Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dukewerth1

About CVs gameplay

10 comments in this topic

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles

Hello everybody

We are in a period where there are huge changes for CVs and I wanted to share my opinion and gets yours.

Here is the thing: I'm one of the people who really love the old CV gameplay. I don't know how much we are ^^ But I understand that WG is trying to get new customers by making it easier to learn. However, why making the CV gameplay like it is in World of Warplanes? I would like to know, to the people who loves this new gameplay, if they played to WoWp. If no, why you didn't play because this rework is like WoWp. If yes, why do you want 2 games doing approximately the same thing?

After that, I want your opinion about some ideas that I get and I saw on all of these topics for the CVs. Note that it's for the old CV gameplay:

- add fuel on planes. Like that, they won't be able to spot during the entier battle.

- decrease the DMG of AP bombers. It's not normal that a german BB for example can be OS by bombs.

- decrease by 1 the number of torpedo bomber in each squad.

- and the most important, WG, you did lot of videos about citadels, radar ect but none about the CV gameplay (old one). Why that? It would help the beginners to understand the CV gameplay.

If you have some ideas about old CV gameplay, share them. i know this post concerns the past but I really hope WG will take back the old CV gameplay.

(btw, sry for my english, hope no lot of mistakes ^^)

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,054 battles
1 hour ago, Dukewerth1 said:

I would like to know, to the people who loves this new gameplay, if they played to WoWp. If no, why you didn't play because this rework is like WoWp. If yes, why do you want 2 games doing approximately the same thing?

The only things it really has in common with WoWp is that you're looking at planes... Other than that extremely shallow "first look" feeling they are basically nothing alike.

2 hours ago, Dukewerth1 said:

If you have some ideas about old CV gameplay, share them. i know this post concerns the past but I really hope WG will take back the old CV gameplay.

(btw, sry for my english, hope no lot of mistakes ^^)

They won't bring the old gameplay back, that one is already set in stone - it's best you give up your hope because the only thing that awaits you is disappointment... based not only on what WG said but also on their typical way of doing things, we'd sooner see CVs removed from the game than rolled back to the old mechanic.

Btw, isn't is funny that, actually, all your concerns have basically been addressed with the rework?

- planes don't have fuel but they never just circle for extended periods of time unless they are fighters - and these do have a time limit

- AP bombs are a joke

- the biggest number of torpedoes striking at once is 6 weak ones with extreme attack run to not fan into a ridiculously wide spread (USN) or 4 normal ones with extreme arming distance.

- there is a How it Works video about new CV gameplay

0 posts

I apologize for my English. I almost never write on the forums, but I just could not keep silent. My favorite game was taken away from me. New gameplay on aircraft carriers is just crap. Primitive air simulator for idiots. Only one squadron in the air? Unable to control fighters? How to go away the ship from the torpedoes? On the mini map - just stupid. Of course, the developers have invested a lot of money in this nonsense and will not return anything, just burn in hell.

[SSN]
Players
4 posts
4,643 battles

My Lexington is pretty much useless, at most i've managed to cause 34k damage in a game (the most i had pre-rework was 108k damage with 3 ships sunk in my Ranger).

The fighters are good for spotting and harassing dd's, they immediately melt when faced with 2 or more ships.

The dive bombers are pretty much useless, 2k damage a hit, with a chance to start fire, they are unlikely to make another bombing run because they immediately melt when faced with 2 or more ships.

The torpedo bombers are the most useful, if you are lucky and find a single bb, who's aa isn't up to scratch, you might actually make 2 runs at it and cause 5k damage a hit, if you manage to line up a torpedo run well enough.Still, they melt when faced with 2 or more ships.

Maybe it's because it's too soon after the re-work. But i've yet to see a CV being actually a threat since the re-work.....

• Cool 1

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

The only things it really has in common with WoWp is that you're looking at planes... Other than that extremely shallow "first look" feeling they are basically nothing alike.

They won't bring the old gameplay back, that one is already set in stone - it's best you give up your hope because the only thing that awaits you is disappointment... based not only on what WG said but also on their typical way of doing things, we'd sooner see CVs removed from the game than rolled back to the old mechanic.

Btw, isn't is funny that, actually, all your concerns have basically been addressed with the rework?

- planes don't have fuel but they never just circle for extended periods of time unless they are fighters - and these do have a time limit

- AP bombs are a joke

- the biggest number of torpedoes striking at once is 6 weak ones with extreme attack run to not fan into a ridiculously wide spread (USN) or 4 normal ones with extreme arming distance.

- there is a How it Works video about new CV gameplay

Ok so no reason to keep playing ^^ have good games with brainless game so ^^

and for your answers: first points, you see that dD are spotted and killed. Worst than before. For the torpedo, you can do a flooding then just wait a little and flooding again (saw it happen very often). Yes, there is a video about NEW gameplay. The old one? no. Why?

[TOXIC]
Players
4,758 posts
12,054 battles
40 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

Ok so no reason to keep playing ^^ have good games with brainless game so ^^ 

Well, apart from it not being actually brainless... sure, that's my plan :Smile_honoring:

I do hope they tweak a lot of things, though. There's a big improvement over the old gameplay (although, of course, that one had their fans like you - which is unfortunate since, well, something they liked got removed), but a lot of glaring problems as well.

40 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

Yes, there is a video about NEW gameplay. The old one? no. Why?

Most likely because old CVs were less relevant than the basics they covered first AND when they started putting up these videos, the rework was already well under way. Most likely they didn't really feel the need to make a video explaining mechanics that were about to be removed anyway.

Players
144 posts
3,590 battles

To elliastion, yeah sure why making videos about something they'll destroy ^^ however, why didn't do before?  they couldn't think about it before? what I see the most is this update is for console only ^^

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,325 battles

Mouse and keyboard steering can now be greatly skilled and trained to the max by a good plane mastermind.

If planes could fly loopings it would be nice, I miss that kind of maneuver.

WG will surely patch concealment, spotting, AA, restock times etc., hopefully in the next few weeks.

They will probably not implement landing on a CV someday, but I would enjoy

+ refueling return approaches to the CV ( reducing plane spam )

+ plane fuel meter ( limiting range )

+ deciding to load extra fuel tanks or more torps and bombs instead of more fuel tanks

+ weather affecting visibility and spotting

+ wind force, affecting drops, air speed and CV landing

+ Refuel air tanker squadron ( working in partnership with the other CV, refuelling midair ),  maybe to Scifi /modern for the game - I would enjoy it.

WG gets constant content pressure from Warthunder anyway.

Maybe I have luck and they implement such things in 8 years or so :D

Weekend Tester
859 posts

You can't play tier 8 and uipwards in coop, you get hammered the bot ships always have their sector aa ready even if you try a feint, and yes they dodge torps as well they do not sail in a straight line as so many ppl think, its very likely easier to play in pvp where a lot of ppl do not know how to activate their aa.

Sign in to follow this