You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anunnak

My thoughts on this CV rework.

20 comments in this topic

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
10,420 battles

I'we decided to post my thoughts on the CV rework in a diffrent thread as most of them became full of irrevelant disscutions and personal attacks. I also hope the devs can notice that this rework has serious problems and broke some parts of the gameplay. I will try adress specific points that some of the other people have adressed on the forum plus some of my own. Please excuse my grammar, i'm not a native english speaker.

For starters. I'm dont have many CV games. I dont really care about CVs, i never considered them a problem in the game until now and i never wanted them to be removed. I was never against a rework! BUT:

- my first problem is regarding the speed of the planes. While the speed is close to historical models, using it in this game brakes the balance. In most games (if not all) ship classes like CL or BB can't even get to full speed and they are already spotted (and sometimes hit) by attack planes in the first 50 seconds of the game. While the plain speed is historical the map sizes are NOT and this just brakes the game!!

- DD's are spotted in the first minute at the start. Basicaly you cannot even get out of spawn and you get spotted and hit. As i'we seen in my games, DD's can't even get to the middle of the map and they have to smoke (and perhaps loose in the process 30-50% of their HP due to rockets).

- my second issue is with cooldowns and number of planes. The virtual limitless ammount of planes means you constantly have several squadrons on the map. This problem plus the number of CVs, 2 per game usualy, makes it again almost impossible to play in stealth. Further more you can also drop "figther planes" which provide more spotting. I agree that these planes (fighters) die fast but taking all things in consideration this brakes the gameplay.

- the large number of planes and their speed also makes spotting and scouting the entire map very easy. This has a further detrimental effect on stealth maneuvers or any strategy regarding not beeing spotted when attempting to capture , ambush or make a strategic move like surprising the enemy from a certain (unscouted) position. Wasn't the aim of this rework to remove constant spotting? It did exactly the opposite!

- The sheer ammount of planes and strike capability of the CVs make it almost impossible to stray from the group. Any avarage CV player (who knows how to dodge flak) can delete you without any problems. Having 2 CVs per team makes it even worse. Having more then one CV per team and no serious fighter gameplay to counter it encourages team strikes. What this does in the long rung is to make people lemming even more. Do we really need more of these? how many games are ruined by lemming trains?

- Regarding the skill gap the devs wanted to adress. Well, since the patch was introduced i see more skill gap then ever. Bad players are now even worse in their CVs, they loose all of their planes and have virtualy no contribution to the game (perhaps just the spot they manage for 30 seconds). Now i understand this is a new gameplay and they need to adjust but did it ever occured to the devs that some players are just very bad at this game regardless of what they do? Can the devs realise that this game is also played by alot of children and this gameplay will be challenging no matter what? I for one see no diffrence in difficulty comparing to the old system. In any case, not all people play the same, not all people have the same awareness, not all people have the same IQ or age, good pcs, good connection, etc. There are just too many variables. Equality of outcome (if this is what the devs want or lean towards) is just INSANE.

- Limitless planes. This isn't a good choice imo. It just makes the attack risk close to 0 and has the potential to encourage bad play as some players will just take the looses too easy. Bad players wont care that their squadrons will have longer cooldowns and even if they will eventualy care, it will pass a very long time because they learn very hard!!! Bad players will remain BAD anyway as they are just BAD at this game. How many of us saw people with thousands and thousands of games (even 10000k+) with horrible stats? They are just BAD or have BAD pcs or BAD connections. No matter what u change it wont matter. And another thing....the way they dissapear into thin air and take no more dmg when u press F is just a ridiculous system.

- Regarding AA. Some ships have become just very bad at AA. Not only that but i saw bizzare situations when not even full AA spec and Def AA on made little impact on squadrons (CV of the same tier - 6) or the opposite when in DD's i ruined full squadrons. The fact that you constantly loose your AA due to ship to ship attacks and the fact that CV have unlimited planes imo is a broken system. As i stated above. Any avarage player will be able to learn and dodge flak very soon and when u have 2 cvs per team this will just make it worse. High tier games are the worst at this point. CV's are just too powerfull there and the constant HE trashes ur defence.

