Sign in to follow this  
Grandexeno

New Ideas before "new rework (aka 8.2?)"

1 comment in this topic

[AGK]
Players
20 posts
4,121 battles

Well, considering that we will NOT see any rollback from 8.2 (let's be realistic here), let's try to put out ideas of how CV gameplay could be better and better the overall gameplay of other ships.

I personally noticed, for example, that  tier IV CVs have minuscule impact on a match, on average: take a look at the damage they can deal and you'll see that, in the face of tier IV-VI AA, they are absolutely reduntant: on the contrary, apparently the main problem of "OP CVs" is tier X (mostly if not entirely?) CVs, with lots of torps and lots of HP per squadron and lots of squadrons to deploy (hence "infinite planes", something that you don't see until tier VIII I guess -cause I main a tier VI USN and it's nowhere near like that).

So with that said:

-ATTACK PLANES, DD SPOTTING & "CV COUNTER": let's be honest, we don't need them. Actually, what it would be needed is to remove the ability to shoot to ships and instead re-integrate the ability to shoot other planes. Wanna make this CV an "Ace of the Skies" thingie? Let's do it then.

So the idea is to give Attack Planes a "torpedo targeting crosshair", so  an arc: in the middle part, higher damage, dealt (more focus) lateral part, less damage dealt (less focus) and of course there is a need to establish the range of engagement (and possibly higher damage vs a nearby enemy and lower damage vs an enemy at the border of range of engagement. Give the Attack Plane no changes of altitude and voilà, counterplay CV vs CV. You could even give them the opportunity to strike other planes when they're not diving, so you can disrupt them forcing them into a fruitless dive, for example.

Spotting wise we could even say that DDs could get less kmts of spotting range via air. Why's that? Well, because of "a lot of planes at disposal" and to make use of the radiolocation skill, that 4th tier skill, on actual planes. This way you use it to "search the direction the DD should be", and possibly spot it.

-BOMBER PLANES: slow as hell and hellishly difficult to land a hit with, It would be probably nicer if one could choose between a AP or HE load (now as far as I know, JPN has AP and USN HE, at least at tier VI)

- TORPEDO PLANES: overall I'd say that at least Tier IV NEEDS a buff on them. One torp per discharge, with USN torps going at a merry THIRTYFIVE KNOTS...for 2k damage...don't need to say more, right?

OTHER TYPES OF PLANES: let's consider other ideas for uneven tier CV, as noted in a release note, for different gameplay with a CV, a support role:

-SMOKE RELEASING PLANES: we could have them "release/deploy" smoke (like a DD maybe?): and a version of that THICKER, that can disrupt RADAR maybe? (you know, with particles of aluminium inside). That would give back some tactical aspect to CV play, for example.

-INCENDIARY OIL RELEASING PLANES: same as before but they release burning oil (let's say it begins to burn at the end of the "drop", ofc) on a given area, with 90% Fire possibility for whoever stays in said area. Another tactical option to delay ships from reaching an area, for example.

-DEEP WATER TORPEDO PLANES: same as normal torp planes, but I guess they should have some kind of malus given that they send hidden torps.

These are just some ideas (I guess the first one of the list is very valid though), and of course there's need of tweaking parameters on tier IV CVs and endgame CVs (too nerfed and too op, at least apparently the latters).

---------------------------

Feel free to add your constructive opinions belown: who knows, we could even help the game :)

Sign in to follow this