" the old CV gameplay and detests the new one.

I bought Premium CVs because I "liked" the RTS gameplay; if I were to ask a refund (as I'm planning to do), I want to be sure the RTS gameplay isn't coming back.

Well good Idea to ask for refund. Bought premium CVs too...

[SHAFT]
Players
10,237 posts
9,063 battles
3 minutes ago, Qduda85 said:

Well good Idea to ask for refund. Bought premium CVs too...

You can get refund in full doubloon value through the inventory. Which wont help since you said you dont want to play anymore.

There is no refund in real money.

Players
6,602 posts
10,790 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not really.

Ofc its a valid question! Do you know that most part of the playerbase actually classifies as "casual" - as in every game? They do not log in every day, they do not spend huge amout of time following news about the game, read forums, watch youtube, twitch etc... I was 100% sure these things would pop up. If you just go, start the game once per week, update the game and start as usualy - nothing is teling you HEY YOUR CV IS NOT THE CV IT USED TO BE !! you just klick in the game and go WTF?

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,847 battles

When not selecting numbers ( all tied to squadrons now ) you are in direct control of your CV as a ship......or after pressing "F"

You may be confused that before you pressed "1" to control your carrier. Now you are in direct control of your carrier when not in control of a squadron.....speed up, slow down, go left or right just like other ships.

When having to evade torps shot at you by DD that sneaked through and pop up near you, or manouevreing through narrow passes in between islands you still need it :-)

Players
2,596 posts
12,957 battles
1 hour ago, ForlornSailor said:

you just click in the game and go WTF?

I am not a casual, but every time I click into the game I too go WTF...

Your point is valid though. I can only imagine such people wanting to play their casual CV game and suddenly finding themselves into wowp light. And for the average casual, who doesn't follow info nor isn't too apt at the game, things like flak must be deadly.

I already saw several people commenting in the likes of "yea but rework is barely here, give it time, people will get better". Right. WG removed or lowered BB citadels cause not giving broadside was too hard.

Skillgap was and is here to stay, and lack of info you refer to is a big part of that.

• Cool 2

Players
1,678 posts
13,699 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

You can get refund in full doubloon value through the inventory. Which wont help since you said you dont want to play anymore.

There is no refund in real money.

Well, I did that and now I have 82k doubloons. Quite the disappointing refund since there is nothing worth buying with them.

• Cool 2