- Regarding fighter consumable. Poor implementation imo - 3 or more planes fly from a BB or CL? really guys, where did u see 3-4 attack planes scramble from BBs and CLs at once? As for bombers and attack squadrons launching fighters and placing them on map is just plain ridiculous. Not only they get killed by flak but they also provide more spotting until then.  

To sum it up this patch needs ALOT of work. It shoudn't have been release like this. It feels like a rushed incomplete product, it feels like a beta game. The AA dmg seems, lets just say "adequate", although some ships suffer alot so it needs major tweeks. My worries are that when all the avarage or good players learn to dodge the flak CV's will just brake the game even further. My solution would be to drop completely the unlimited planes. It's just too powerfull of a tool in the right hands and it will only get worse. Another thing that i suggest is to tweek the plane speed. 

P.S. Nothing personal but please refrain from making useless chatter (trolling, flaming, 3 words sentences and such) in this thread. I for one pay for this game and i invested alot of money in both WOT and WOWS. I actualy wanna have a good experience and i care about it. I dont want a game tailored especialy for me i just want a balanced product. I suggest that anyone who wants to comment and contribute either respond to specific points i made with a solution or post their own complains/problems found in an orderly fashion so the devs cand read it and hopefully make adjustments. Thanks! ;)

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,200 posts
2,246 battles
3 hours ago, anunnak said:

- my first problem is regarding the speed of the planes. While the speed is close to historical models, using it in this game brakes the balance. In most games (if not all) ship classes like CL or BB can't even get to full speed and they are already spotted (and sometimes hit) by attack planes in the first 50 seconds of the game. While the plain speed is historical the map sizes are NOT and this just brakes the game!!

I agree with you about the problematic speed of planes, because... I also disagree with you about their speed in-game compared to historical values.

They can't be close to historical in-game because of game scale (you know that thing that makes a 900m/s shell reach 10km in only 5 seconds). Main problem is scale not mapsize.

Let's just take your own example: Planes are able to attack ships in under a minute. Considering you at least spawn at a minimum of 20km distance from the opposite fleet (it's more actually, but let's just see with just 20km), that means they do 20km in less than one min, so that's make at least 1200 km per hour, right? 

Even the F8F Bearcat as good as this superb climber was, it didn't go much faster than around 650-700 km/h iirc, and this is without any loadout. Same for F4U Corsair. Now give them 10 HVAR rockets, you just added at least 600kg, with a max loadout of 20 rockets that's 1.2 tons, they 'll never reach that max speed.

Not even talking about bombs and torpedoes planes: Skyraider can't go faster than 600 km/h, with no load. They could take as much as 3 tons worth of bombs, but again their speed would obviously be a lot under the 600km/h mark.

So game says Bearcat have a 238 knots speed... That's 440 km/h. But they manage to do at least 20km in less than a min? That's a minimum of 3x  too fast.

Considering game scale it is probably ok in terms of numbers, considering historical values that just nonsense. And I took 20km as an easy under estimated reference, with best US planes as an example.

So yeah, planes speed description might be close to IRL values, but in-game planes actual speed is at least twice (probably more like three times for a loaded plane) as fast as IRL because of scale.

So like I said, While I disagree about their actual speed compared to IRL, I do agree their speed is a problem. They are so fast they come like unlimited and 100% uptime afterburners post-war unloaded jets. Whether you sail in pre-tier 7 battle of Jutland era battleships or post tier 7 "fast"  WW2 battleships, that's lol.

Now, WoWS is an arcade game. So we don't care if their actual speed is not related to historical speed and we can't do much about mapsize (or else a game would last hours). But balance wise, it's problematic imo, because their insane speed make them able to harass/spot a ship with a 95% uptime over a game.

