tsounts

Minotaur captain skills 0.8.0

20 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles

Just out of curiosity, what are your Mino's captains' skills guys and setups post 0.8.0?

Even though I'm aa specced I'm having a hard time shooting down planes since they just disappear after they have dropped me.  I've had better luck with a no aa specced Gearing and Republique in terms of shooting planes down than with my Mino and in all cases they were tier x planes...

Maybe it was one of those bad luck matches..

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

15 hours ago, tsounts said:

Just out of curiosity, what are your Mino's captains' skills guys and setups post 0.8.0?

Even though I'm aa specced I'm having a hard time shooting down planes since they just disappear after they have dropped me.  I've had better luck with a no aa specced Gearing and Republique in terms of shooting planes down than with my Mino and in all cases they were tier x planes...

Maybe it was one of those bad luck matches..

Jim, for the very first time ever in WoWs I am also 100% in doubt what to do with all my captains...

We, as a community, simply have no answers now and only time (i.e. more experience with all these changes) would tell us what to do...

For time being I am removing all my captain skills from almost all my captains (I will keep just few BB and DD captains specced) before this 7-day of free respecting is done... I simply see no other solution...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles

Even the anti-air module on slot 3 feels rather lacking, I mean, just 2 extra aa puffs? Many aa skills feel totally worthless now but they gave us a 10 day period for free testing after a patch that has changed CVs in a totally different way to what we knew.

• Cool 2

[ARYA]
Players
597 posts
15,580 battles
5 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Jim, for the very first time ever in WoWs I am also 100% in doubt what to do with all my captains...

We, as a community, simply have no answers now and only time (i.e. more experience with all these changes) would tell us what to do...

For time being I am removing all my captain skills from almost all my captains (I will keep just few BB and DD captains specced) before this 7-day of free respecting is done... I simply see no other solution...

Leo "Apollo11"

I have done same to all my captains. Continuous damage does almost nothing and AFT or manual are waste of points too

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

16 hours ago, tsounts said:

Even the anti-air module on slot 3 feels rather lacking, I mean, just 2 extra aa puffs? Many aa skills feel totally worthless now but they gave us a 10 day period for free testing after a patch that has changed CVs in a totally different way to what we knew.

Jim, it is not 10 days... it is just 7...

image.png.3b0430cb1d2563796d35dcfc1ce0edf6.png
Discount starts: Thu. 31 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 31 Jan. 06:00
Discount Ends: Fri. 08 Feb. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 08 Feb. 06:00

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles
31 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Jim, it is not 10 days... it is just 7...

image.png.3b0430cb1d2563796d35dcfc1ce0edf6.png
Discount starts: Thu. 31 Jan. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 31 Jan. 06:00
Discount Ends: Fri. 08 Feb. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 08 Feb. 06:00

Leo "Apollo11"

Ok, I had read somewhere that we were given some extra days but apparently it's not the case.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

35 minutes ago, tsounts said:

Ok, I had read somewhere that we were given some extra days but apparently it's not the case.

We will get 1 more week of free change but in 2 months time (i.e. long long time from now)...

Leo "Apollo11"

[SHAFT]
Players
316 posts
4,197 battles

I'm just going:

PT

AR

JOAT

Superintendent

SE

CE

RPF

I tried using full AA builds on my 19 point Mino captain but it didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference if an enemy CV wanted to go after me or not. So I've just gone back to the build I was using pre-update 0.8.0 until stuff gets ironed out.

• Cool 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles

I've used PT-AR-SI-CE-BFT-AFT-JoaT with good effect before and I find it still workable now, due to high dps on mid range coupled with wall of flak, though with upcoming hotfix shifting focus from flak to continuous dps, I might ditch AFT for Manual AA.

18 hours ago, tsounts said:

AA mod 1 is the most effective on low AA ships, as flak goes from 1 to 3 for example. Granted, you still need CV willing to fly through them, but with three its more likely than with one

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles
22 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I've used PT-AR-SI-CE-BFT-AFT-JoaT with good effect before and I find it still workable now, due to high dps on mid range coupled with wall of flak, though with upcoming hotfix shifting focus from flak to continuous dps, I might ditch AFT for Manual AA.

AA mod 1 is the most effective on low AA ships, as flak goes from 1 to 3 for example. Granted, you still need CV willing to fly through them, but with three its more likely than with one

Upcoming hotfix? Is there such a thing coming and when?

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
1 minute ago, tsounts said:

Upcoming hotfix? Is there such a thing coming and when?

you might want to bookmark that forum section

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
4,888 battles

The Enhanced Smoke Genereator is very useless - I am so disapointed. You have to choose between concealment mod wich seems more useful. No ? 

My Mino:

Captain is Bert Dunkirk (13 points) with,

1. Priority Target (1)

2. Incoming fire alert (1)

3. Smoke screen expert (2)

4. Adrenalie Rush (2)

5. Superintendent (3)

6. Concealment Expert (4)

I think I will use,

7. Radio location

And not sure what i will use my last 2 points if I ever get them. 

Upgrades

Magazine mod

Damage Control

Aiming

Steering gears

Enhanced Smoke Generator (Probably will change back to Concealment mod )

Main Battery mod

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles

I didn't fancy the enhanced smoke generator, it states worst dispersion when enemy is firing at you and almost at the end of the match a single shell from an Alabama's rear turret hit me and citadeled me while I was turning and lost us the match.

I can say with certainty that after the hotfix bft with manual aa just shreds planes like butter.

[AAO]
Players
1,570 posts
21,008 battles
8 hours ago, Atorpad said:

As far as i did understand AFT is waste of 4 point on any cruiser 

Atlanta and Flint can really use the range.

But yeh, i'd say AFT is only useful to get additional gun range.

• Cool 2

[-SOG-]
Players
404 posts
8,996 battles
On 2/12/2019 at 7:18 AM, tsounts said:

I can say with certainty that after the hotfix bft with manual aa just shreds planes like butter.

So this is possible the new way to play AA ships if thats what you want? BFT or Manual AA as priority is the question though?

It feels like we would need some more free weeks or just some random free respec weekends here and there with all the hotfixes and rebalances they carry out, or just 1 respec per hotfix/spec to allow for tweaking untill this open beta is over...

[SHAFT]
Players
1,097 posts
23,538 battles
3 hours ago, affie said:

So this is possible the new way to play AA ships if thats what you want? BFT or Manual AA as priority is the question though?

It feels like we would need some more free weeks or just some random free respec weekends here and there with all the hotfixes and rebalances they carry out, or just 1 respec per hotfix/spec to allow for tweaking untill this open beta is over...

Yeah but they won't do that.  They have released the unfinished carrier reworked joke patch and now they are messing them up all the time.  To be honest I haven't really changed many of my captains and I feel pretty much ok now after the last cv nerfs they have implemented.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
1,161 posts
20,886 battles
17 hours ago, tsounts said:

Yeah but they won't do that.  They have released the unfinished carrier reworked joke patch and now they are messing them up all the time.  To be honest I haven't really changed many of my captains and I feel pretty much ok now after the last cv nerfs they have implemented.

Snap, left all mine alone, i did make some changes, but they where ones I had wanted to make anyway, so a free re-skill was a bonus.

• Cool 1

Players
26 posts
9,314 battles

Love how long the mino has been out and no one has noticed or mentions to WG that the modal they used is to the wrong ship .... the Minotaur class was a real ship class for the RN with the HMS Swiftsure being one of the ships in that class 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur-class_cruiser_(1943)

the model we have been given resembles the Dido class more .... its like WG got completely confused with the BP's and ended up making something that resembles something that existed and naming it the wrong class 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dido-class_cruiser

i wounder if they will ever fix this inconsistency or just ignore it and pretend it never happened  

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
1 hour ago, Sayuri_Valintine said:

Love how long the mino has been out and no one has noticed or mentions to WG that the modal they used is to the wrong ship .... the Minotaur class was a real ship class for the RN with the HMS Swiftsure being one of the ships in that class 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur-class_cruiser_(1943)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minotaur-class_cruiser_(1947)