Sign in to follow this  
ImiMilo

What an update!

13 comments in this topic

[CZILL]
Players
15 posts
3,019 battles

Before some ignorant closes this post (for money he is paid, not any logical reason) I'd like to say, thank you! For saving my money&time :Smile_teethhappy: bye bye Wargaming:cap_horn:

@boycottwg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,597 battles
11 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

At least it filters out some of the clueless.

So so strategic planning is clueless but arcade aircraft are not.  So even language is to be reworked in this new age of WoW.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
1 minute ago, Tatsfield said:

So so strategic planning is clueless but arcade aircraft are not.  So even language is to be reworked in this new age of WoW.

Nope.

I meant the players who are unable to understand and adapt. It is very unlikely that these were able to do any strategic planning in the first place.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,597 battles

If we are talking  about understanding, my understanding of the CV rework is that players who liked strategy and planning will have to adapt to like arcade shooting up flying where the critical skill is the flying and weapon delivery but that the real war winning skill of strategic deployment upon which real CV naval warfare is based has been phased out. In WWII Pacific naval war, it was the US admirals who won the battles, without  them the flyers would not have brought in a victory no matter how well they flew..  So WoW  CVs are now the antithesis of this concept as it has been dumbed down for teenage wizz bang players.  I think that all the thoughtful things I enjoyed about CV play have been removed in favour of action.  If that's what the market wants, that's what the market will deliver.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
3 minutes ago, Tatsfield said:

If we are talking  about understanding, my understanding of the CV rework is that players who liked strategy and planning will have to adapt to like arcade shooting up flying where the critical skill is the flying and weapon delivery but that the real war winning skill of strategic deployment upon which real CV naval warfare is based has been phased out. In WWII Pacific naval war, it was the US admirals who won the battles, without  them the flyers would not have brought in a victory no matter how well they flew..  So WoW  CVs are now the antithesis of this concept as it has been dumbed down for teenage wizz bang players.  I think that all the thoughtful things I enjoyed about CV play have been removed in favour of action.  If that's what the market wants, that's what the market will deliver.

Read here:

[LEAKS]
Players
237 posts
9,597 battles

Funnily I was just reading that when your posting notification popped up.  Most of that guys comments are about damage infliction on other vessels and not about real time strategic play.  If I wanted to take the role of a pilot and fly aircraft in a virtual battle, there are a lot of better air war games verging on flight simulation.  The flight simulation in WoW CVs is actualy very little.  The aircraft are like steerable shells flying at a predetermined height into a wall of explosions. My dislike of the new CV rework is that it calls for a shift in the skill set from war planning to attack flying.  Others obviously like that shift.  I don't see WG returning to having a RTS game embedded in a FPS game.  I'll probably play BB and then wander off to find something else.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
27,206 posts
14,521 battles
3 hours ago, Tatsfield said:

My dislike of the new CV rework is that it calls for a shift in the skill set from war planning to attack flying. 

In terms of feel: the CV still needs the most situational awareness and meta knowledge to know where he needs to put his strikes. Fighter play and micro has been replaced by AA dodging tactics, which is still engaging in a way and needs its practice. The fear of "dumbing down" has not really come true at all, as I still have to look at the map, imagine AA ranges, find the best targets, and plan for a flight path.

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,249 battles

My 50 cents

Flying the planes made me instantly think of the Battlefield game series. Of course one can also classify this as arcade, flying an 747/A380 simulation is something different in comparison. I love arcade and sims and anything in-between. Its all flexible terms anyway and depends on the person and the situation on what things feel arcade or detail (real life copy) simultion. I would classify 500 plane titles as arcade and 2 dozen titles of the last 30 years as plane sims. So for me basically "Everything" is arcade which is played by the mainstream. I find it senseless to battle about those distinctive terms, but some like to argue.

The new system allows excellent gameplay skill developments, very good CV players can make up for 1 or 2 CV Newbies in the team.

I'm a big fan of RTS games. IMHO the previous so-called RTS version was nice to fetch a coffee and donuts during plane reload times, watch Utube on a second screen or playing CV at work. The Kaze Torper can be similar relaxed gameplay with fitted 20 KM long range torps.

I love the speedy CV action now, its like a combo of Counterstrike, Afterburner and Chess - I miss loopings and more extreme airbrakes, I would also be open to manual carrier return landing, paying in credits for reloaded bombs, torp and rockets as the plane is back on the carrier and/or a fuel tank system ( limiting range ) incl. refueling wait times.

I wouldn't go so far and call the old system: RTS

For me it felt more like arcade (Mini)map gameplay. I had played something like 2000 matches in the old (Mini)map System.

No brainer changes:

IMHO WG working on a FlakSystemRework , improved sea concealment versus planes and -50% plane restock time could play out well. Lets see what they do :)

10/10 for the CV Rework

?/10 for a possible upcoming Flak Rework and reduction of the plane restock time

• Funny 1

Players
10 posts
7,396 battles
10 hours ago, puffpuff134 said:

My 50 cents

Flying the planes made me instantly think of the Battlefield game series. Of course one can also classify this as arcade, flying an 747/A380 simulation is something different in comparison. I love arcade and sims and anything in-between. Its all flexible terms anyway and depends on the person and the situation on what things feel arcade or detail (real life copy) simultion. I would classify 500 plane titles as arcade and 2 dozen titles of the last 30 years as plane sims. So for me basically "Everything" is arcade which is played by the mainstream. I find it senseless to battle about those distinctive terms, but some like to argue.

The new system allows excellent gameplay skill developments, very good CV players can make up for 1 or 2 CV Newbies in the team.

I'm a big fan of RTS games. IMHO the previous so-called RTS version was nice to fetch a coffee and donuts during plane reload times, watch Utube on a second screen or playing CV at work. The Kaze Torper can be similar relaxed gameplay with fitted 20 KM long range torps.

I love the speedy CV action now, its like a combo of Counterstrike, Afterburner and Chess - I miss loopings and more extreme airbrakes, I would also be open to manual carrier return landing, paying in credits for reloaded bombs, torp and rockets as the plane is back on the carrier and/or a fuel tank system ( limiting range ) incl. refueling wait times.

I wouldn't go so far and call the old system: RTS

For me it felt more like arcade (Mini)map gameplay. I had played something like 2000 matches in the old (Mini)map System.

No brainer changes:

IMHO WG working on a FlakSystemRework , improved sea concealment versus planes and -50% plane restock time could play out well. Lets see what they do :)

10/10 for the CV Rework

?/10 for a possible upcoming Flak Rework and reduction of the plane restock time 

I just love sarcasm….

• Funny 1

[CZILL]
Players
15 posts
3,019 battles

Ok... one has to say that WG actually workS, despite the bullying WG fan boys and moderators closing topics 24/7 :cap_popcorn:

Dear players,

It's been less than a week since update 0.8.0 release - a major, and probably the biggest change in the game yet, CV rework. We want to share the first list of fixes, changes and tweaks that are to be implemented to improve new CV and counter-CV gameplay. But first of all we sincerely thank you for your feedback and game activity, as well as apologize for any stress and inconvenience that you could experience due to massive game change 

Please note that all information in this post is preliminary.

1. Critical changes and fixes that we're working on right now (to be implemented within 0.8.0 in "hotfix" update ASAP).

• Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN tier X CV Hakuryu;
  • Reduce the excessive efficiency of IJN Torpedo Bombers (reduce flooding chance, introduce spread debuff when maneuvering);
  • Resolve the "F-spam" issue, when a CV can just recall its squadron at any time without considerable penalties (increase the vulnerability time for the squadron after recall so that players can shoot down some planes before it completely disengages);
  • Do overall AA balancing: shift a part of damage from flak bursts to constant DPS. Flak bursts proved to be an interesting aspect of AA. However, on the one hand, they deal disproportional amount of damage, and on the other hand, avoiding them often results in completely insufficient damage to the planes;
  • Do overall Attack Planes vs. Destroyers balancing. While this is an important thing to do, we would like to indicate that most players seem to underestimate the power of manual AA activation ([P] by default). Due to great DD concealment, if often makes sense to turn AA off until spotted. A DD spotted at minimal range is a lot harder to hit with the first attack run even with rockets. Although, this trick does not remove the need for further balancing;
  • Do additional Premium CV and UK CV (unreleased) balancing;
  • Remove the inconsistency between Des Moines and Salem in close/mid-range AA;

2. Changes and improvements that we work on now in the timeframe of next updates (0.8.1 and beyond).

• Improve plane reserves UI (information should me better presented);
  • Improve AA sector UI (better usability);
  • Do additional balancing for individual ships, armament, skills and upgrades, as the statistical data is being accumulated;
  • Clear the minimap for non-CV ships (remove the unnecessary info about returning planes, etc);
  • Finish the development for CV bots (Cooperative Battles);

3. Open questions and concerns to be researched in more detail and addressed if needed (no specific update planned yet, but it may change).

• The amount and quality of CV spotting in the new meta;
  • MM limits (our ideal limit is 1 CV per team, very few cases of 2 CV (and always 1 at tier X, but right now the limit is 3 across the board): we would like to change the limits where/when possible.

As indicated before, these are the first plans after several days of release. We will keep monitoring your feedback and update you about any further changes.

Thank you, good luck, and fair seas!

Sign in to follow this