You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Game Choice, accurate reading.

42 comments in this topic

Players
2,307 posts

If WG really wants to know how their player base is reacting to the CV rework add this option of gameplay in port.

RANDOM, NO CV.

It will tell WG everything it needs to know about how people really feel.

------------------------

As suggested by another member this would be a better option.

"random but with old CV mechanics"

Edited by Migantium_Mashum
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

If WG really wants to know how their player base is reacting to the CV rework add this option of gameplay in port.

RANDOM, NO CV.

So also add "random no BB", "random, no DD", "random no radar", "random no def fire", "random, no conquerors", "random belfasts".

It's almost like people will pick the thing that takes away their biggest fear...

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
10,108 posts
11,872 battles
2 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

So also add "random no BB", "random, no DD", "random no radar", "random no def fire", "random, no conquerors", "random belfasts".

It's almost like people will pick the thing that takes away their biggest fear...

I'd like to see option "random no noobs". That thing alone would fix quite a number of issues in randoms. And spawn dozen of new ones:cap_tea:

• Funny 2

Players
2,307 posts

Given, I clearly wrote "reacting to the CV rework".... nevermind post as you will.

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
Just now, Panocek said:

I'd like to see option "random no noobs". That thing alone would fix quite a number of issues in randoms. And spawn dozen of new ones:cap_tea:

But what about "random no leets" if you want to farm them noobs?

What we really need is a list of boxes to tick

[x] Allow noobs

[o] Allow stalingrads

[x] Allow me to use stalingrad even if I didn't tick the box above

[x] Noobs only on enemy team

[x] No leets on my team

[x] Only people that are just good enough to win the game but not do the damage I want to do those noobs on the enemy team

[0] Disable reports on me

I mean, I'm sure such options would be used. Would they be a good addition and prove anything but "I want the game catered to me" is popular? I.. doubt it.

• Funny 1

6,234 posts
10,704 battles

But you see the problem? You're only talking about the CV rework. But then players start asking: 'Hey, if I can have an option, randoms without CVs, why can't I have randoms without BB/CL/CA/DD?'

As long as WG wants to have CVs in the game, I doubt we'll see any form of 'special randoms'.

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles

Also, a better and less purely biased anti CV option would be

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
1 minute ago, AgarwaenME said:

Yes, you're right.. that should have been the choice..

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
26 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

But you see the problem? You're only talking about the CV rework. But then players start asking: 'Hey, if I can have an option, randoms without CVs, why can't I have randoms without BB/CL/CA/DD?'

As long as WG wants to have CVs in the game, I doubt we'll see any form of 'special randoms'.

My title was a little inflexible it should have been as suggested by @AgarwaenME

"random but with old CV mechanics"  this would then show WG what players really think and by numbers not comments...

@Tyrendian89 why would the idea bore you? Don't you not want to know what the reaction is to the rework?

Please, if you have the time to react with a boring icon tell the forum why it bores you?

Edited by Migantium_Mashum

Players
2,307 posts
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Yes, lets run away from our problems, never solve them! It is so much easier :fish_palm:

How is it running away?

If the majority of players choose to play with CV's as they were the solution is clear... the new system is garbage and needs to go..

If the majority choose to play the reworked game then 8.0 is a success..

Numbers cannot speak so they cannot lie but it will give an accurate % of player base opinion..

WG afraid? You bet.

I have tagged @MrConwaybecause maybe he can ask WG to implement this... then they will see with their own eyes and the advocates of 8.0 will stay silent and rethink...

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,055 battles
45 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

RANDOM, NO CV.

------------------------

As suggested by another member this would be a better option.

This would be impossible to install into the game mechanics. It would cause a massive headache for Developers and Players alike, waiting times would be so frustrating you would lose valuable playing time.

You didn't think this through before you created the post, although I 100% agree that testing should never have been made on the live server, but is has, so Chill out, wait for fixes/patches, then make a constructive, logical post.

Players
2,307 posts
Just now, iJoby said:

This would be impossible to install into the game mechanics. It would cause a massive headache for Developers and Players alike, waiting times would be so frustrating you would lose valuable playing time.

You didn't think this through before you created the post, although I 100% agree that testing should never have been made on the live server, but is has, so Chill out, wait for fixes/patches, then make a constructive, logical post.

Why would it be impossible?

I am not an expert in programming so please explain...

We have coop, ranked, clan, random, missions etc etc so why not 2 versions of random? 

Maybe some developer deserves a headache because the players have a big one.

Players
1,277 posts
19,172 battles
48 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I'd like to see option "random no noobs".

wait time would be 2 days

• Funny 2

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,055 battles
Just now, Migantium_Mashum said:

Why would it be impossible?

I am not an expert in programming so please explain...

We have coop, ranked, clan, random, missions etc etc so why not 2 versions of random? 

Maybe some developer deserves a headache because the players have a big one.

Yes but co op, ranked and clan use the same developed ships, brining back the old ships, CV's BB's Cruisers and DD's would mean you would need to start from scratch to research them, you just can not have 2 different versions of each ship.

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles
3 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

How is it running away?

If the majority of players choose to play with CV's as they were the solution is clear... the new system is garbage and needs to go..

If the majority choose to play the reworked game then 8.0 is a success..

Numbers cannot speak so they cannot lie but give it will give an accurate % of player base opinion..

WG afraid? You bet.

I have tagged @MrConwaybecause maybe he can ask WG to implement this... then they will see with their own eyes and the advocates of 8.0 will stay silent and rethink...

You are ignoring the problem instead of trying to fix it.

Maybe communicate what needs to be better that WG can actually change it.

Just calling it Garbage does not even tell WG if you consider the new system too or strong or too weak.

How is WG then supposed to make it better?

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
29,055 battles
3 minutes ago, quickr said:

wait time would be 2 days

Monday: I will be playing WoWs on Saturday, probably best I get in the queue now.

• Funny 1

Players
3,430 posts
14,187 battles

It’s. Not. Even. Been. A. Full. Week.

How about maybe everybody just tries it. See what balances occur. See how WG react to feedback, short, med and long term. Then maybe, just maybe some of these I hate CV threads will hold an ounce of validity. 

I’ve not been able to play since the patch update but I’m sick of the player base moanfest and I don’t have enough popcorn to sit through all the forum, Facebook and reddit whinge reads.

• Cool 1

Players
2,307 posts
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You are ignoring the problem instead of trying to fix it.

Maybe communicate what needs to be better that WG can actually change it.

Just calling it Garbage does not even tell WG if you consider the new system too or strong or too weak.

How is WG then supposed to make it better?

They had all this information available before the launch.. they knew what this rework would do to the game.

How many testers told them how bad it was? I watched many a video on YouTube with testers stating this was not a good move...

Watched IChase and heard him laugh his way to massive damage points, not even bothering to aim...

If you have 2 choices and the player base choosing one in majority then the other choice becomes redundant...

Finally, premium paying players should not have a half worked game to play...they are not paying money to be guinea pigs for WG... or are they...

Give the choice get the answer: Random old CV or Random 8.0... WG will have the answer in 72 hours.

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles
Just now, Migantium_Mashum said:

They had all this information available before the launch.. they knew what this rework would do to the game.

How many testers told them how bad it was? I watched many a video on YouTube with testers stating this was not a good move...

Watched IChase and heard him laugh his way to massive damage points, not even bothering to aim...

If you have 2 choices and the player base choosing one in majority then the other choice becomes redundant...

Finally, premium paying players should not have a half worked game to play...they are not paying money to be guinea pigs for WG... or are they...

Stop living in the past.

We cannot dial back time.

That does not help solving the problem.

Players
2,307 posts
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Stop living in the past.

We cannot dial back time.

That does not help solving the problem.

Why are you against 2 Random choices?

Do you really think 8.0 will benefit this game?

Don't you want a healthy player base?

There is nothing to solve.. WG have broken the game..even CV captains don't like it...testers don't like it...players don't like it... are you actually reading the forum... have you seen how many people hate this rework...have you asked in the games you've played about other peoples opinions to the rework... I haven't had a single positive answer in 3 days..

WG is behaving like a Dictator and I for one will not be dictated to.. I will take my money somewhere else.

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles
1 minute ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Why are you against 2 Random choices?

Do you really think 8.0 will benefit this game?

Don't you want a healthy player base?

There is nothing to solve.. WG have broken the game..even CV captains don't like it...testers don't like it...players don't like it... are you actually reading the forum... have you seen how many people hate this rework...have you asked in the games you've played about other peoples opinions to the rework... I haven't had a single positive answer in 3 days..

WG is behaving like a Dictator and I for one will not be dictated to.. I will take my money somewhere else.

If there is nothing to solve for you, you can leave the game.

WG will not implement such an option.

WG will not bring back the RTS carriers.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,821 posts
18,437 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

I'd actually like this :Smile_hiding:

-- maybe I can try the "restore previous version" functionality on my laptop :cap_book:

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,661 posts
6,400 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

I see where you're coming from.

But as a software developer myself... Actually implementing something like that would almost unavoidably be the sort of kludged-up cluster:etc_swear: that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

You can branch the software and have two different clients with different CV core mechanics. That's fine. But just branching the CV code and having basically two different branches of the same functionality in one application.... that's the sort of Lovecraftian nightmare that makes programmers scream in their sleep and wet their beds.

Players
2,307 posts
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If there is nothing to solve for you, you can leave the game.

WG will not implement such an option.

WG will not bring back the RTS carriers.

I PAY TO PLAY A COMPLETE GAME THAT IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL BEFORE RELEASE NOT BE THE GUINEA PIG FOR SOME PILE OF EXPERIMENTAL GARBAGE WHILST STILL PAYING.

I am not alone and this will cost WG a lot of money.. you be happy though...