Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shlomo_Ishtov

Economic penalty for Wargaming will be the only thing that changes their mind

17 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
9,369 battles

Looking at the forum polls it seems about 65 to 70% of players want the update rolled back.

Unfortunately I believe the only way the Wargaming will do that is when they realize the diminishing revenue stream.

It will happen that those that don't just walk away, will simply stop spending, and avoid CV games.

Thank you in advance for not publicly displaying your *edited in a series of ad hominem replies that don't address the actual issue.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
14 posts
11,073 battles

Since the Beta feedback went the same way as players feedback now and they already chose to ignore it, I am afraid that people will be leaving and not spending anything automatically. This is our free time and we want to enjoy ourselves and most players don't enjoy this. I haven't talked to a single one who said: Yay, great update, so much fun.

It has nothing to do anymore with world of warships.

I would actually prefer them to remove carriers completely and make this an event like weather. 1-2 Minutes before you get a warning and some random planed pop out here and there, attack some random ships, and then leave. People could cluster up, use AA, etc and it could have some influence but it won't be like this.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,621 posts
20,473 battles

Nothing will change. They won't listen. Expect a "everyone loves the new CVs" video soon.

PS: I dropped to low tiers. Novik/Zhemchug is a nice ship.

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,325 battles

Sounds for me as if the belief is that there will never be an game update anymore. I believe that the game development continues and expect tweak patches to come in nearby future. Until then:cap_rambo:

IMHO the mentioned 60 - 70% are the same 60 - 70% which have bantered years in the ingame chat about the existence of CV`s and its the same 60 - 70% which vote accordingly in CV polls :D

I really like all classes, is the banter on the CV community because the ships are too long ? Please shed light on this, thank you. No offence please, I m handing out a free beer for all :)

Nerf, Buffs and changes will probably arrive with patches, we know that CVs are overpowered. Its just a matter of time.

BTW

I so hope planes can fly loopings someday in the game, using pink color consumable smoke + greeting with wingtip wobbles and flashing search light beams.

Dr. Jean Bart

Players
1,373 posts

@Shlomo_Ishtov Seriously offensive, dude. Bipolar has nothing whatsoever to do with either sociopathy or a greater propensity for verbally attacking people.

On topic: write reviews outside of this forum's bubble. New customers are in all likelihood more important to WG than retaining old ones. Besides, how are they going to tell you don't buy because of CV rework? You might just have all you'll ever need already, including, for many players, premium time till kingdom come.

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,320 posts

for sure the new concept is a huge step forward, compared to the previous gameplay. But of course much more tweaking and balancing is needed, for example the 'F' godmode for planes has to go, their spotting range has to be reduced, a launch delay at the start of the match has to be introduced and obviously WG forgot to activate the AA of many/most (AA) cruisers...

• Cool 5

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,621 posts
20,473 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

for sure the new concept is a huge step forward

There's an old soviet era joke about a central committee speech:

"Comrades! Yesterday we stood before a dark abyss! But today, we are taking a great step forward!"

Let's hope WG isn't like the old party, because  the rework looks more and more like the Corn Campaign vol.2.

• Funny 6

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,378 battles

I still do not have my opinion on rework, but it seems that planes should be slower, cut their speed by 50%, and introduce 1minute arming time between waves.

[SE_WO]
Players
231 posts
20,829 battles
1 hour ago, KopfloserReiter said:

Since the Beta feedback went the same way as players feedback now and they already chose to ignore it, I am afraid that people will be leaving and not spending anything automatically. This is our free time and we want to enjoy ourselves and most players don't enjoy this. I haven't talked to a single one who said: Yay, great update, so much fun.

It has nothing to do anymore with world of warships.

I would actually prefer them to remove carriers completely and make this an event like weather. 1-2 Minutes before you get a warning and some random planed pop out here and there, attack some random ships, and then leave. People could cluster up, use AA, etc and it could have some influence but it won't be like this.

