Graeme17O1

1701's Verdict On 0.8.0

45 comments in this topic

[1701]
[1701]
Players
639 posts
11,655 battles

Fleet 1701 has 50 active captains in it with more in the waiting to join. Those of us who play CVs (myself included) are horrified at what you (wargaming) have done to our beloved World Of Warships. Not only have you ruined and hurt CVs but you have also made DD play completly unbalanced

You have people talking of, and leaving the game.............

Whats the chance of a server back roll?

Sony did this sort of thing in Star Wars Galaxies. When they made a huge change (like this) the made the rest of the game poor to say the least. It made alot of people quit. Lets not let this happen here.

Just our opinion. I'm sure others have theirs.

forrestalfire.jpg.ef20ddc63cc82406adf3d4cd56d3e2d6.jpg

• Cool 20
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
5 posts
4,882 battles

Completely agree. I find playing DD to be pointless now. Always spotted and attacked immediately after battle starts. Wargaming need to start listening to us players more. Maybe implement a poll system for updates similar to how RuneScape works. 

• Cool 5

[1701]
Players
120 posts
13,471 battles

I love WOWS, it is my favourite game ever! That why it hurts to see it in its current state

To be honest, without the good people from the clan, I would probably take about a months break away from the game until the smoke clears. 

I tried CVs in the closed test and in the public test. It is not for me, but that is ok.

As for the core gameplay of all ather classes, I knew that things would be a bit messy and unballanced for a while. 

After all, how do you balance a class where everyone is by default a new player against tier 10 veterans of other classes, 

so as the CV playerbase starts learning the new mechanics and improve, there would continuosly be major balance changes.

However, the things I feared after testing has turned out to be much worse than I imagined. I will not even talk about AA and damage

output balancing as I know that is still a work in progress. It is more that the only way to defend against the spotting and/or focusing of

carriers is to play passive and hope that you get a team that collectively decides to push. In the end If your team decides to push forward,

chances are that the enemy team doesn´t and you win on points trying to get close to enemies running away. Win or loose it is not fun

right now.

Thankfully we have ranked without carriers.

Oh, and I am d DD main. I haven´t even tried playing DDs in random since 0.8.0. I know DDs suffer when there are many CV's that is to be expected  

This is not even about how DD gameplay is dead. I tried to find my fun in ships that fit the meta better, but no.

Not about to quit, just don´t enjoy random battles right now. 

• Cool 6

[1701]
[1701]
Alpha Tester
11 posts
6,442 battles

If things stay like this I will not be playing this game for much longer.... (maybe just operations unless you screw that up too) and with the announced radar rework I might be outta here even sooner. DD's have become obsolete. Cant get close to a cap, cant get close to an enemy... virtually perma spotted all the time and so are all my torps. Unless you are trying to change the role of DD's and make them hang BEHIND AA speced cruisers and bbs.... this patch sucks. My fully AA speced neptune cant shoot down a blimp let alone a torp bomber.

Someone might say "you haven't grasped it yet"... yes.. i did... played all stages of PTS.

In regards to that radar rework..... Electronic Countermeasures (radar jammers and hydro disturbance) should be introduced for DDs. Those things DID exist at the time.

I was a hardcore tank player for 6 years... you had a formula that worked and then you did that whole arty rework which ruined the game... then the OP premium tanks....    I stopped playing tanks and now you will make me stop playing warships.

• Cool 4

[ICON]
Beta Tester
109 posts
30,509 battles

I feel you all and i agree but a rollback is an Utopian thing it will never happen.
They will promote "wait" for fixes but of course there is not a fix to the altered strategies.
All the update "smells" PS4 and Xbox and that's were the money is and WG as a company will just follow the money not us unfortunately.

• Cool 4

Players
832 posts
9,657 battles

Guys, I do not like it one bit either but I'll keep playing and hope that Wargaming fixes the issues.

There are issues that can be fixed. 

Remember that people jobs may be at risk, keep on playing, make constructive criticism and complain, of course.

• Cool 1

[1701]
[1701]
Players
639 posts
11,655 battles

The more we complain (paying customers) the more wargaming should listen.

• Cool 3

Players
1,373 posts
22 minutes ago, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

Guys, I do not like it one bit either but I'll keep playing and hope that Wargaming fixes the issues.

There are issues that can be fixed. 

Remember that people jobs may be at risk, keep on playing, make constructive criticism and complain, of course.

Conceptual mistakes cannot be fixed by rebalancing. Super fast planes makes concealment effectively RNG based, you can not plan your moves in ships relying on it. This is at the core of new CV gameplay, there is no timely fix for it but either drop CVs altogether or revert to the old system. And time is a factor here, once people are sufficiently p.o.ed they're very unlikely to come back, but very likely to leave reviews on their experience that will make acquiring new players quite an uphill battle.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[1701]
[1701]
Alpha Tester
11 posts
6,442 battles
14 minutes ago, Graeme17O1 said:

The more we complain (paying customers) the more wargaming should listen.

As a player of World Of Tanks i can say that they have already proven  that they don't care. Old players go.... new players come that haven't played the old gameplay and the game will be fine for them. Eventually this will all be fogotten and so will we.

