You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ASharpPencil

Sell all CV, Do I keep ship XP?

22 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
260 posts
5,405 battles

Hi all,

overall not "rainbow and cloud" with CV rework, but again it only my 2nd day.

IF I sell all my CVs do I keep there ship XP?

so I can re-buy them again?

think of using free XP to try something else...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Yes, ship and elite ship XP don't void upon ship selling.

P.S.: Might want to change your location then though. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
1,001 posts
14,454 battles

Open up your Inventory and you'll see a new section for Aircraft Carriers on the left-hand side.

You can see how much free XP and credits you'll receive for each CV you have. They have to be sold in reverse tier order.

The free XP is essentially a refund of the XP you originally used to unlock the CV and its modules.

Any XP earned on that ship is then transferred downwards to the Tier 1 Cruiser so you have the option to later convert it.

BTW, the new CVs are unlocked via the Destroyer line and not the Battleship line, so you may need to buyback and grind more XP on the Clemson and Isokaze (or just free XP back to new Langley and new Hosho).

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles

No, when you sell the CV, its XP are getting transferred to the T1 ship of that Nation.

If you are not selling all CVs however, you can use the XP from the previous to research the higher one, thats what i did.

Selling the T4 CVs didnt make much sense to me, but i had >60k XP on both of em. I sold all higher ones. I got 99k FreeXP back from my T6 CV, then used the normal XP from my T4 CVs to research the T6 CVs again.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

No, when you sell the CV, its XP are getting transferred to the T1 ship of that Nation.

If you are not selling all CVs however, you can use the XP from the previous to research the higher one, thats what i did.

Selling the T4 CVs didnt make much sense to me, but i had >60k XP on both of em. I sold all higher ones. I got 99k FreeXP back from my T6 CV, then used the normal XP from my T4 CVs to research the T6 CVs again.

You're thinking the line refund.

Sold individual ships keep ship and elite ship XP. The whole line refund only transfers ship XP to the tier I because the ships you refunded are no longer researched by the player, thuse your account technically no longer owns them, whereas a sold ship that's still researched is still technically owned by the player and all tied ship and elite XP are also tied to the players account and thus don't void.

260 posts
5,405 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ok so with that logic I need to keep the T4 of both lines.

And all XP from the ships move to the T4, I can open T6 but all XP stay at T4?

AM I correct? 

free XP is fine for all, that I get.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
Just now, Aotearas said:

Sold individual ships keep ship and elite ship XP. The whole line refund only transfers ship XP to the tier I because the ships you refunded are no longer researched by the player, thuse your account technically no longer owns them, whereas a sold ship that's still researched is still technically owned by the player and all tied ship and elite XP are also tied to the players account and thus don't void.

Well, after reading all the posts, i certainly am not sure anymore what @ASharpPencil meant. I just concluded from his last sentence that he want to refund them through the inventory.

Anyway, both scenarios should be covered, so he should know what will happen in his event :Smile-_tongue:

260 posts
5,405 battles

Yes,  I got my answer.

If I refund only the t10 the ship XP go to T8, then if I buy it again I need to "open again" all upgrades with grind since all XP is on T8 now.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
1 minute ago, ASharpPencil said:

Ok so with that logic I need to keep the T4 of both lines.

And all XP from the ships move to the T4, I can open T6 but all XP stay at T4?

AM I correct? 

free XP is fine for all, that I get.

Lets clarify once again: You are talking about refunding them through the Inventory, correct?

Then yes, you can use the XP on the T4 CV to research the T6 CV, IF you have XP on the CV right now. When you sell your T6-8-10 CVs, their XP gets transferred to Erie or Hashidate.

Ill showcase with an Example:

Langley 105.000 XP

Ranger 80.000 XP

Lexington 125.000 XP

Midway 210.000 XP

If you sell Midway, Lexington and Ranger, all the XP (80k+125k+210k) will be transferred to Erie, and Erie will have 415.000 XP afterwards. After you sold them, you want to re-research Ranger, which you can do, because the Langley has 105k XP, from which you need ~70k or so. The new Ranger will have 0 XP.

If you have lots of XP on Lexington, id only sell Midway and research Midway with the XP from the Lexington.

260 posts
5,405 battles

Nice,

SO I will sell HAKURYU that got 625442 XP on her, and Sell MIDWAY with 1,241,155

and roll back to SHOKAKU current XP 1,711,623 and to LEXINGTON that have 344,452 XP.

Players
1,910 posts
6 minutes ago, ASharpPencil said:

Nice,

SO I will sell HAKURYU that got 625442 XP on her, and Sell MIDWAY with 1,241,155

and roll back to SHOKAKU current XP 1,711,623 and to LEXINGTON that have 344,452 XP.

Why would anyone sell the Haku? Best ship in the game atm. 

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Since OP is talking about the fxp he gets, he clearly is talking about the temporary CV reimbursement.

And I did similar to others here, I sold my haku, then re-researched it with the xp I had on my shokaku (since I had about 1mill xp on it, it felt more practical to use that than to make a bit more fxp and get a bajillion xp on the t1 ship), and sold/de-researched midway down to ranger (couldn't be arsed going lower for a little extra fxp)

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Why would anyone sell the Haku? Best ship in the game atm. 

Dropping down nets you 1-2 t9 fxp ships worth at the cost of re-grinding.

Dropping down if you can instantly re-research it, nets you that fxp at no cost.

• Cool 1

Players
1,910 posts
1 minute ago, AgarwaenME said:

Dropping down nets you 1-2 t9 fxp ships worth at the cost of re-grinding.

Dropping down if you can instantly re-research it, nets you that fxp at no cost.

Hmm. Ok. Did not know you could do it like that. Sounds a bit cheaty tho. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

Be careful here. Any CVS you buy after the update, if you sell them again (the entire line) th experience will end up on a T1 cruiser needing converting with doubloons again. Not free experience. 

So again be careful as it is not warned very well. 

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
23 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

Be careful here. Any CVS you buy after the update, if you sell them again (the entire line) th experience will end up on a T1 cruiser needing converting with doubloons again. Not free experience. 

So again be careful as it is not warned very well. 

Still, if someone wants to get Free Exp and keep CVs, its not a bad deal.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Ill showcase with an Example:

Langley 105.000 XP

Sealclubber :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles
58 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Still, if someone wants to get Free Exp and keep CVs, its not a bad deal.

I mostly mean people buying CVS for the first time. I free expd to midway today played 10 games did fine 70% w/r 

But fancied giving ijn a try. Sold the ships via invent only to realise you don't get the free Exp back. It ends up on Erie needing like 25k doubloons to get the same amount back. 

Beta Tester
4,709 posts
11,014 battles
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Hmm. Ok. Did not know you could do it like that. Sounds a bit cheaty tho. :Smile_teethhappy:

fudd.jpg?w=376&h=189

• Funny 1

Players
10,086 posts
11,852 battles
19 minutes ago, kingzy2013 said:

I mostly mean people buying CVS for the first time. I free expd to midway today played 10 games did fine 70% w/r 

But fancied giving ijn a try. Sold the ships via invent only to realise you don't get the free Exp back. It ends up on Erie needing like 25k doubloons to get the same amount back. 

I can't get IJN working, they are so overspecialized into anti BB role while not being that much better than USN at it.

260 posts
5,405 battles

SO I sold my T10 CV, got them again from my T8 ship XP.

from 1,583,003 I moved to 2,547,003 Free XP.

The only 1 good thing fro CV rework so far.

EDIT: can only be done once per ship, I tried :)

[SHAFT]
Players
10,238 posts
9,063 battles
14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sealclubber :Smile_trollface:

Psssh, i had like 140k combined on my Hosho and Langley :Smile_hiding: