You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Is there a way for player to know how he damaged/killed enemy aircraft (i.e. "FLAK" and/or "Continuous damage")?

14 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,509 posts
16,025 battles

Hi all,

Is there a way for player to know how he damaged/killed enemy aircraft (i.e. "FLAK" and/or "Continuous damage")?

If that info doesn't exist right now would that, if implemented by WG and put in UI, be useful for player and help us all to build better AA builds and better AA strategies/tactics?

Leo "Apolllo11"

P.S.

I was away on trip and didn't play a single game against CV in v0.8.0 in "Random" - I played just 1 "Ranked" and several "CoOps" (and there are no CVs in them)...

Players
2,611 posts
11,390 battles

If its how much damage done to planes, on the top right corner? Where the spotting damage is.

Beta Tester
1,156 posts
3,075 battles
11 minutes ago, pra3y said:

If its how much damage done to planes, on the top right corner? Where the spotting damage is.

He's asking how much of his aa damage came from flak and how much from 'passive' AA.

Players
2,611 posts
11,390 battles
5 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

He's asking how much of his aa damage came from flak and how much from 'passive' AA.

Image result for homer hide gif

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,070 battles

I'm pretty sure WG has no idea how the new AA system works either, u can be fully AA specked and shoot down nothing or u can shot down everything having invested nothing. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,216 posts

Ill sneak my question here... hope u dont mind Leo :)

when you commit to an attack run (left mouse click), but realize you overshot... how do I abort the attack (same as letting attack timer run out). I could just drop the load into water, but the attacking squad returns to CV... Am I making any sense?

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,156 posts
3,075 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

when you commit to an attack run (left mouse click), but realize you overshot... how do I abort the attack (same as letting attack timer run out). I could just drop the load into water, but the attacking squad returns to CV... Am I making any sense?

if you dont click, iirc they abort the attack run after 8 seconds.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,509 posts
16,025 battles

Hi all,

3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

I don't mind... :Smile_honoring:

I only played new CVs in CoOp (late Thursday to gain "SnowFlakes") and if I overshoot I just waited for the timer to run out and tried again (if I expended ammo I would not have the opportunity to try again)...

Leo "Apolllo11"

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
9,371 battles

Then allow me to ask mine aswell: Is there a way to make server reinforcement UI static? As in: I want my port AA sector to always be on the left and starboard on the right as opposed to having the circle change direction based on your camera orientation (such as when looking backwards or left/right).

[THESO]
Players
4,216 posts
1 minute ago, domen3 said:

Then allow me to ask mine aswell: Is there a way to make server reinforcement UI static? As in: I want my port AA to always be on the left and starboard on the right as opposed to having the circle change direction based on your camera orientation (such as when looking backwards or left/right).

:)

I dont think that would make it on wgz priority list any time soon. Sounds more like a mod material.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
9,371 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

:)

I dont think that would make it on wgz priority list any time soon. Sounds more like a mod material.

Yeah, I thought the exact same thing....I hope somebody makes one

• Cool 1

Players
1,910 posts
31 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

I'm pretty sure WG has no idea how the new AA system works either, u can be fully AA specked and shoot down nothing or u can shot down everything having invested nothing. 

So you really think the people that made the AA system have no clue how it works? 

"Oh, i think we accidentally coded an AA system"? One thing is clear tho. You don't know anything about game development if you think that is how it works. :Smile_veryhappy:

But i do agree the AA system needs some work tho. Feels weird. Some times you don't shoot down anything in AA specced AA ships and other times you shred planes with a none AA specced DD. 

Its the flak that makes it feel wierd, but its not rewarding to play AA ships. 

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles

Quite frankly I don't particularly see why differentiating between flak and continuous damage would help. Just apply a bit of logic to it.

Players that cannot dodge the former get their squad killed anyway regardless of build, while building for continuous DPS is the only way to kill aircraft from those who can.

And that is provided you have a sufficient base to work with (aka play a Mino/DM/Salem/Worcester/etc). If you do not all you can do is pray that the enemy CV is a potato.