But that is just my opinion, nothing more.

TL;DR:

- Game description of planes speed is probably historical.

- In-game planes actual speed is not historical at all.

- In-game planes actual speed is ok considering game scale.

- In-game planes speed is problematic for balance purpose. 

[Edit]: Before anyone says anything like L2P etc, I have no problem fighting CVs, I just find the planes speed as balanced and immersive as pressing 'F' to instantly make planes immune to dmg and go back to the CV.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
26 posts
9,446 battles

I´m chiming in not to roar, but instead add some info. Take the first snippet just as an neutral intro:

It was in the first months of public beta that someone sat down and calculated the avg ship speed by comparing ship size to island decorations, especially houses and cars. Turns out that ships themselves are traveling around the map at up to 150 km/h (roughly 70 kts).

Plane Speed: 

The speed itself isn´t my personal main concern. For the boost to have an visual impact on the player you need a some what wide range of speed. After 3 days of testgrinding the new CV´s I found myself lackluster in certain situations. But that´s fine!

Plane Spotting Range: 

Here is one of my main concerns... Plane spotting range seems a bit powerful at times, maybe WG could try to play around with this value (as in lowering it) in the next micro update. They will still be able to spot a DD at his corresponding detected by air conceal. The value has always been there but now it has a real impact on the game since there is a more dangerous threat looming. Hark: Ganged up AA DD´s are very fearsome to CV´s!

CV Fighter Plane consumeable: 

Imho it´s rather useless, for the most part it´s a minor DPS Buff to a defended ship. On their own they´re next to useless since the "snap-on" simply takes to long. @WG: Why not give rocket planes and dive bombers an activateable strafe instead(with the cooldown and uses), simillar in dimensions to the old one. That way the CV player might be able to decide himself which planes to down (since it would be a dogfight wrecking your own planes somewhat in the process).

Limitless Planes: 

One plane at T8 has a recharge of about 1 minute +/- 10 secs. Getting two waves of Torp Bombers wrecked because you didn´t spot the cruiser in time (yeah, detectability by air is a thing...) for the most part means that you will be able to get your torp bombers ready for the last 3-4 minutes of the game.... truely gamebreaking -_-. This, in my humble opinion, was the most overcooked in prelaunch coverage and still is.

A) In fact you need to make the planes count as a CV.

B) WG can adjust it with a couple of clicks should the statistics show an overperformance (which I highly doubt).

Ship def. AA: 

You loose the majority of  your AA to HE spam by cruisers and BB´s, not due to carriers... watch out for the damage icons. As a CV you have to specificly aim for the modules, or have the luxury of an uninterrupted strike to get all of your rockets/bombs on target to maybe kill one or two AA mounts on a targeted ship. Then again you mostly kill the continueous mounts.

Flak: 

It´s strong, and it should be! But maybe @WG should try experimenting with the hit percentage in high tier a bit more... meaning reducing it just for comparisons sake. And there is even room for change... @WG: seriously, instead of the sector AA thing, think about giving dual purpose armament ships a toggle button to swith between surface and AA capabilities... meaning: Demand skill from players!

Sum of it all: I might seem fanboying to some... and I don´t mind. I like the new approach to carrier gameplay! I don´t think that it´s gamebreaking in it´s core... It´s more a thing of forcing the playerbase to reevealuate ships and corresponding tactics (like we are seeing already.. taskforces supporting each other for example). 

And this will, at least in the long run, keep the playerbase engaged if @WG is listening to them in terms of tweaks and stuff. 

On top of that it opens up a ton of designspace for Wargaming to implement new ideas so the game can stay fresh.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Players
321 posts
5,877 battles
Vor 37 Minuten, elduderino83 sagte:

I´m chiming in not to roar, but instead add some info. Take the first snippet just as an neutral intro:

It was in the first months of public beta that someone sat down and calculated the avg ship speed by comparing ship size to island decorations, especially houses and cars. Turns out that ships themselves are traveling around the map at up to 150 km/h.

