You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Azrael_Ashemdion

Brief review of ranked.

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
358 posts
16,931 battles

Cool game mode.

Totally nothing to do with individual play.

Congrats on wasting yet another season, you *edit.

Az

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,781 battles

ranked was always *edit, and apparently always will be, after 11 seasons i am convinced that's intentional.

Edited by Rvirgo
  • Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles

Yep. Best camo Yugumo running away to the furthest heal buff and 20km sniping Musashi. I've lost my nerves many times so far.

Im thinking of secondary speccing my Jean Bart and yolorushing blind, i couldnt possible have worse winrate.

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Yep. Best camo Yugumo running away to the furthest heal buff and 20km sniping Musashi. I've lost my nerves many times so far.

Im thinking of secondary speccing my Jean Bart and yolorushing blind, i couldnt possible have worse winrate.

thats quite frustrating honestly. Mushi is such a beast at face tanking damage. hell, my last game had 4m potential damage 3 heals left and finished on 50% ish hp... bow tanking mushi is god strong in ranked..

BUT YES potato teams are frustrating...my most recent game -.-

3 bbs 3 dds per team. had a fletcher what sat in smoke, didnt fire, didnt spot, didnt collect buffs. just used torps. 

a bb who died first 2 mins by rushing dds. image.thumb.png.b14e6cbfdad525ae7a996817010c2747.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,249 battles

but my real question is, why on this world r in ranked with yogumos, roons, ibukys? why why?

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,145 battles
4 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

but my real question is, why on this world r in ranked with yogumos, roons, ibukys? why why?

They grind their stock ships there without CVs... which is sad.

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
857 posts
11,027 battles
6 hours ago, kfa said:

What's wrong with taking a heal? From my experience, it's the best buff to get.

[NOFUN]
Beta Tester
48 posts
11,388 battles

got to be the worst ranked ive played yet having this arms race forced down my throat is a complete joke WG 

i didnt want it before but at least there was a choice to play it now i have no interest in getting my 8th rank 1 game has become a waste of time with this new cv crap and yes i have all the cvs and i do fine in them but its so boring and repetitive after 2 strikes there is nothing different to do but to do this to ranked where people just yolo caps to get a buff and die in the first 3 minutes whats the point in trying now 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
358 posts
16,931 battles
On 2/3/2019 at 2:58 AM, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Cool game mode.

Az

Yep.  After several days of watching a pack of *edit ruin my contributions to a win, I can say with authority:

*edit 

You've touched NOTHING with the scoring system.  Five seasons now you've had this *edit army marching in circles.  *edit.  

This is a cool game mode, I like that.  But it does nothing to encourage aggressive play.  Nothing to encourage teamwork.  Nothing to reward individual contribution.  

*edit

Looking forward to the game that pushes you out of this space. 

Az

Edited by Rvirgo
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,781 battles

with 55% WR (what is considered somewhat decent player) - including star saving ratio of ~16%, you progress ~2-3 stars per 20 games...with 55% WR.

that means, in current "lightweight" season, we got some 60-70 stars to earn = some ~400 games to rank out. And you have 3.5 weeks. Can you play 15 ranked games per day? don't forget that 55% WR

now, there are obviously elements of some serious RNG when it comes to star saving, irreversible ranks etc. You can win 10 games in a row and "jump" like 60-80 games ahead...or you know, loose 10 in a row.

all in all, i am not pissed that ppl in ranked are bad (if they at least are not stock with some flags), but 15 games daily JUST in ranked is too much for me...i don't enjoy spending whole evening playing one tier, and i hate spending whole evening getting nowhere. The sense of progression is fucked, you can literally spend whole weekend playing getting nowhere. And ppl hate that, and then they hate the game, they hate the players...that's why i think ranked is crap - its a grind that feels endless and unrewarding (even tho it statistically is not endless)

the better you are, the shorter it is. But i think WG got this one wrong, its the good players who usually got more free time, not the casuals they push so hard into ranked.

if WG rly wanna keep it open to everyone, there should be some sense of progression, for everyone. Good players will progress faster, average ones slower etc. If ppl felt that loosing will just slow them down, not push them backwards, they would not be such toxic and frustrated. Hell, maybe the 55% guys would still need 400 games to finish it in the end, it would just feel different.

This will help ppl to better manage the game time, not feel like they wasted it.

• Cool 1

[GNG]
Players
45 posts
13,877 battles

So i am the only guy in here happy about all of this? i play dd mostly and that was the safest rank season to play so far, with no death traps.. i mean caps that i am forced to go and get radared endlessly  .

anyway i ranked out at my 62 game witch is a record ill never pass ever again and  i was one start before rank 1 at the 51 and then had to play 10 games for that last one. By far the easiest season so far. and i tried udaloi also with great results of daka daka . heal and smoke is to op in a mode that you get constant heal also . anyway i hope you guys the best . the season is not worse than the 2 previous 1 as a dd at least 

• Cool 3

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
On 2/3/2019 at 8:02 AM, kfa said:

pointless, french 100mm have crap pen to do damage anything other than destroyer....

Players
207 posts
15,110 battles

The problem with last ranked was Julio Cesare. And my problem with that was that usually these ships was on the other team. 
The problem with the current ranked is the Misouri and the Black. And my problem with it is ,again, that for some reason the MM sents them to the opposite side that i am. 
Especialy when you reach 10 it's always that. You get a normal match you may win. Then you get one with the opposite team having Misouri + Black while and you get Fletchers and Alsaces. Oh i wish i had the Misouri but back when it was on his final days to get i was absolutely broke so i had no money to convert xp to free xp so yeah... :(
But i don't blame the people who have those. I am just jealous.I am just saying what is the problem with it in my point of view. If i had the Misouri i would say that all is fine. :P 
As for why people play Ibuki's well they are stealthy and got torps and good caliber guns. The RoF is a bit low but you can't have everything... 

All in all i liked this time's ranked setting with the bonuses. They made it to make people play more openly. But quite often people don't get initiatives. They always wait for some other to do the dirty job and then you lose. 

[TKBS]
[TKBS]
Alpha Tester
1,003 posts
11,249 battles
19 minutes ago, pali_tz1f0s said:

The problem with last ranked was Julio Cesare. And my problem with that was that usually these ships was on the other team. 
The problem with the current ranked is the Misouri and the Black. And my problem with it is ,again, that for some reason the MM sents them to the opposite side that i am. 
Especialy when you reach 10 it's always that. You get a normal match you may win. Then you get one with the opposite team having Misouri + Black while and you get Fletchers and Alsaces. Oh i wish i had the Misouri but back when it was on his final days to get i was absolutely broke so i had no money to convert xp to free xp so yeah... :(
But i don't blame the people who have those. I am just jealous.I am just saying what is the problem with it in my point of view. If i had the Misouri i would say that all is fine. :P 
As for why people play Ibuki's well they are stealthy and got torps and good caliber guns. The RoF is a bit low but you can't have everything... 

All in all i liked this time's ranked setting with the bonuses. They made it to make people play more openly. But quite often people don't get initiatives. They always wait for some other to do the dirty job and then you lose. 

and you are lucky that they didn't sell the alaska, or it would nuke the entire ranked season out of the water

Beta Tester
3,331 posts
14,684 battles

The 6v6 is already an improvement for individual influence. WG just needs to go 5v5 next time, and it will be less frustrating. 

Sure you can have AFK players etc in 5v5, but the chances for that are equal on both teams, meaning it still doesn't make a difference overall. What makes a difference though, is that over 100 games it will be easier to carry only 4 team mates... 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:58 AM, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Cool game mode.

Az

Or maybe you are just not doing what you need to do to win in this game mode ?

• try to counter DDs and get the Heal-Buffs for your team (massive HP advantage that cannot go to the enemy alone)
  • finish off targets, so they cannot heal back
  • don't sit back, but don't yolo either. you have to figure out the right level of aggression, as this game mode needs more aggression with the changing caps.

Overall it helps your team a lot, if you are able to be where the action is and focus the right targets (securing kills, if possible on DDs)

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
6,719 posts

The problem with AR mode and hence this season are those buffs in particular the heal boon... Why? becouse it conpletly fu**s up the balance of ships in particular dds and most particular black and kitakaze, ships that were (sort of) balanced in their tier without having a heal (lets consider what ru dds or jutland need to give up to have few heals in normal mode) and now a kita has it with its 8 guns that fire something like every 2.2-2.4 s a shell that penns every bow and stern in tier as well as every dd everywhere and every deck of every cruiser to boot (lets remember that jutland for instance needs to sacrifice 4 captain points just to be able to properly engage other dds let alone cruisers) and that little SOB should be withered down and eliminated BUT now it has a heal it dissapears with 1k health (that would normally eliminate it from any furher real fighting in that match since it would die instantly if located) and returns in few minutes with (nigh) full HP to p**s fire on you again...

IDK who in WG came up with this AR game mode but they really have to be a big shot since it seems it HAS to "succede" and get played sice it was rather a marginal event when it first came to be implemented and now its get into the CV testing or play AR mode...

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
13 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Yep.  After several days of watching a pack of *edit ruin my contributions to a win, I can say with authority:

WG, go [edited]yourselves.  

You've touched NOTHING with the scoring system.  Five seasons now you've had this *edit army marching in circles.  *edit  

This is a cool game mode, I like that.  But it does nothing to encourage aggressive play.  Nothing to encourage teamwork.  Nothing to reward individual contribution.  

*edit

Looking forward to the game that pushes you out of this space. 

Az

Every ranked season whatever mode, we get this spoiled brat type posts :Smile_amazed: If you don't like the game (and it appears you don't) then don't fkn play it......:Smile_facepalm:  

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
1 hour ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

The 6v6 is already an improvement for individual influence. WG just needs to go 5v5 next time, and it will be less frustrating.

This. I like 6v6 way more then 7v7. Even 5v5 is better then old system. Maybe 6v6 for T8-T10 because of larger maps and 5v5 for lower tiers would be nice. Also not having a CV in ranked is a great thing. Putting CV on small teams like this would be a big mistake.

My greatest complain with current season is balancing. I had games were MM put two Yugumos vs two Kitakazes or, even worse, two Blacks vs two Fletchers. I think that ranked MM should take into account things like radar of nations with two ships option for a class.

But even tho I'm not particularly happy with putting AR on Ranked, I don't think this season is any worse then all previous because of that. But generally ranked are still same s***show as usual. Still 6v6 is big improvement IMO. 

[NWP]
Players
2,812 posts
16,926 battles

My main issues?

- Kitakazes, Musashis and Neptunes that only play to farm damage:

--> Kitakazes: about 50% I meet will alway sit behind me, never going in a bit deeper (you're in a DD spot, you are supposed to do some spotting as well), but only smoking up farming damage,

--> Musashis that hug the nearest Island at the start that limits their field of fire a lot. They then proceed to sit bow in all game, only shooting enemy BB (once again: farming damage),

--> Smoke Neptunes: yes they are fragile, but ffs: smoke firing aint hard. If you want to be usfull: bring a radar and ask smoke from your DDs if you must. AND STOP FARMING DMG ON BBs, SUPPORT YOUR DDs BY SHOOTING THE ENEMY DDs.

How to fix it: get rid of this stupid XP that is based too much on dmg and the rest (capping, spotting, tanking) doesn't yield enough XP.

• Cool 4

Players
535 posts
6,957 battles
On 2/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, kingzy2013 said:

thats quite frustrating honestly. Mushi is such a beast at face tanking damage. hell, my last game had 4m potential damage 3 heals left and finished on 50% ish hp... bow tanking mushi is god strong in ranked..

3 bbs 3 dds per team. had a fletcher what sat in smoke, didnt fire, didnt spot, didnt collect buffs. just used torps. 

a bb who died first 2 mins by rushing dds. image.thumb.png.b14e6cbfdad525ae7a996817010c2747.png

I would need medical help after this for sure - I would get nervous breakdown :cap_wander_2:

[LEEUW]
Players
2,464 posts
10,110 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

ow to fix it: get rid of this stupid XP that is based too much on dmg and the rest (capping, spotting, tanking) doesn't yield enough XP.

If wargaming would make the ranked rewards the same as the clan battle rewards it would be much more enjoyable since damage farming would not be rewarded. You lose, you lose a star. You win, you gain a star. Get rid of this starsaving bull****. 

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,483 posts
15,938 battles

Hi all,

On 2/3/2019 at 9:29 AM, kingzy2013 said:

Yep... I know how you feel...

I posted this in thread "the "carry harder!" thread" the other day...

On 2/2/2019 at 1:01 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

It is absolutely shocking how some "teammates" have no understanding of the game mechanics... especially in "Ranked"... :Smile-angry:

We had 3:2 advantage in ships but were behind in points - I told my "Iowa" to ram enemy "Iowa" (he was just 1 km from him and enemy was reversing) and we would win -  but he didn't and got killed by him instead by turning broadside... this resulted in 1 min game till end and me in my "Missouri" bow on vs. enemy survived "Iowa" bow on... we lost on points... :Smile_sad:

7Qme0dd.jpg

WLD3RXr.jpg

42U3Pr0.jpg

PV6hNvg.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1