I really hope they listen cause i really did enjoy the game. Now if i wanna play a decent game without a boatload if new icons and numbers flying through the sky and getting rocketed the whole match i am forced to play my tier 9 in ranked even though i already have the tier 10 so my game is not progressing.

I wonder how crappy the operations are gonna be when they bring em back.

• Cool 1

[1701]
[1701]
Alpha Tester
11 posts
6,442 battles

Once the playerbase starts declining they will launch an advertising campaign like they did for tanks. Here in croatia there were world of tanks commercials on TV massivly...  i dont know about other countries. Every magazine or news paper had a WOT advert in it... youtube ads... facebook ads.... and then there was even more in game retardednes going on.

• Cool 1

[MHMTC]
Players
23 posts
14,917 battles

i agre with all of you, just had 5 games in row with tirpitz in every game shot 4 planes disaster, before this update i have per battle 15 to 20 planes shot now nightmare whole time you fight with planes its not normal at all so for now stoped random only operation ocasionaly until they rool back or fix but how i see ofering free retraing and some bulshit mision that not hapenig so WG you [edited]yourself and burn to ground i wish you worst only.

• Cool 2

[1701]
[1701]
Players
639 posts
11,655 battles

The bastards did the same in the UK.

They killed Tanks and now are killing boats.

Congrats Wargaming. My 590 days premium is WASTED! Can I get a refund on all purchases please as this is NOT the game I paid for or agreed to be changed in such a manor!

Kind Regards,

1 Pissed Off Fleet Leader.

• Cool 3

[1701]
Players
4 posts
26,858 battles

As a long time Warship CV player I find the CV revamp terrible. As previously discussed the learning time to develop the new skills needed is too long and the results are no where near what the CV could do in its previous incarnation. I have suspended playing CV's at present and doubt that I'll go back to them.

I understand that WG is there to make money but fail to see why/how the present update improves the game play.

Please if you want to change the CV rethink it. It isn't working.

g

• Cool 2

[1701]
[1701]
Players
639 posts
11,655 battles

Wargaming need to look after the Vets and make it better for the loyal people and not aim the game we all love to a new type of player. A console/arcade type player.

• Cool 2

Players
82 posts

I can really see the CV gameplay working on a tablet so why not sell it in app stores and take the new Servers and unleash this version on console but for the love of god do something else for PC

you could actually tripple your income with very little input from yourselves

• Cool 2

Players
44 posts

With All My respect, WG ruin World of warships as like They do with World of tanks, They made a bigg changements in Artys & after the changements, lot of players leave the game, you can check this in the forum or in reddit, and now its Wows turn ...
WG doesn't respect the community choices. The game became unbalanced after the CV reworks..

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[1701]
[1701]
Alpha Tester
11 posts
6,442 battles

I made up my mind.... my premium expires in a day and i am not renewing it. I have mothballed my fleet. All commanders reset and all upgrades removed.....

I'll come back in a month and decide if i wanna play this game or not.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
12 posts
6,231 battles
On 2/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, Elias_D said:

I feel you all and i agree but a rollback is an Utopian thing it will never happen.
They will promote "wait" for fixes but of course there is not a fix to the altered strategies.
All the update "smells" PS4 and Xbox and that's were the money is and WG as a company will just follow the money not us unfortunately.

Has nothing to do with consoles...why do people have to blame consoles lol.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles
2 minutes ago, Armoured_Reaper said:

Has nothing to do with consoles...why do people have to blame consoles lol.

So removing the RTS style gameplay that can't work on consoles, to a system that does work on consoles arund the same time WG announces WoWs on console does seem like too much of a coincidence to me.

On topic, I will not stop playing, far from it. But it sure is convenient that Battlefleet Gothic 2 got released recently until I wait for that hotfix.

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
On 2/3/2019 at 2:03 PM, Winged_Cat_Dormant said:

And? Making contructive criticism and complain? We already did during the test and ignored. And when you don't listen to your customers, when you just keep on your direction without any explication or message, it's normal to get the customers upset. Personnally, I would be so happy to see them falling down. When I do a crap on a job, it's simple: you loose it. I don't know why we should "care about their jobs".  But I know it won't happen because there are enough people to stay on the game and they'll bring zombies or kids (same things ...) to play.

And as people said; this game is for consoles now. That's what they wanted.

Players
832 posts
9,657 battles
17 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

And? Making contructive criticism and complain? We already did during the test and ignored. And when you don't listen to your customers, when you just keep on your direction without any explication or message, it's normal to get the customers upset. Personnally, I would be so happy to see them falling down. When I do a crap on a job, it's simple: you loose it. I don't know why we should "care about their jobs".  But I know it won't happen because there are enough people to stay on the game and they'll bring zombies or kids (same things ...) to play.

And as people said; this game is for consoles now. That's what they wanted.

Ok.

[1701]
[1701]
Players
639 posts
11,655 battles

When loading in this AM, WOWS is now WOCV's? There's NOT a Warship to be seen lol. Salt in the wound from Wargaming?

Untitled.thumb.png.92abce0563f5708989f6a693764392f6.png

• Funny 1