You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Riggerby

The New CV Is the funnest, Best thing ever!!1!

113 comments in this topic

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles

>I love the way the planes are borderline impossible to shoot down

>I love the way the planes can drop Torpedos every few seconds using the same squadron without having to arm

>I love the way how you have no ability to dodge torpedos

>i love the way you get flooded with every drop, fire struck with every rocket, and when you use your repair party, thats right, you get instantly flooded again.

>i love the way Atlanta and other AA Specialized ships are now mediocre due to Aura overlaps

>i love the way the planes fly at mach-7 billion speeds and can whip from one side of the map to the other at orbital velocity 

>i love the way the planes spot you from the otherside of the map

>i love the way absolutely noone wanted these changes. yet we got them.

>i love the way CV anti ship power has not been nerfed, Its just spread out over time more.

>i love the way its going to be like this for the next half year whilst you conduct 'testing' and our enjoyment of this game is meaningless in this guinea pig experiment over how much bs we can take

>i love the fact DD's are completely useless because of the stupid perma air spotting and multi attack runs per squadrons, coupled with the fact planes are nearly immortal to all but the best AA and DD's don't stand a chance

>i love the way how you can HEAL AND HIDE the already borderline invincible dealers of aerial death

>i love the way the torpedos ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO YOU FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS BEFORE THEY IMPACT YOU.

>I love the way they have infinite planes and will win the battle of attrition always, and in late game they literally clean up the game.

>i love the way they are quite literally impossible to kill in cyclones / storms. yet are more effective themselves in them.

But you know what i love more than anything?. Before this update.  Wanna simple how to fix?

-Revert back to the past update

-Reduce ALL CV Bomb/Torp Damage by 50%. Increase the XP/Credit reward for shooting down planes 100% to compensate.

-Implement new dogfighting mechanics to replace strafing (No more strafing!). No more complete punishment for a simple 1 second misplacement mistake

-Reduce Air spotting range considerably

-Keep RTS Camera

^ Basically do the things EVERYONE wanted for YEARS. Not this world of warplanes meets OP meets game breaking BS we have been given.

• Cool 15
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 9
  • Bad 3

Players
2,599 posts
12,996 battles
Just now, MortenTardo said:

I love the way you people feel the need to open new topics all the time to say the same thing. GJ :Smile_facepalm:

I love the way you feel the need to keep repeating this in all glorious CV threads :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
306 posts
3,106 battles
Just now, MortenTardo said:

I love the way you people feel the need to open new topics all the time to say the same thing. GJ :Smile_facepalm:

The salt runs deep. very. very deep.(Submarines confirmed kinda deep ya know?)

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Beta Tester
317 posts
4,849 battles
1 minute ago, Riggerby said:

I mean, your whole thread is literally just salt. Hypocritical.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
1,910 posts
Just now, Saiyko said:

I love the way you feel the need to keep repeating this in all glorious CV threads :Smile-_tongue:

I have only just begun mate! 

1 minute ago, Riggerby said:

giphy.gif.6f25d2027b01f9db0fe2a48f16a9bdde.gif

• Funny 3

Players
2,929 posts

I'll admit i got frustrated at start, but slowly i started adapting to the onslaught. What saddens me is that i cant play my dds like i want to. Its like im a noob all over again haha :D

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
2,610 posts
11,389 battles

The torp complaints are just plain laziness if you ask me. USN torps take a while to aim and any abrupt shift in aim resets it. Further more the torp patterns are so spread apart that you should have enough room to manouvre. Meanwhile, IJN torps take awhile to actually arm. In both cases if you get off your lazy [edited]and actually try to dodge you should be able to do it, but I guess like in the rts iteration, ppl only know how to fcking whine and refuse to take some evasive action.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BS4]
Players
1,347 posts
7,451 battles
8 hours ago, Riggerby said:

>I love the way the planes can drop Torpedos every few seconds using the same squadron without having to arm

>i love the way you get flooded with every drop, fire struck with every rocket, and when you use your repair party, thats right, you get instantly flooded again.

>i love the way Atlanta and other AA Specialized ships are now mediocre due to Aura overlaps

>i love the way the planes fly at mach-7 billion speeds and can whip from one side of the map to the other at orbital velocity 

>i love the way CV anti ship power has not been nerfed, Its just spread out over time more.

>i love the way its going to be like this for the next half year whilst you conduct 'testing' and our enjoyment of this game is meaningless in this guinea pig experiment over how much bs we can take

>i love the fact DD's are completely useless because of the stupid perma air spotting and multi attack runs per squadrons, coupled with the fact planes are nearly immortal to all but the best AA and DD's don't stand a chance

>i love the way how you can HEAL AND HIDE the already borderline invincible dealers of aerial death

>i love the way the torpedos ARE ONLY VISIBLE TO YOU FOR ABOUT 2 SECONDS BEFORE THEY IMPACT YOU.

But you know what i love more than anything?. Before this update.  Wanna simple how to fix?

-Reduce ALL CV Bomb/Torp Damage by 50%. Increase the XP/Credit reward for shooting down planes 100% to compensate.

-Implement new dogfighting mechanics to replace strafing (No more strafing!). No more complete punishment for a simple 1 second misplacement mistake

-Keep RTS Camera

^ Basically do the things EVERYONE wanted for YEARS. Not this world of warplanes meets OP meets game breaking BS we have been given.

I love the way in a full AA spec mino Planes can hardly get near you at all....

I love the way I shoot them down with impunity....

I love the way that if they want to drop torps they need to do it further away witch gives me all week to dodge them...

I love the way that this will be how it is for the next 6 months...

I love the way CV players rage at me in chat....

I love all the salt they give....

I love the way you didn't see this fiasco coming ...

kjlzfld.gif

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
8 hours ago, Riggerby said:

-Keep RTS Camera

- Planes aren't "borderline" impossible to shoot down, they're in fact just as easy. if not easier, to shoot down

-This is just dumb, it's a squadron of torpedo bombers sending SOME of their number in for each attack, while the rest are hanging back with their already loaded torpedoes. and when all have used them, they have to return. Being salty and ignorant is a bad mix.

-There's loads of ability to dodge them, but if your idea was always "I should be able to dodge when I see the actual torpedoes, then you're just as much cannonfodder to every DD too, nothing new from a BBaby though.

-Claiming near 100% flood and fire chance? Also completely ignorant.

-As for speed? They're still far slower compared to ships than realistic, so if that's an issue for you, see your Hypocrite teacher. Also manouverability now is a lot worse, while speed hasn't increased a fraction of what you claim. Again, stop being ignorant.

-Plane detection is either the same, or worse, than before.

-Noone wanted these changes? In a way maybe, but ignorant fools certainly filled the forum with demands for changes.

-Spreading damage out over time reduces the effect of that damage. Even more so when it's a larger ratio of repairable damage.

-More ignorant claims about AAA, and ignoring how CVs strongest influence pre-patch was their ability to cross torp delete DDs, while leaving planes behind to spot if they failed to do so, vs now when you'll spot at one location only and cannot spot anything as you send switch squads.

-Effective amount of planes a CV can send out is pretty much the same, outside low tiers at least.

-If you failed to see the planes coming in, and didn't start to take measures against a torpedo run has to be given the chance to go straight, then why should you be handed yet another chance to fix your f-up?

And no, not "everyone" agrees with your suggestion to make BBs top at everything, just BBabies like you.

• Cool 2

Players
209 posts

People should first learn the game again. Maybe you should play first +1000 battles before you grasp the new game play.

I (and you) know that was the old advice here on the forum when a 300-battles-player complained about the game mechanics.

Why don't you follow that advice?

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,221 battles

Most played ship: Midway, followed by Saipan.....:Smile_amazed:

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
9 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

People should first learn the game again.

there is nothing to learn when 90% of the ships AA system  out of your control, and when you see numbers popin' up like 5000-6000 and then theres no planes get shoot down after 30k aircraft damage,
tho by the way, if carriers can have unlimited aircrafts, why the ships that can use fighters got limited by numbers?

[PANEU]
Players
17 posts
15,840 battles
11 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

People should first learn the game again. Maybe you should play first +1000 battles before you grasp the new game play.

I (and you) know that was the old advice here on the forum when a 300-battles-player complained about the game mechanics.

Why don't follow that advice?

well maybe many dont want to do another 1000 plus games in ships that were fine before.

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
17 posts
15,840 battles
43 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

- Planes aren't "borderline" impossible to shoot down, they're in fact just as easy. if not easier, to shoot down

-This is just dumb, it's a squadron of torpedo bombers sending SOME of their number in for each attack, while the rest are hanging back with their already loaded torpedoes. and when all have used them, they have to return. Being salty and ignorant is a bad mix.

-There's loads of ability to dodge them, but if your idea was always "I should be able to dodge when I see the actual torpedoes, then you're just as much cannonfodder to every DD too, nothing new from a BBaby though.