THEY SCREWED UP WORLD OF WAR PLANES sorry about caps ,  and made it a arcade game . I quit spending money on that game when most of my clan quit. So they may as well screw up world of warships to . Then they can move on and screw up world of tank blitz ,they can add a air base and have players use tank busting planes with a never ending supply . That would be fun ,all the tanks would last about 5 seconds and game over , providing you can fly a plane with a mouse pad  .  

Needed is a WW1 mode in t5 to t9  , only WW1ships and no aircraft !  MAYBE a whole new game would be better World of Wooden warships 1800 to 1860 eira  .  player would need to learn to sail a  ship with  wind power ,  A GREEN GAME  HAhhaahahhhaaa 

up date sucks for me so far  !

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,460 battles

this is what happens when you introduce arty v2 into warships! and they deserve it! theyre only hope is to nerf them until they are balanced or incapable of anything: nerf plane HP, damage, speed, limited planes and maybe buff AA and after all of these we can enjoy the old destroyers, cruisers and battleships matches!

Players
4,506 posts
7,604 battles
4 hours ago, tenacious_torps said:

New customers are in all likelihood more important to WG than retaining old ones.

Nope.

The game is mature, at this stage of its life-cycle they should (and are) be aiming to maximise revenue per user.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,821 posts
18,437 battles
4 hours ago, Klopirat said:

for sure the new concept is a huge step forward, compared to the previous gameplay.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bender haha or wait you're serious

text isn't even needed

don't know how anyone could think this rework as "a huge step forward" .. unless you're legs are positioned wrong or something

imo none of the previous issues with CVs were (properly) addressed, more were introduced instead

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
69 posts
5,612 battles
20 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Nope.

The game is mature, at this stage of its life-cycle they should (and are) be aiming to maximise revenue per user.

Not really; we're getting past that.

Plus, the classic old "MMO life phases" don't work that well for F2P games anymore. Look at WoT, for example: eventhough most people would say it's a past-mature title, WG is solely focused on milking the new blood, because old veterans have had enough of WG.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Only two options I can see are to either not play or get so good at CVs you farm and annoy the hell out of the remaining players... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
307 posts
8,288 battles

To be honest, with a few tweaks to the mechanics, and nerfing some of the sillier aspects of the Tier X carriers, it'll end up like the old CV play;

1) Doesn't matter what you do, great players will still be great, bad players will still suck. Like old CVs, new version still allows for decent CVs to dominate through either skill, or mechanics understanding/exploitation.

2) They could have achieved exactly the same result by just removing fighters. 

3) CV play is fundamentally detached from the core game, and will only ever appeal to a small % of players once the excitement dies down

4) Let's face it, CV play is simplistic and repetitive compared to other classes - you're not thinking in terms of bow-tanking, AP v HE, do I break cover, do I smoke, kite away, go dark, harass targets, push in, etc... Broken down, it's simply pick one of three attack modes, fly about, fire/drop on something, repeat.

5) Now it's settled down a bit, I'm back to boats I was playing before patch, and for the most part there's little change except for the amusement of shredding planes with certain ships.

6) CVs get spotted from the moon now, so there's more chances to kill the flipping skypigs. 

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
7 hours ago, Shlomo_Ishtov said:

Looking at the forum polls it seems about 65 to 70% of players want the update rolled back.

Unfortunately I believe the only way the Wargaming will do that is when they realize the diminishing revenue stream.

It will happen that those that don't just walk away, will simply stop spending, and avoid CV games.

Thank you in advance for not publicly displaying your *edited in a series of ad hominem replies that don't address the actual issue.

If they roll back I will uninstall an quit - I have spend over 500€ already and after a loong looong I enjoy game again after this patch so ..

I don't know what's the big problem - they need a little tweak and we will finally have cv as a normal class in game and not that RTS I'am God and I decide who die first and last style 

Sign in to follow this