Plane Speed: 

The speed itself isn´t my personal main concern. For the boost to have an visual impact on the player you need a some what wide range of speed. After 3 days of testgrinding the new CV´s I found myself lackluster in certain situations. But that´s fine!

Plane Spotting Range: 

Here is one of my main concerns... Plane spotting range seems a bit powerful at times, maybe WG could try to play around with this value (as in lowering it) in the next micro update. They will still be able to spot a DD at his corresponding detected by air conceal. The value has always been there but now it has a real impact on the game since there is a more dangerous threat looming. Hark: Ganged up AA DD´s are very fearsome to CV´s!

CV Fighter Plane consumeable: 

Imho it´s rather useless, for the most part it´s a minor DPS Buff to a defended ship. On their own they´re next to useless since the "snap-on" simply takes to long. @WG: Why not give rocket planes and dive bombers an activateable strafe instead(with the cooldown and uses), simillar in dimensions to the old one. That way the CV player might be able to decide himself which planes to down (since it would be a dogfight wrecking your own planes somewhat in the process).

Limitless Planes: 

One plane at T8 has a recharge of about 1 minute +/- 10 secs. Getting two waves of Torp Bombers wrecked because you didn´t spot the cruiser in time (yeah, detectability by air is a thing...) for the most part means that you will be able to get your torp bombers ready for the last 3-4 minutes of the game.... truely gamebreaking -_-. This, in my humble opinion, was the most overcooked in prelaunch coverage and still is. A) In fact you need to make the planes count as a CV. B) WG can adjust it with a couple of clicks should the statistics show an overperformance (which I highly doubt).

Ship def. AA: 

You loose the majority of  your AA to HE spam by cruisers and BB´s, not due to carriers... watch out for the damage icons. As a CV you have to specificly aim for the modules, or have the luxury of an uninterrupted strike to get all of your rockets/bombs on target to maybe kill one or two AA mounts on a targeted ship. Then again you mostly kill the continueous mounts.

Flak: 

It´s strong, and it should be! But maybe @WG should try experimenting with the hit percentage in high tier a bit more... meaning reducing it just for comparisons sake.

Sum of it all: I might seem fanboying to some... and I don´t mind. I like the new approach to carrier gameplay! I don´t think that it´s gamebreaking in it´s core... It´s more a thing of forcing the playerbase into reevealuate ships and corresponding tactics (like we are seeing already.. taskforces supporting each other for example). 

And this will, at least in the long run, keep the playerbase engaged if @WG is listening to them in terms of tweaks and stuff. 

On top of that it opens up a ton of designspace for Wargaming to implement new ideas so the game can stay fresh.

Reevaluation is already happening: DDs are disappearing, especially from high tiers. On SEA there are basically no DDs left at high and middle tiers. 

How you can -with a straight face - say that this "rework" is anything but broken is beyond me.

There are so many issus that it's ridiculous:

- supersonic bombers

- with radio location

- unlimited planes

- that will never run out due to the amazing F-key 

- cross drops still exist due to insane turning circles

-but now with super high flooding chance

- etc. etc.

As an end result we have a class, that can

- act anywhere on the map

- within seconds

- deal insanely high damage

- at no risk of being punished (Unlimited planes, F-key, ridiculous concealment, doesn't burn or flood)

- spots better than a DD

That's right, a CV is now basically a battleship with insane stealth and homing missiles. Good job WG. Perfect rework. You addressed none of the issues unicum CV players told you about during testing.

And what are they up to atm? Preparing another CV line that is even more bonkers than what we already have right now. 

I bought a V-25 and put my T-61 captain inside. Because I wanna have fun playing world of WARSHIPS. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
38 minutes ago, elduderino83 said:

Sum of it all: I might seem fanboying to some... and I don´t mind. I like the new approach to carrier gameplay! I don´t think that it´s gamebreaking in it´s core... It´s more a thing of forcing the playerbase to reevealuate ships and corresponding tactics (like we are seeing already.. taskforces supporting each other for example). 

i fully agree with you: i experience the new cv's as great fun; i even played more battles last days, having a great time. While playing my Ryujo (VI) i see 24 players having great great fun, graphics are great (all those AA-gunzzz in full action, so spectacular), and, i see battleships/cruisers tiers 5/6/7/8 shooting down >15 planes, those guys having real great time, for sure. And carrier players, such as me (and i am noobie carrier player, keep in mind) am also good times, my carrier has unlimited planes i mean, lol, great: so much nice action, kind of the game has gotten "faster pace" in general. Played also all my ships of the other ships classes, bb's/cruisers/dd and all of those are doing great now. So much like to see my AA in action, yeah, after update 8.0 I had to adept slightly to somewhat changed gameplay, but i managed to do so. Took me some time to figure out my changed tactics/strategy for my destroyers, oh yeah, but i succeeded doing so. All my destroyers doing real nice now (=same nice credits + XP); my Shimakaze (X) + Asashio (VIII) i first struggled, yes, but figurred out how to play them other ways, now those are doing great as before: believe it or not, my dd's still do  (early) cappings and Shima takes out planes (= nice extra credits + XP). As far as i see it: it is all about getting the feeling (battle instincts) for the right timing of yr actions, am a 100% sure about that. If one succeed doing so, well, then yr be fine and ya will have nice fun!

So me, I having good times: so much action, so great action, faster pace of battles, all the nice shootings with AA. So yeah, based on what i experienced myself i can say: game was great already before update 8.0 and it even get more fun after update 8.0, I like it, oh yes.
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
26 posts
9,446 battles
11 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

Reevaluation is already happening: DDs are disappearing, especially from high tiers. On SEA there are basically no DDs left at high and middle tiers. 

How you can -with a straight face - say that this "rework" is anything but broken is beyond me.

There are so many issus that it's ridiculous:

- supersonic bombers

- with radio location

- unlimited planes

- that will never run out due to the amazing F-key 

- etc. etc.

As an end result we have a class, that can

- act anywhere on the map

- within seconds

- deal insanely high damage

- at no risk of being punished (Unlimited planes, F-key, ridiculous concealment, doesn't burn or flood)

- spots better than a DD

That's right, a CV is not basically a battleship with insane stealth and homing missiles. Good job WG.

I bought a V-25 and put my T-61 captain inside. Because I wanna have fun playing world of WARSHIPS. 

If you do the f spamming thing you´re spending ore than 50% of the time engaging/disengaging from the "fight" and aren´t benefiting the team.

True that, RPF by planes is kind of unreasonable.

Since you might not have read everything I´ll coment the complaints.

Act anywhere on the map:

eehhm yes... like it was before but with far less strike potential, provided you get where you want unscathed.

Within seconds

...that´s just wrong.

Insane damage

So 2500-3500 damage per torp 

AVG 700 dmg/rocket

AVG 850 dmg/bomb

is insanely high... trying to get the measure here... whats an akizuki or every 152 spammer then?

Zero risk

again, just a wrong assumption (10km detection radius, traveltime of planes + recharge rate...)

Spotting

If you get to the nitty gritty things it´s actually worse than that of a dd, but I know... details

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,342 battles

As hardcore CV player enjoying the new system and guilty of destruction:

Good initial OP post, I agree on all points. Please make us weak !

--------------------------------

Taking away the airspeed will create pain, its so awesome.

I rather prefer receiving double the flak.

Im glad I can choose the ways of self torture here :D

Either waterboarding or the body stretcher.

What about flying BBs with attached square wheels ?

--------------------------------

Wait 2 weeks with a patch, we want to have more RedBull CV fun gnhihihihihihih ;D

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
16 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

>>>>>> DDs are disappearing<<<<<<

?????....you first, lol. But me, I keep playing my destroyers (Shima/Khaba/Asashio being my favs); after update 8.0 my destroyers are doing real ok, even my Shima shoots down planes (= does from time to time >100K damage, with torps 9.6 range 72 knots) and as from Saturday last also my fav Asashio (VIII) doing great again (= regularly doing damage u/i some 160k from time to time, regularly basis).

so, about getting rid of yr destroyers??...you first! lol...i will hang on to mine for sure, cuz I am experiencing great active vibrant fast-paced excellent gameplay with those! Cheers!

Players
321 posts
5,877 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, elduderino83 sagte:

If you do the f spamming thing you´re spending ore than 50% of the time engaging/disengaging from the "fight" and aren´t benefiting the team.

True that, RPF by planes is kind of unreasonable.

Since you might not have read everything I´ll coment the complaints.

Act anywhere on the map:

eehhm yes... like it was before but with far less strike potential, provided you get where you want unscathed.

Within seconds

...that´s just wrong.

Insane damage

So 2500-3500 damage in one attack per torp is insanely high... trying to get the measure here... whats an akizuki then

Zero risk

again, just a wrong assumption

Spotting

If you get to the nitty gritty things it´s actually worse than that of a dd, but I know... details

The new CVs are already breaking the old damage records. Hakuryu at 550k now.And the average damage is on par with the old carries, despite people still learning how to use them.

Zero risk: losing planes poses no risk to the carrier. The F-key aggravates this issue.

Spotting: DDs are now spotted within the first minute of the match. Nobody cares about DDs spotting a BB. CV spot DDs, making them the best spotters in the game. Logic.

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,157 posts
20,117 battles
7 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

The new CVs are already breaking the old damage records.

Keep in mind that this is happening WHILE everyone who has half a brain has gone into a full or at least partial AA spec, which was rarely, if ever the case with the old CVs.

Thus it stands to reason that if reworked CVs were thrown into a meta in which barely anyone goes AA spec or even uses DFAA like it was the case previously, they would get even more obscene results than they do already.

Beta Tester
26 posts
9,446 battles
5 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

The new CVs are already breaking the old damage records. Hakuryu at 550k now.And the average damage is on par with the old carries, despite people still learning how to use them.

Zero risk: losing planes poses no risk to the carrier. The F-key aggravates this issue.

Spotting: DDs are now spotted within the first minute of the match. Nobody cares about DDs spotting a BB. CV spot DDs, making them the best spotters in the game. Logic.

Top Damage tracked on WoWs numbers for Hakuryu is clocking in at ~350k atm, still nasty :D

F-Key spamming: My guess is it will most likeley be adressed in the next micro.

Pushing without support will be punished now, yeah. Except for everything with descent dual purpose guns.

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
25 minutes ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

Zero risk: losing planes poses no risk to the carrier

...zero risks you say???...lol...go tell that to my fast Khabarovsk (X): my last game it was heavily attacked by some usn carrier (VIII) comfortably hidden behind an island, spamming my Khaba with many planes and did do some hits....Khaba shot some 10 planes down, avoided trops and went later on rushing that carrier at high speed and torped it up close  10x torps launched, lol, from some 3 km distance...(bye sweetheart! greetings from Khaba, lol)...even my Shima has very nice speed, can do all kinds of crazy/funny stuff (even early cappings, depends circumstances). Only 1x thing is required: creativity! Circumstances you face in battles are endless (no battle is the same, so adapt, have an eye for the possibilities in the battle ya play at that specific moment in time and be creative as hell!). So for me it is: update 8.0 even further enriched vibrancy and action of this great game: it feels kind of the game generally speaking went somewhat more fast-paced imho (= graphics are real nice, so many things happening same time, one has ta be creative, and that's exactly the fun of it all!

Players
10,117 posts
11,884 battles
27 minutes ago, elduderino83 said:

Insane damage

So 2500-3500 damage per torp 

AVG 700 dmg/rocket

AVG 850 dmg/bomb

is insanely high... trying to get the measure here... whats an akizuki or every 152 spammer then?

Dive bombers (US and IJN) can score around 15-23k dmg in PERFECT conditions, I literally mean perfect and RNGesus approved

-unsaturated ship dmg wise

-not smurt enough to evade

-without flak during bombing sequence, where planes are the most vulnerable

-all bombs landing on target

*in case of IJN, all bombs finding their way to citadel and not overpenetrating, for which cruisers you need to drop bombs very late, when planes exit their dive. Again, can be mitigated by good old standard issue, WSAD mk.1

[RO-RN]
Players
901 posts
11,489 battles

Nerf until is balanced or cant decide the fate of match anymore! nerf plane HP, limited planes, increased aa power, decrease carrier HP and the list can go on! 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,821 posts
18,448 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Keep in mind that this is happening WHILE everyone who has half a brain has gone into a full or at least partial AA spec, which was rarely, if ever the case with the old CVs.

Thus it stands to reason that if reworked CVs were thrown into a meta in which barely anyone goes AA spec or even uses DFAA like it was the case previously, they would get even more obscene results than they do already.

working as intended ?

imo this whole rework is a failure from the start - the core CV gameplay didn't need to be changed, just some extras needed tweaking (e.g. unresponsive UI) or to be removed (e.g. AP bombers)

it feels like the game went back to Beta .. didn't even know such a thing was possible but seems like with WG you can never be sure

• Cool 1

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
10,420 battles

Thank you all for the posts and interesting remarks.  

3 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...zero risks you say???...lol...go tell that to my fast Khabarovsk (X): my last game it was heavily attacked by some usn carrier (VIII) comfortably hidden behind an island, spamming my Khaba with many planes and did do some hits....Khaba shot some 10 planes down, avoided trops and went later on rushing that carrier at high speed and torped it up close  10x torps launched, lol, from some 3 km distance...(bye sweetheart! greetings from Khaba, lol)...even my Shima has very nice speed, can do all kinds of crazy/funny stuff (even early cappings, depends circumstances). Only 1x thing is required: creativity! Circumstances you face in battles are endless (no battle is the same, so adapt, have an eye for the possibilities in the battle ya play at that specific moment in time and be creative as hell!). So for me it is: update 8.0 even further enriched vibrancy and action of this great game: it feels kind of the game generally speaking went somewhat more fast-paced imho (= graphics are real nice, so many things happening same time, one has ta be creative, and that's exactly the fun of it all!

One time experiences dont count that much, it's just anecdotal evidence. Anything can happen "one time" or several times between long intervals. To be brought as evidence it needs to be consistent, for example in every game you get spotted from the fist min of the game due to very fast planes and map scale. This is just wrong from the reasons stated above, u cant even try a strategy involving stealth or something. The risk isnt big especialy for the people who learned how to avoid flak, there are videos out there from experienced players teaching you how to do it. Limitless planes also could encourage bad players to just go forward and prob loose them.  I already stated that in some circumstances you shoot down planes and in others u cant do anything even with full aa spec and Def aa. Some ships are just broken now. The fact that graphics are "better" makes little diffrence. Im not that worried about cosmetic changes as i am for unbalance issues. Fast paced doesnt mean a good thing in the long run as it can burn you out faster. The CV game play is very repetitive and this has me worried as ppl might get bored soon and we will have the same situation as before but this time with a broken system. 

[SP4WN]
Players
67 posts
10,420 battles

This video explains very well how AA is broken and how the system can be fooled and exploited by every CV player. To summarise: FULL AA spec and sector reinforcement on  Minotaur does little to no damage and cannot stop any attacks. The only chance someone has is to cluster AA ships close together. Now imagine platoon CV's with avarage to skilled players avoiding all the flak bursts and totally deleting players from the map. It's just a matter of time before everything will be completely ruined.Enjoy!

P.S. Lets not forget: limitless planes and magic F key!