-Claiming near 100% flood and fire chance? Also completely ignorant.

-As for speed? They're still far slower compared to ships than realistic, so if that's an issue for you, see your Hypocrite teacher. Also manouverability now is a lot worse, while speed hasn't increased a fraction of what you claim. Again, stop being ignorant.

-Plane detection is either the same, or worse, than before.

-Noone wanted these changes? In a way maybe, but ignorant fools certainly filled the forum with demands for changes.

-Spreading damage out over time reduces the effect of that damage. Even more so when it's a larger ratio of repairable damage.

-More ignorant claims about AAA, and ignoring how CVs strongest influence pre-patch was their ability to cross torp delete DDs, while leaving planes behind to spot if they failed to do so, vs now when you'll spot at one location only and cannot spot anything as you send switch squads.

-Effective amount of planes a CV can send out is pretty much the same, outside low tiers at least.

-If you failed to see the planes coming in, and didn't start to take measures against a torpedo run has to be given the chance to go straight, then why should you be handed yet another chance to fix your f-up?

And no, not "everyone" agrees with your suggestion to make BBs top at everything, just BBabies like you.

dodge torps, i do ask you to post your replay where you show your skills in dodging when those torp planes attack you 3 times in 20 seconds.

aa is just fine you claim so why do my american cruisers so little damage to planes.

speed is slower then rtealistic lol, wtf has realistic have to do with it.

and why do i see so little dds into play and yet you claim they are just as viable as before.

you claim so many things i def do not see in gameplay and you proof this with strong words and insults

oh and i am not a bb player, i liked dds the best. Not anymore btw, dds are def no fun to play now.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
1 minute ago, sircomealot said:

dodge torps, i do ask you to post your replay where you show your skills in dodging when those torp planes attack you 3 times in 20 seconds.

aa is just fine you claim so why do my american cruisers so little damage to planes.

and why do i see so little dds into play and yet you claim they are just as viable as before.

you claim so many things i def do not see in gameplay and you proof this with strong words and insults

oh and i am not a bb player, i liked dds the best. Not anymore btw, dds are def no fun to play now.

I invite you to show me a replay where you get 3 attacks in 20 seconds (issue with people like you who prefer to live in ignorance, is that you don't understand how long torpedo attack runs are now). Also, is your ship unable to turn again after doing one turn?

Why your USN CA/CLs do so little damage to planes I cannot know, mine have no such problem.

As for speed, the op was crying and pretending planes moved at "warp speed" so pointing out they're far slower in comparison to ships than realistic would imply he figured his ships were even more absurd. So if you want to adress a point, you need to understand what it was an answer to,  as it might make you look less foolish.

People play less and more based on what they think the meta is, and what they think they should fear, not what actually happens. More than that, we're still only a couple days into the patch with way more than the usual and expected amount of CVs.

And if you want to whine about insults, do so for everyone, not just cry about those who go against your in game bias.

Players
209 posts
3 minutes ago, sircomealot said:

AA not working? Questions about torps? Those look like questions from somebody that still hasn't a grasp of the new gameplay.

Like I said give it time. Give it a +1000 games and you WILL get there. Trust me on this 1.

Players
230 posts
7,639 battles
8 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

AA not working? Questions about torps? Those look like questions from somebody that still hasn't a grasp of the new gameplay.

Like I said give it time. Give it a +1000 games and you WILL get there. Trust me on this 1.

i would like to see your  stats how much did you give so far for this patch

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
35 minutes ago, ApolloF117 said:

there is nothing to learn when 90% of the ships AA system  out of your control, and when you see numbers popin' up like 5000-6000 and then theres no planes get shoot down after 30k aircraft damage,
tho by the way, if carriers can have unlimited aircrafts, why the ships that can use fighters got limited by numbers?

If planes slowly regenerating over time means unlimited aircraft, then BBs, CAs, and DDs fire an unlimited amount of guns and torps in every battle.

Math, it's a thing, try it.

Players
2,610 posts
11,389 battles
36 minutes ago, sircomealot said:

This is just a blatent lie. The tb has to execute the attack run, drop torps, make a turn and repeat it 2 more times in order to attack you 3 times. It will definately take more than 20s. 

At least try to lie more convincingly. 

I honestly don't get why people think AA is the only thing between them and cv planes. You have a fcking rudder so just fcking use it instead if moaning about your lack of AA or what not.

PSA: AA ALONE DOES NOT STOP CV ATTACKS!!!

edit: @El2aZeR can you do 3 torp strikes in 20s on the same target? :Smile_hiding: